The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 03-12-2018, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Well, what did not happen in Germany, Russia, Austria, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, etc. was done in Italy: asking the people about the monarchy. With a convincing majority was chosen for a republic. For the rest you only need to stick out your antenna to judge the mood in Italy.

Many, many new political parties have been established with an enormous variety of core interests: from Alleanza Nationale to 5 Stelle, from Forza Italia to Lega Nord, from the Greens to the Communists, etc. The fact that no monarchist party had any substantial appeal on the electorate is the answer on your question.
In Italy the referendum of 2946 is very controversial and probably the Monarchy won.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

HRH Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy (accompanied by Prof. Aldo Mola from the Consulta dei Senatori del Regno) visited the tombs of her grandparents at Vicoforte and supported the idea their remains should be there:

Vicoforte, visite illustri alle tombe dei Savoia: ieri la principessa Maria Gabriella, oggi una delegazione del Montenegro (FOTO e VIDEO)Â*-Â*Targatocn.it

Representatives of Montenegro (and of the Orthodox Metropolitan of Montenegro) visited also the Sanctuary of Vicoforte and met Prof. Aldo Mola, President of the Consulta dei Senatori del Regno.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy

Well here is some good news, I found an organization that actually has 80,000 members as of 2017. They support the House of Savoy-Aosta with Prince Amedeo of Aosta as the King of Italy. It is known as the Italian Monarchist Union in case you guys are wondering. I know 80,000 isn't a whole lot but compared to 60 million this is some good news none the less. Also the party has a youth wing for whatever that's worth and a few members of the Italian Monarchist Union have founded the Forza Italia with Antonio Tajani being one such person, who is currently President of the European Parliament. So maybe things aren't so bleak for Italian Monarchism after all

-Frozen Royalist

INFO:
Home
Old 07-16-2018, 12:12 AM
Aristocracy

Well, how about this?

Does anybody here think that the Article 139 could ever be abolished/repealed? You'd think that maybe the Lega Nord and the Five Star Movement might get rid of it considering the rebellious populism and all.

I think that Italian monarchists should just concentrate on getting rid of that article first before moving on to any other projects. So what do you guys think, could the article get removed in the foreseeable future? Or at any point in the future in that matter?

-Frozen Royalist
Old 07-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Given the current political scenarion in Italy, I don't think that there aren't much chances that art. 139 will be repealed. I'd actually be very much surprised if it was even taken in consideration by any group in Parliament.
There aren't monarchist groups in Parliament and I can't see any reason that could encourage the other political forces to edit or repeal this article.

Besides that, I can't understand why many focus their attention to this article, as if it forbade any change in the form of government.
It doesn't say at all that Italy cannot in any way change its form of government and return to be a monarchy; it simply says that such a change cannot be done by amending the current (Republican) Constitution.
The ratio behind art. 139 is that since the Italian people had chosen, with the 1946 referendum, that Italy shall have a republican form of government and since, on the same occasion, Italian people had elected a constituent assembly which had the task to write a new constitution for Italy (accordingly to the results of the referendum), then a future change of the form of government should not be implemented by an amendent of the constitution voted by the parliament of the Italian Republic (itself elected accordingly to that constitution).
Instead a change of the form of government should be decided using the same instrument that brought to the change in 1946, i.e. an institutional referendum. If the results of such a referendum where in favour of a monarchy, then a new constitution should be written and approved.
In other words, art. 139 prevents the Parliament of the Italian Republic to vote a change of the form of government, requiring instead that this change should be voted and approved directly by the Italian people through a referendum.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

Apparently, there was a poll once done recently with 15% of the Italian population being in favor of a restoration in the nation, a lot better then my theory in the single digits if you ask me. The party in question is the Italian Monarchial Union led by Alessandro Sacchi and they support the Duke of Aosta to be the next king. Like I said earlier on this thread the party has a membership of 80,000 as of last year and in my opinion, they're at least doing better than the other organizations.

Well, you've got to admit that this is at least realistic and the party has said that they are trying to become more mainstream with a youth organization. I know Italy hasn't had a king since 1946 and all but compared to the other nations Italy has a higher percentage than Greece and Brazil.

I'm an optimistic person and as I said before, you never know what's going to happen in the future so it could happen, although it may be more likely for me to win the lottery, still, it could happen, anything can happen.

-Frozen Royalist

Anywho the link to the website is down here, it is in Italian.

https://italiapost.it/alessandro-sac...mi-intervista/

The party's website:

Home
Old 09-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Majesty

They are reasonably good numbers.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Actually in the article there was no mention of any poll, just Sacchi said that there are more than 15% of Italians who are monarchists. Though there is no mention about the source of this number.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Actually in the article there was no mention of any poll, just Sacchi said that there are more than 15% of Italians who are monarchists. Though there is no mention about the source of this number.
The source is probably Sacchi's thumb.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Aristocracy

Actually there was a poll recently.

Back in July, there was, in fact, a poll on the possibility of a restoration of an Italian monarchy and it was at 15% and this was done by the Piepoli Institute. Still, this is definitely better than 0% that's for sure and only about 8% believe in Emanuele Filiberto being a good king, yeah or oh no I guess. Now we just have to find a sane, popular and rational party (whatever that looks like in this world) that supports restoration, a decent pretender (I'm still behind the Savoy-Aosta because, in my opinion, they look relatively decent) that is also serious about the role/job as King/Queen (You never know) of Italy, a change of public attitude and a majority in favor, and we'll be in business.

I like to remain positive and think that maybe a restoration will take place somewhere in the future. I don't know, maybe further chaos or a series of disastrous leader after disastrous leader (and I mean really really disastrous, like causing the nation to be on the brink of collapse, a botched war or just about anything terrible) will finally see some workable results, that's what it takes these days for radical change apparently (I swear I'm not far-right, I'm actually center-left, permanently kick me out of the forum for that, maybe you won't have any headaches from me anymore). Still, at least 15% is something to work with, that's a few points behind Romania and basically 3 out of 20 people in favor, we just need to get that number from 3 to at least 11, which would be 55% or more in favor. Any ideas, anybody?

-Frozen Royalist

P.S. Sorry for the silence, I still feel like I was an idiot on this entire website, I just feel like I made a fool of myself and put my foot in my mouth too many times, so to say. I plan on just sticking with reporting unreported/unknown restoration polls from here on out and maybe giving my two cents. Maybe I could make some popular pro-monarchist games for Italy, I am studying to become a video game designer and programmer after all so that could make a difference, maybe. Anywho, link to the article is down below

https://www.liberoquotidiano.it/news...o-piepoli.html
Old 10-19-2018, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

So, Emanuele Filiberto blames the past presidents of the Italian Republic because, in his opinion, they have meddled too much with politics instead of being impartial and super partes; for the same reason, he praises monarchies because the monarch remains impartial and super partes as an Head of State should be.
At the same time, he would be in favour of creating a monarchist party and run at general elections.
Isn't it a bit contradictory? The would-be-King would in this way simply meddle with politics.
This is the reason why his late grandfather King Umberto II always opposed to the idea of creating a monarchist party.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
So, Emanuele Filiberto blames the past presidents of the Italian Republic because, in his opinion, they have meddled too much with politics instead of being impartial and super partes; for the same reason, he praises monarchies because the monarch remains impartial and super partes as an Head of State should be.
At the same time, he would be in favour of creating a monarchist party and run at general elections.
Isn't it a bit contradictory? The would-be-King would in this way simply meddle with politics.
This is the reason why his late grandfather King Umberto II always opposed to the idea of creating a monarchist party.
, your guess is as good as mine. At this point, all we can do is just sigh, wait for a pretender that actually has a clue and a strategy, and for public attitude towards Italy being a constitutional monarchy to become more positive.

-Frozen Royalist

P.S. I'm not giving up yet
Old 10-20-2018, 05:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Royalist View Post
I like to remain positive and think that maybe a restoration will take place somewhere in the future. I don't know, maybe further chaos or a series of disastrous leader after disastrous leader (and I mean really really disastrous, like causing the nation to be on the brink of collapse, a botched war or just about anything terrible) will finally see some workable results, that's what it takes these days for radical change apparently
My opinion: if it would take events of this kind to turn a country into a monarchy, i prefer the country to stay a republic.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
My opinion: if it would take events of this kind to turn a country into a monarchy, i prefer the country to stay a republic.
Greece has shown that even a collapse of unseen magnitude, a complete meltdown of the state and its institutions, have not led to any voice calling for a monarchy.

And Italy, a big country, the third economy of the Eurozone, is even more unlikely than Greece, in my assessment. The best the Savoias can hope for is an arrangement à la Romania, in which the head of the historical royal dynasty has a formal recognition and a representative or ceremonial role inside the existing constitutional framework.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:47 PM
Aristocracy

Just a Repeat from October

This is just an article from Royal Central just talking about the information I posted earlier with the 15% approval poll. You guys know the rest. If only they could get something similar to Romania then we'd have something more to work with, they more or less have the same approval rating anyway. From the comments I've read, there are only a couple as of now, they've generally been positive but then again these aren't likely Italian monarchists but just random monarchists in general.

Still, mark my words, something good will happen with constitutional monarchism in the future, I can feel it. That or maybe it's just me getting over excited about my future career in video games, I don't know.
But still, let's not give up!

-Frozen Royalist

Prince Emanuele of Savoy calls for the restoration of Italy’s monarchy – Royal Central
Old 11-25-2019, 08:57 PM
Aristocracy

The Italian Monarchist Union, a pro-royalist party in Italy with 80,000+ members that also supports Prince Amedeo of Aosta as the King of Italy, actually currently has a seat in the Chamber of Deputies. Although the UMI member was elected as a member as part of the Lega Nord but still.

Considering that the Lega Nord is a populist and slightly far-right movement in Italy, this doesn't exactly spell good news for the pro-Amedeo monarchists does it?

-Frozen Royalist
Old 01-15-2020, 03:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Vittorio Emanuele "abolished" the salic law of the Royal House of Italy and decided that from now on its succession will be determined by the absolute primogenture within his descendants.

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn.n...77&oe=5EDA6BA5
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...92&oe=5EDBEB3A
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...5b&oe=5EAB0284
Old 01-15-2020, 07:41 AM
Majesty

That means that Duc Amadeo's Son and Grandson will not be Heirs anymore.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:18 AM
Royal Highness

More about the Prince of Naples' decision to try and include his granddaughters, Vittoria and Luisa, in the line of succession:

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....ns-prince.html

The Duke of Aosta and his supporters will condemn this action very swiftly, one imagines.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:54 AM
Gentry

The Duke of Aosta and his supporters can suck it up for all I care.

Anyway, I still think it changes nothing to the very low chances of restoration. Most Italians consider the House of Savoy as a bunch of delusional, washed-up has-beens in need of reality checks that their past "glory" is no more. Not helping matters is that King Victor Emmanuel III let Benito Mussolini run Italy as a totalitarian state. Is it any wonder that Italians are still angry at them?

In the unlikely event that Italy becomes a monarchy again, it should establish a whole new dynasty (my money's on the Agnelli family) rather than bring back the House of Savoy.

Tags
amedeo, duke amedeo, duke of aosta, prince vittorio emanuele, savoy, savoy-aosta