Savoy and Savoy-Aosta: Restoration, Succession, Heirs and Conflicts 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the moment Monarchy is not popular in Italy and few Italians know something about Crown Prince Aimone of Savoy.

Sent from my GT-S6312 using The Royals Community mobile app

You are waiting for the republic to give you back your monarchy???

Yeah, ok :lol:
I've never said that. And btw no, I'm not waiting for that and I don't expect it will happen. Besides, currently there is no legal way for the parliament of the Italian Republic to change the form of government from republican to monarchical.
At the same time I just point out that there isn't enough popular support for the restoration of the monarchy in Italy - provided that there is any support at all. I really don't think that we'll have any popular uprising calling for the monarchy back.

In this moment very few Italians are in favour of Monarchy.

Restoration of Monarchy in Italy

Topic to discuss a possible restoration of the monarchy in Italy.

Personally my vote would be for it! I think that things here woulg go much better...

The royalists of UMI have more and more youth involved in their activities.

If, hypothetically speaking, the monarchy was to be restored, who would get the throne? I read on Wiki that there's a dispute for the throne? I would think that before the Italian people would accept the return of monarchy a clear pretender would need to be named. Anyone know how popular the support is in Italy for the return of the monarchy?

Last edited:
HRH Prince Amedeo of Savoy,Duke of Savoy, is supported by the royalists of UMI!

Last edited:
It is a small party called Alleanza Monarchica.

The royalists of UMI asked the cancelation of the 139 article of the Constitution (that forbids to discuss the form of government) last Saturday meeting in the Saint Apostles Square in Rome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KlGouxDm4o

http://www.monarchia.it/attivitasvolte_20141108_santiapostoli.html

Monarchici in piazza - YouReporter.it

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=710215772397387&pnref=story

Emanuele-Filiberto di Savoia is against the ideas of the italian royalists of UMI:

E il principe sbotta: «Corteo ridicolo» - Politica - iltempo

Last edited by a moderator:
The same should happen in Portugal.

There are many monarchists in Italy?

The royalists of UMI asked the cancelation of the 139 article of the Constitution (that forbids to discuss the form of government)
Actually art. 139 doesn't forbid the discussion on the form of government, but it states that the form of government can't be changed by amending the Constitution (of the Italian Republic). Basically it says that the Parliament cannot amend the republican Constitution, turning the Republic into any other form of government (included monarchy, but also i.e. a dictature).
Is the UMI perhaps hoping that the Parliament of the Italian Republic will one day pass a law which amends the Constitution of the Italian Republic turning it into a Constitution of the Italian Monarchy? That would be quite silly.

I think UMI wants the Parliament to change the Constitution so the form of governemnt can be discussed and changed.

It was the same in Brazil until 1988, it was impossible to change the form of government. So the Head of the Imperial House wrote to the Congress complaining about how unfair such a thing was. Since then, it's possible to change the Brazilian form of government, we evem had a referendum on the issue.

The point is that the form of government theorically can already be discussed and even changed, but not changed by amending the current constitution. If the Italian people wanted to change form of government to the monarchy, a new Constitution should be written and approved, and not just the current constitution amended.
Art 139 doesn't say that the form of government can't be changed; it says that the republican form of government can't be changed by a constitutional amendment.
It is pretty much a useless provision, that's true, because no republican parliament would ever dream to amend the Constitution in order to change the form of government. But at the same time it's uncorrect to say that that article forbids discussing and ultimately change the form of government.

"Art. 139:The form of Republic shall not be a matter for constitutional amendment."
The article itself can be canceled but the real challenge would be a new Constitution.

It is rather interested the Royal Gurads of Pantheon were not present at the funeral of Sergio Boschiero, the historic leader of the Italian royalists. Which would be the reason for such an absence?

Maybe because Boschiero was a supporter of Prince Amedeo's claims to the Headship of the House of Savoy, unlike many among the Royal Guards?

If there was any man who worked, and worked, and worked for the monarchist cause, then it was Signor Boschiero. When the so-called "royal guards" prefer to bring homage to lalala-dancing with the stars than to someone who has continued to guard the monarchist flame, than this tells a LOT about their pettiness.

In Torino Vittorio -Emanuele di Savoia attended the Pope's visit. It is rather strange that a Statement was published after the visit speaking about Vittorio -Emanuele di Savoia 's grandaughters as those who would assure a " dynastic continuity ". What is this all about?

This is intrigue. The Emanuele-Filiberto and his daughters (mostly his daughters) will ensure the continuity of dynasty. But who make this statement?

We could better understand what is it all about if we could read the statement...where has it been published and by whom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom