Royal House of Savoy News and Events 2 : March 2007 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Also her husband, HRH Prince Michel of Bourbon-Parma, was with them; he is portrayed in the first picture.

Also her husband, HRH Prince Michel of Bourbon-Parma, was with them; he is portrayed in the first picture.

Thanks for the ID MAfan. :flowers: I was trying to figure out who he was, but the article didn't say.

Princess Vittoria and Luisa have indeed grown up a lot. It's good to see them again. I'm following Prince Emanuele Filiberto on Instagram, and earlier in 2014 he posted that his youngest daughter celebrated her First Holy Communion, I think on May 28.

I understand that Princess Clotilde is focusing more on her acting career, but I'm a little confused - does she live with her husband and daughters? Just curious.

Princess Maria Gabriella participated in an event in connection with the exhibition of the famous "Shroud of Turin" or "Holy Shroud" at the Cathedral of Turin today, April 21. The Shroud of Turin is on display at the cathedral from April 19 - June 24.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Princess Maria Gabriella participated in an event in connection with the exhibition of the famous "Shroud of Turin" or "Holy Shroud" at the Cathedral of Turin today, April 21. The Shroud of Turin is on display at the cathedral from April 19 - June 24.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
The event was the opening of an exhibition at the Royal Palace in Torino about the various expositions of the Shroud during the last centuries.
Her foundation "Umberto II e Maria José di Savoia" lent some items to the exhibition.
She attended the inauguration together with her daughter and her grandchildren, as well as her cousin Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este (née Princess of Savoy-Aosta).

More informations and pictures about the inauguration can be found here in this article, whose Author also attended it:
I Savoia e la Sindone

Robert Zellinger de Balkany, former husband of Princess Maria Gabriella, has died (likely on 18 or 19 September 2015).
He was born on 4 August 1931 at Iklod (Romania), son of Aladar Zellinger de Balkany and of Helene Davidovici.
He was married firstly in 1957 to Geneviève François-Poncet, the daughter of André François-Poncet (a French politician and Ambassador to Germany and Italy), by whom he had daughters Alexandra and Marina. They divorced in 1966.
In 1969 he married secondly to HRH Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy, with whom he had a daughter, Marie Elisabeth; they separated in 1976 and later divorced in 1990.

ROBERT DE BALKANY - Scheda Defunto - Necrologi Corriere della Sera

I did not know that Robert Zellinger was such a wealthy man. Impressive art collection! Too bad that the family has to sell it.

[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]Another action for Robert Zellinger de Balkany, former husband of Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]"Auction of Collection of Robert de Balkany from Two of his Houses
The auction comprises over 700 works of art from two of the celebrated businessman’s residences palazzo Lancellotti in Rome and château Balsan in Eze, on the French Riviera. The sale reflects Robert de Balkany’s discerning eye and vision as a collector and connoisseur. Highlights include the magnificent Duke of York silver-gilt centerpiece by Edward Farrell, depicting Hercules slaying the Hydra."

Auction Preview: Christie?s, Robert de Balkany Rome & the Côte d'Azur, March 22-23, London | BLOUIN ARTINFO

I once heard that the blue colour worn by italian national teams has a link with savoy royal family .Any confirmation or details about that ??

It is, but judging from the looks of all four, I think it's an old photo they've shared for the occasion.

I agree Clothilde is not blond now. She had dark hair at Johnny Halliday's Funerals
She plays actually the Role of the French Lawyer Gisèle Hamili .

Last edited:
Last week, at the reburial of his grandfather, both Prince Vittorio Emmanuele as well Marina Doria looked very frail (picture) and (picture). Clotilde was -as usual- nowhere to be seen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom