The Duke and Duchess of Castro and Family 2: June 2008- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
The Castro girls Tik Tok!

"Diving into the TikTok World to distract each other from this dark moment ��"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-elxZ-KRRk/

Happy 49th Birthday to the Duchess of Castro! With a birthday lunch with the Eiffel Tower as view!

"The birthday cake is a “PINZA TRIESTINA”, the traditional Easter cake from Trieste (Italy) in honor of my mother (who was born there) that unfortunately could not celebrate my birthday with us this year as she is confined in Rome"

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=605291c53948710e094ed49ae8ca765e&oe=5EB15784
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=0c58537b2672bfb1aaa89431f9a0423a&oe=5EB13D2D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Lord, people are dying in Italy, Spain and France and all she does is pose with French Fries on a fancy Paris' balcony.

:ohmy:

:previous: I meam, what can you expect? :ninja:

Do the Castros live in Paris? I thought they were based in Monte Carlo. They shouldn't be holidaying at this time.

Do the Castros live in Paris? I thought they were based in Monte Carlo. They shouldn't be holidaying at this time.

They have a home in Paris, on the French Riviera, in Monte Carlo, and, IIRC, in somewhere in Italy.

Good Lord, people are dying in Italy, Spain and France and all she does is pose with French Fries on a fancy Paris' balcony.

:ohmy:

Exactly! This is who she is, incapable of anything different. Wearing denim was her idea of toning it down.

TBH I can't see what use it is to anybody if the Duchess would not celebrate her birthday with a cake and fries.

Lot's of people will find small ways to mark things that are important in their lives, such as birthdays. Whatever helps people to cope with their isolation is fine by me. The same can be said about personal care, it may not be good for some people to stay in their pyama's the entire day.

Last edited:
As the Duchess of Castro maybe she could be volunteering in a Red Cross depôt instead of posting glammy pictures with a view on La Tour Eiffel.

TBH I can't see what use it is to anybody if the Duchess would not celebrate her birthday with a cake and fries.

Lot's of people will find small ways to mark things that are important in their lives, such as birthdays. Whatever helps people to cope with their isolation is fine by me. The same can be said about personal care, it may not be good for some people to stay in their pyama's the entire day.

Seriously? The Duchess of Castro isn't exactly known for doing things "in a small way". I think her personality is quite well known.

"The same can be said about personal care, it may not be good for some people to stay in their pyama's the entire day"

Wow, low blow Marengo! In defense of the Duchess of excess you ridicule the suffering? People who may be so ill from barfing over the bowl that all they can do is crawl to their beds, those recovering from COVID-19, or depressed because their husband just died at the age of 42, need I go on. Piece of work!! Some of us haven't quite grasped the concept of human suffering, the human qualities of compassion ... oh, nevermind, why waste my time.

Seriously? The Duchess of Castro isn't exactly known for doing things "in a small way". I think her personality is quite well known.

"The same can be said about personal care, it may not be good for some people to stay in their pyama's the entire day"

Wow, low blow Marengo! In defense of the Duchess of excess you ridicule the suffering? People who may be so ill from barfing over the bowl that all they can do is crawl to their beds, those recovering from COVID-19, or depressed because their husband just died at the age of 42, need I go on. Piece of work!! Some of us haven't quite grasped the concept of human suffering, the human qualities of compassion ... oh, nevermind, why waste my time.
I agree. It shows her lack of empathy towards others. If she really wanted to celebrate her birthday that way, okay do it, but don't post it on social media. That was heartless for times like this. She needs to be more compassionate.

Some people have the effect of a red cloth on a bull. The Duchess of Castro has that effect on me. Not her problem anyway, but for me the lady oozes plastic superficiality in every aspect of the unbearable emptiness of being the Duchess of Castro. And that while Italy, their ancestral land, is so unbelievably hit by the virus.

Last edited:
[...] Whatever helps people to cope with their isolation is fine by me. The same can be said about personal care, it may not be good for some people to stay in their pyama's the entire day.

[...]

I don't see ridicule in the comment by Marengo; it only expresses the opinion that some individuals may cope better with social isolation if they are able to maintain their normal habits such as dressing up.

:previous: I'm quite baffled at the reverse logic that anyone's normal habits would be
"about personal care and staying in their jammies all day. However, I am appreciative of the open dialogue.

Last edited:
The dislike of the Duchess of Castro fits in a pattern of deep dislike of instagramming influencers and celebrities having lost all touch with daily reality. As a Dutch newspaper put it: "weeping in millionaire villas".

Madonna, bedecked in jewels, in a marble bath with leafs of roses: "We all do this together".

Sam Smith in his 14 million Pound worth London villa "near mental breakdown" (because of distancing).

Gordon Ramsay in a sea-side villa in Cornwall: "It is a nightmare".

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, pardon, Harry and Meghan: "Do not spread the virus, do not travel" and in the meantime travelling to Canada, to find themselves in Los Angeles.

The Duchess of Castro, with her perfectly manicured nails and well-grimed face "style Barbie" enjoying her panoramic view on La Tour Eiffel, it is the same totally having lost touch, while pendling between Monte Carlo, Gstaad and Paris.

Last edited:
I understand your reasoning of course and I agree that all these celebrities comments seem rather out-of-touch. But the outrage and virtue signaling still seems curious to me. An exponent of a bizarre celebrity-obsessed culture.

Apparently the problem is not that they have obscene wealth but that they are showing it. Would it be better if they were hiding there wealth? If so, why? How does it change reality? What difference does it make to the lives of those who are suffering?

Secondly, did any of us actually think that somebody like the Duchess of Castro was in touch with normal life? Or any of the other cocooned celebrities for that matter? Why would they be required to be now and not last year? There was no misery last year?

If people want to do something about extreme uneven wealth distribution and about obscenely wealthy people parasiting on society there are more constructive ways to go about it than voicing shock over -in this case- people eating fries or a cake in their own home.

In Gordon Ramsay's case I do not see why anybody would care about him whining about his 'nightmare'. I agree it is ridiculous but what does it matter? His firing 500 members of his staff during this crisis is far more tangible. Why not be outraged about that instead.

Tatiana Maria said:
I don't see ridicule in the comment by Marengo; it only expresses the opinion that some individuals may cope better with social isolation if they are able to maintain their normal habits such as dressing up.

Thanks for kindly pointing that out TM, that is indeed what I tried to say. This crisis is difficult for most people. To keep some sense of normality is vital for many people's mental health. I see absolutely no harm in people marking their birthday, eating well or even dressing up if that is what they want to do.

Last edited:
They can instagram, of course. But with Italy in need, maybe the priorities should be somewhere else? Their former Kingdom of the Two Sicilies was the largest territorial entity before the unification, covering almost half of Italy. In a never seen seismic human and economic shock. It is their heartland. Camilla should be seen helping out in a crisis centre, packing goods for hospitals, volunteering in servicing for the elderly locked into their houses. So many opportunities to show the former royal family cares, has empathy and humanity. But no. Barbie at a Paris' rooftop...
:ermm:

Last edited:
As said our clever Lady Prime Minister : There will be a before and a after COVID 19 ..

Apparently the problem is not that they have obscene wealth but that they are showing it. Would it be better if they were hiding there wealth?

In my humble opinion, it is never about being rich - we have capitalism: some folks are richer in the end...

but it is about, what all light bringers teached: giving back, philantrophy. All teached it! Jesus, by Mohammed it is called "Zakat" I think. Personally I like Confuzius most: Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or give him a fishing rod and show him how to use it and feed him a lifetime.

This Confuzius version of Charity keeps one grounded onto the problems of "thy neighbor" and how to probably solve them.

Are the Castros in question doing this from time to time? Well, at least not visible for royal watchers here in the forums, me thinks.

In my humble opinion, it is never about being rich - we have capitalism: some folks are richer in the end...

but it is about, what all light bringers teached: giving back, philantrophy. All teached it! Jesus, by Mohammed it is called "Zakat" I think. Personally I like Confuzius most: Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or give him a fishing rod and show him how to use it and feed him a lifetime.

This Confuzius version of Charity keeps one grounded onto the problems of "thy neighbor" and how to probably solve them.

Are the Castros in question doing this from time to time? Well, at least not visible for royal watchers here in the forums, me thinks.

To be honest, the Duke of Castro is active in the Constantinian Order. That Order does charity.
And I have seen the couple doing some charity in the framework of "Guardian Angels of Monaco" (distributing meals to homeless in the South of France).

I am not sure if there are rival branches in the Constantinian Order because his cousin Don Pedro de Borbón-Dos Sicilias y Orléans, Duque de Calabria, Conde de Caserta is the head of this Order. And Don Carlo di Borbone delle Due Sicilie e Chevron-Villette, Duca di Castro, does not exactly accept that his cousin Don Pedro holds that position...
:ermm:

https://monacolife.net/guardian-angels-of-monaco-in-nice-to-help-the-poor/

Last edited:
Message from the Duke of Castro:

Duchess of Castro:

"THANK YOU to all scientists, doctors, nurses, volunteers and everyone else dedicating their time and knowledge to cure patients suffering from Coronavirus."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-AiTDdh29h/

In reference to several posts back: the Duke of Castro on facebook appealed for donations to the Constantinian Order to help the frontline healthcare workers. Also the Duchess's instagram messages thanking everyone. Not exactly heroic Mother Teresa acts of selflessness, but it's
recognition of something more important than themselves.

Perhaps on the other side of COVID-19 the Castros and their lifestyle of conspicuous consumption might see the light of day.

In reference to several posts back: the Duke of Castro on facebook appealed for donations to the Constantinian Order to help the frontline healthcare workers. Also the Duchess's instagram messages thanking everyone. Not exactly heroic Mother Teresa acts of selflessness, but it's
recognition of something more important than themselves.

Perhaps on the other side of COVID-19 the Castros and their lifestyle of conspicuous consumption might see the light of day.

Yes, the Duke of Castro's "own branch" of the Constantinian Order, called Onlus, has allocated € 50.000,-- so far for medical equipment.

Every € counts, of course. Good initiative. Hopefully the Duke and Duchess will realize there is more than Monte-Carlo glamour and tweak their public profile a little bit into something more serious.

Sorry

Thanks, Lady Daly and Duc et Pair - I did not know this and stand corrected.

As an lame excuse: I visit this thread here in the forums not that often...

Thanks, Lady Daly and Duc et Pair - I did not know this and stand corrected.

As an lame excuse: I visit this thread here in the forums not that often...

Victor1319, you were just fine. The Castros probably aren't ready for Sainthood any time soon but it is nice to see their philanthropic side.

"Carolina & Chiara" gave lessons in quarantine!

"Carolina & Chiara" gave lessons in quarantine!

They are cute and the vid is quite professional.

And I don't want to nitpick here, but plates always from the right side... 1:03...

If Caroline would be my teacher I would run away! :)

Poor Chiara!

I couldn't Watch it till the end. The high pitched tone is unbearable and difficult to understand. Only my opinion of course !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom