Royal House of Savoy News and Events 2 : March 2007 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
SavoyArms.jpg

Royal House of Savoy

current events part 2, commencing March 2007

Part 1, covering 2002 - March 2007 can be found here

We are beginning this post with these news:

[FONT=verdana, arial] Vittorio Emanuele has just been released from all charges from the criminal procedure against him in front of the Court of Como (for crimes connected with a gambling house). [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]Now waiting to see wat happens in front of the court of Potenza.
There has been very few coverage about this releasing in Italy while all the medias were covering about "the king of Italy sent to jail".
[/FONT]

Danielane said:
We are beginning this post with these news:

[FONT=verdana, arial]Vittorio Emanuele has just been released from all charges from the criminal procedure against him in front of the Court of Como (for crimes connected with a gambling house). [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]Now waiting to see wat happens in front of the court of Potenza.
There has been very few coverage about this releasing in Italy while all the medias were covering about "the king of Italy sent to jail".
[/FONT]

Trust me, everything will come to nothing in Potenza, since the Prime Minister's spokesman was caught by a photographer whilst appraoching a transexual on a summer night last year.
One mag, belonging to RCS group, whose board is close to the current government payed a huge sum of money to make those pics disappear. But they surfaced again, and later a newspaper owned by the Berlusconi family mentioned the politician's name, but was prohibited to publish any photos, hence the scandal.

The average Italians do not care a bit if Vittorio Emanuele is proved guilty or not. The spokesman thing sounds more ingtriguing to them.;) :)

Well, it sounds terribly interesting indeed, and rather embarrasing for the poor man! But how does this relate to VE's case?

Marengo said:
Well, it sounds terribly interesting indeed, and rather embarrasing for the poor man! But how does this relate to VE's case?

Well, the prosecutor tapping VE's phone also overheard a "paparazzo" tell his boss that he had a scoop, and they will have grown rich either by selling those photos to a mag (CHI and Novella, though refused to buy them, as there was a top politician involved) or by blackmailing this man. Needles to say that Fabrizio Corona the owner ( whose wife is Croatian model Nina Moric) of the photo agency has been arrested, and the photographer, along with other colleaugues of his, is been inquired into having actors, actresses, showgilrs, sportmen and even some politicians pay huge sums of money to stop their "compromising " pictures appearing in the press. An associate of Corona is also being accused of having forced some showgirls and starlets into prostitution.

The spokesman's pictures were published a few days ago. Actually there's nothing outrageous in them, as all you can see is the man letting his car windoew down and talk to the transexual. He might as well have asked for directions, after all his not from Rome....;)

[FONT=verdana, arial]
[FONT=verdana, arial]Vittorio Emanuele has just been released from all charges from the criminal procedure against him in front of the Court of Como (for crimes connected with a gambling house). [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]Now waiting to see wat happens in front of the court of Potenza.
[/FONT]
poorman,from the beginning of this issue,I had the feeling that VE isn't guilty.I just couldn't imagine why a richman would make this adventure that will destroy his family reputation.
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Talent agent Lele Mora, who's been arested for sending aspring showgirls into prostitution, traffic in drugs and sexual harassment, was also VE's pr.
This explains the reason the Prince of Piedmont was investigated and then arrested.
I've always though VE isn't that smart to be a "gangster".

Succession to the Italian Throne

What do you think about the debate concerning the succession of the Savoy Royal House?

Well, should discussion concerns a country with reigning monarch it could be a very embarrasing but because Italy is not a monarchy it's seems to be only a rivalry between different membrs of the same family- eventually it's only a bit embarrasing....
And it give people something to talk about ....

latin said:
What do you think about the debate concerning the succession of the Savoy Royal House?

A waist of time and money, but that's their own business, as the average Italians do not care a bit about them.;)

After this summer the website Casa Reale d'Italia was finally updated and also there are new sections (or I didn't saw it before....). The home page presents letter commemorating the 103 anniversary of birth of king Umberto II.
In section called "Press information" there's part dedicated to oficial dementi. IMO it was more than necessary due to the fact that often italian press "misunderstands" the real meaning of interview released by prince Emanuele or Vittorio. The most clamorous was interview for "Donna e Diva" in which prince Emanuele described himself as "republican" .

A couple of pics of Elisabeth de Balkany, daughter of Princess Maria Gabriella can be viewed @

Olycom

Members of Savoy dynasty attend opening of Turin’s own Versailles
16 OCTOBER 2007

Italy's equivalent of the Palace of Versailles has been opened to the public after an eight-year-long, £140-million restoration project. The Royal Palace of Venaria in Turin, which - article & pictures

Picture from reuters via yahoo news
Prince Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia poses for photographers (a great view of the palace)

Wonderful pictures of inside/outside the palace & of the family - isifa gallery
The palace looks magnificent, id love to see it one day. I also loved the room with all the large paintings, especially the wall of that room, stone, lovely.

Last edited:
There was a short coverage about the Venaria reopening on the state-run tv the other day. They interviewed both Aimone, the Duke of Apulia and Emanuele Filiberto, of course separately, because the Savoia and the Aosta don't talk to each other. However Emanuele Filiberto said he still has great respect for Prince Amedeo he calls "my uncle".

There was a short coverage about the Venaria reopening on the state-run tv the other day. They interviewed both Aimone, the Duke of Apulia and Emanuele Filiberto, of course separately, because the Savoia and the Aosta don't talk to each other. However Emanuele Filiberto said he still has great respect for Prince Amedeo he calls "my uncle".

I think thats really nice that even if there is some tension in the family there is some respect. any idea why his wife wasnt present?

I think thats really nice that even if there is some tension in the family there is some respect. any idea why his wife wasnt present?

I saw Prince Vittorio Emanuele and his wife Princess Marina, but didn't see Princess Clotilde at all.

Italian Government

If the Italian Government decided that they wanted to put the Italian Monarchy back into power, who would you want to see as the King? the pretender to the thrown Crown Prince Vittorio Emanuele of Naples or his cousin Prince Amedeo of Savoy 5th Duke of Aosta? After all of the bad publicity that Prince Vittorio of Naples has received from the "accidental" killing of Dirk Hamer to allegations of Anti-Semitism. or his cousin the Prince Amedeo who fathered a child out of wedlock? :flowers:

If the Italian Government decided that they wanted to put the Italian Monarchy back into power, who would you want to see as the King? the pretender to the thrown Crown Prince Vittorio Emanuele of Naples or his cousin Prince Amedeo of Savoy 5th Duke of Aosta? After all of the bad publicity that Prince Vittorio of Naples has received from the "accidental" killing of Dirk Hamer to allegations of Anti-Semitism. or his cousin the Prince Amedeo who fathered a child out of wedlock? :flowers:

The average Italian do not care a bit of the Savoia family.

The average Italian do not care a bit about the Savoia family. We're more serious problems to face: unemployment first, then safety and illegal immigration.

Prince Vittorio Emanuele, Princess Marina and Prince Emanuele Filiberto posing in the Venaria Reale Palace (DIVAeDONNA)

Pic 1 Pic 2

Neither of them, they are one worse than the other.
Thanks God, they don't have any chance to see the restore of Monarchy in Italy and, as Tosca wrote, the Italians couldn't care less about them and don't know and don't want to know much about them.

Crimea20070929tris

Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy has recenty participated in presention of book dedicated to italians who emigrated to Crimea during the IIWW.
At the end of text there are few photos with princess.

Neither of them, they are one worse than the other.
Thanks God, they don't have any chance to see the restore of Monarchy in Italy and, as Tosca wrote, the Italians couldn't care less about them and don't know and don't want to know much about them.

Very well said, giov! Claiming for damages for being sent into exile, after they handed the Italian people to a dictator, who plunged us into a tremendous war, the consequences of which the world is still taking, is just ridiculous and disgusting.:sick: It must have been hard for them to live in Switzerland for 60 years, poor kids! In case it's the Swiss who should be claiming for damages for having hosted them!:lol:

Very well said, giov! Claiming for damages for being sent into exile, after they handed the Italian people to a dictator, who plunged us into a tremendous war, the consequences of which the world is still taking, is just ridiculous and disgusting.:sick: It must have been hard for them to live in Switzerland for 60 years, poor kids! In case it's the Swiss who should be claiming for damages for having hosted them!:lol:

It's just my opinion,I dout things said about someone when they are all positives or all negatives.
My country was a monarchy when it became a republic,all things said about the royal family and the last king were all negative and now after 55 years of the republic,another opinion begin to think that the king wasn't that bad and some positive things have appeared about him.

Apart from that, though King Vittorio Emmanuele certainly wasn´t couragious and didn´t stand up to Mussolini, at that time he certainly didn´t know what Italy was getting itself into, almost nobody did at that time, not even Mussolini himself.

Apart from that the King didn´t exactly hand the country nover as Mussolini and followers took the power themselves. I doubt that they expect the whole sum though, they are probably hoping for a settlement like in the Greek case.

Apart from that the King didn´t exactly hand the country nover as Mussolini and followers took the power themselves. I doubt that they expect the whole sum though, they are probably hoping for a settlement like in the Greek case.
[/QUOTE]

excuse me,what is the settlement of the Greek case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom