Death of Prince Mohammad Bin Talal: April 29,2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
His Royal Highness Prince Muhammad bin Talal passed away.

The Royal Hashemite Court announced on Thursday the death of His Royal Highness Prince Muhammad bin Talal bin Abdullah I of Jordan.
The late Prince is the uncle of King Abdullah II of Jordan and the brother of the late King Hussein bin Talal, Prince Hassan, and Princess Basma.
Prince Mohammad was born in Amman in 1940. He is married to Princess Taghreed Muhammad daughter of former Prime Minister Hazaa al-Majali and has two sons from a previous marriage, princes Ghazi and Talal.

May his soul rest in peace. My deepest condolences to his family.

Last edited:
That is indeed sad news. He was noticeably absent in the recent family council. So, I don't think his passing is unexpected for the family but still a hard moment when it does happen.

Sad news.
May he rest in peace,

Jordan`s national TV announced a while ago that the late prince will be buried tomorrow, Friday, in the royal cemetery. Only a few royal family members will be allowed to attend the funeral due to Covid-19 restrictions.

Last edited:
Petra statements:
Royal Court announces death of Prince Muhammad bin Talal
Amman, Apr. 29 (Petra)-- The Royal Hashemite Court on Thursday, in a statement, announced the passing away of His Royal Highness Prince Muhammed bin Talal, His Majesty’s personal envoy, may his soul rest in peace.

Royal Court announces 7 days of mourning over passing of Prince Muhammed bin Talal
Amman, Apr. 29 (Petra)-- The Royal Hashemite Court on Thursday, in a statement, announced 7 days of mourning over the passing of His Royal Highness Prince Muhammed bin Talal, His Majesty’s personal envoy, may his soul rest in peace.

Last edited:
RHC's Royal Protocol issues statement regarding Prince Muhammad bin Talal burial ceremony
The burial ceremony will depart from the palace of the late Prince Muhammad to the Royal Guards Mosque at 11:55 am.

Due to public health concerns and in compliance with public safety measures due to the coronavirus pandemic, a limited number of Royal Hashemite Family members will be present at the Royal Guards Mosque at 12:10 pm.

His Majesty King Abdullah II and His Royal Highness the Crown Prine Al Hussein bin Abdullah II will both attend the ceremony. The royal Protocols invited a limited number of royals to attend the ceremony and they are:
- HRH Prince El Hassan bin Talal
- HRH Prince Faisal bin Al Hussein
- HRH Ali bin Al Hussein
- HRH Hamzah bin Al Hussein
- HRH Prince Hashim bin Al Hussein
- HRH Prince Talal bin Muhammad
- HRH Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad
- HRH Prince Rashid bin Al Hassan
- HRH Prince Omar bin Faisal bin Al Hussein
- HRH Prince Hussein bin Talal bin Muhammad
- HRH Prince Muhammad bin Talal bin Muhammad
- HRH Prince Ali bin Nayef
- HRH Prince "Muhammad Abbas" bin Ali bin Nayef
- HRH Prince Asem bin Nayef
- HRH Prince Nayef bin Asem bin Nayef
- HRH Prince Ra'ad bin Zeid
- HRH Prince Mired bin Ra'ad bin Zeid
- His Excellency Sharif Shaker bin Zeid bin Shaker
- His Excellency Sharif Ghazi Bin Shaker Bin Zeid
- His Excellency Sharif Jamil bin Nasser bin Jamil
- His Excellency Sharif Hussein bin Nasser bin Jamil
- His Excellency Sharif Nasser bin Nasser bin Jamil
- His Excellency Sharif Fawwaz bin Zaben bin Abdullah
- His Excellency Sharif Zaid bin Fawwaz bin Zaben bin Abdullah

The special procession accompanying the body of the late Prince Muhammad will arrive at the mosque at 12:30 pm.

Attendants will perform Friday Prayer and the Funeral Prayer in the Royal Guards Mosque.

In compliance with public health and safety measures, the handshake ceremony to receive condolences will be canceled

Why Prince Abdullah bin Ghazi bin Muhammad (aged 20) is not invited?
He has right to say farewell to his grandpa.

Last edited:
That doesn't seem to be a limited list; rather extensive I would say; but unlike the BRF apparently, they consider the royal family more important than the 'in-laws'.

Thank you, very interesting. It's not the first time I've heard them there but it always surprises me to hear bagpipes in Jordan even though it shouldn't.

The funeral list looked more extensive written down than it actually was during the prayers.

It is interesting that former Crown Prince Hassan seldom or never wears a headscarf.

Princess Haya on the death of her uncle:
It is with great sadness we mourn the passing of our beloved Uncle, HRH Prince Muhammed Bin Talal. HRH Prince Muhammed was an integral part of an exemplary generation of siblings who helped build and serve Jordan, His Majesty the Late King Hussein, HRH Prince El Hassan and their dearest sister HRH Princess Basma.

Our sincere and heartfelt condolences go to Their Royal Highnesses Princess Taghrid, Prince El Hassan, Princess Basma, Prince Talal, Prince Ghazi, and Uncle Muhammed's little Princess, our darling Samiha Al Fayez, as well to His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan, and our family the Jordanian people.

A special word of thanks and sympathy to all those, in his household who looked after Uncle Muhammed throughout the years, who made him smile, warmed his heart, and never tired - none more than Aunty Taghrid, Samiha, and Hussein Pasha Al Majali.
https://www.instagram.com/p/COU8K9qH9h3/

Prince Mohammad`s former wife Princess Firyal:

With a heavy heart I mourn the passing of HRH Prince Mohamned Bin Talal. We began our life journey at a young age and were blessed with having two awesome sons who were his pride and joy as were our grandchildren later. We shared a loving active life of learning, Rich experiences, complexities, trials and tribulations of the times. But good memorable times nevertheless. It is a huge loss for our family, particularly our sons . specail condolences to Princess Taghrid who lovingly endured a lot and was his rock. Sad time for all and a huge void in our hearts. May his pure soul Rest In Peace.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COTA4_IFi0_/

Last edited:
Very classy statement from Princess Firyal.

Queen Noor:’s tweet:

‎Broken hearted yesterday by the loss of our dearest brother,HRH Prince Muhammad الله يرحمه He is finally at peace, AlhamduliLah, but our family will miss his steadfast loving compassion, kindness&support. May he rest in peace w/ his beloved bro my late husband HM King Hussein.

Princess Basma visited the tomb of her late brother:

https://www.instagram.com/p/COVPNufMTQe/?igshid=11nmrjcagdiqs

‏Today I read the Fatiha at the grave of my late beloved elder brother, HRH Prince Mohammad. I will miss him being part of my entire life, may he rest in peace
‏My daughter Farah and my son Saad were by my side

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom