Royal House of Savoy News and Events 2 : March 2007 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Victor Emmanuele with wife Marina Doria, Prince Emmanuele Filiberto and Princess Clotilde
have been pictured at the airport of Nice, France today, July 4. They had spent the last couple
of days in Monaco to attend the wedding of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio gallery **

Did anybody of the house of Savoy attended the requiems for Otto of Habsburg (apart from ADss Margherita of Austria-Este, nee of Savoy-Aosta, who was in Pocing)?
Otto was a member of the Supreme Order of the Most Holy Annunciation and thus a "cousin" of the head of the house of Savoy.
Do you think somebody else will be named at his place? Maybe AD Karl?
Who will decide? VE or Amedeo?

Vittorio Emanuele attended the requiem in Vienna, yesterday afternoon.

As for conferring the Order to Karl, most likely Amedeo won't do that, because in 2006 he suspended the conferment of the Order and, as far as I know, things has not changed yet.

The problems with the Royal Orders of the House of Savoy is rather complicated.Prince Amedeo and Prince Aimone won't confer to anybody in this moment anything because of the situation.

New pics of Princess Maria Gabriella portrayed inside her home in Geneva from the latest issue of CHI mag.

Very nice home and great collection of art, furniture and books, thanks for posting Tosca! Now we know why she sold so much jewelery probably to upkeep her house and her large library and paintings.

Last edited by a moderator:
About her house, the Princess said she lives in the house since 1978; she had the house renovated by Italian architect Lorenzo Mongiardino, because she liked his style. She has also had a pavillon built in the garden, where she accomodates her foundation "Umberto II e Maria José di Savoia".

Living in such a luxury home and great collections , why did she sold the family jewels ?

She had to sell part of the jewels she inherited from Queen Maria José in order to pay inheritance taxes, about 1 million Euro, and with the remaining money she paid some repairs for her house.

Among the jewels she sold, the most important pieces were a pearl and diamonds tiara on occasion of her debutante ball in 1924; a silver, gold and diamonds tiara, once belonged to Empress Josephine of France, that Maria José had inherited from her brother Prince Charles in 1983; and a gold and turquoise parure, which the Queen had received as a wedding gift from her parents, and previously owned by Empress Charlotte of Mexico (Maria José's great aunt).

The only thing I do not understand about HRH Princess Maria-Gabriella of Savoy is her friendship with Zizi Lambrino's grandson Paul.

Maybe they just have some common interests that make them to be friends.

HRH Princess Maria-Gabriella participated at the baptism of Paul's son even if it is known Paul is publicly against the romanian Royal Family.

And what are the implications of this fact supposed to be?

I tend to agree with Lenora, probably they are just friends, and their friendship has nothing to do with Paul's clashes with the Romanian Royal Family.

I am sure Marie-Beatrice sold family jewels as for Maria-Pia I don’t know.

:previous:
Princess Maria Gabriella attended a meeting hosted by the Club des Leaders at the Hotel Beau Rivage in Geneva, on 21 June 2012; the topic of the meeting was "Gotha and Culture".

Among the guests were King Fuad II of Egypt, Prince Jérôme Napoléon, Prince Michael of Yugoslavia (a nephew of Princess Maria Gabriella), Princess Catherine Aga Khan (the widow of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan), Don Eugenio Litta Modigliani, Marquess of Menzago and Vinago, and his wife née Princess Natascha zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, Princess Noelle del Drago, Princess Margherita Imperialli di Francavilla, Marie Elisabeth Janssens (the daughter of Princess Maria Gabriella), Countess Georgina Brandolini d'Adda, Baroness Nadine de Rothschild.

Fiscalité: La famille de Savoie dément avoir acheté le chalet de Johnny - People - lematin.ch
I don't know if this story is worth of being put in this thread but let's try...
According to "Le Matin" Marina Doria, wife of prince Vittorio, has denied that they bought a chalet from famous french singer Johnny Hallyday. Johnny who moved few years ago to Switzerland in order to pay less taxes apparently has settled his problems with french fisc and wants to sell his chalet. Probably some journalist has invented this story with his house being bought by Savoia because theirs houses are close and they know each other.

So sad that Emanuele Filiberto and Clotilde will be at the Grand Ducal wedding in Luxembourg instead of Aimone and Olga :sad:

BTW I wonder if it was Vittorio Emanuele's decision to send his son and not to go personally or if it was the Grand Ducal family that asked it (in a diplomatic way, of course).

Last edited:
Well, I suppose that Emanuele Filiberto and Clotilde (or Vittorio Emanuele and Marina) have been invited because they are relatives of the Grand Ducal House, as Vittorio Emanuele and the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte were first cousins.
Instead, Aimone and Olga aren't related to the Grand Ducal Family, or at least they aren't as closely as VE and EF are.

The problem is that I couldn't find the official statement of the Luxembourg court where they said EF and C would have been there, I was only able to read the news in royalty blogs. And there, they are listed in the "Chiefs of (non-reigning) families" category..

The Italian and French press reports that Prince Victor Emmanuele currently is in hospital in Geneva, Switzerland. He had a bad fall at his home in Gstaad on November 11 and broke his right hip. The operation itself went fine but as to postoperative instabilities he had to be transferred to a nearby hospital and had to be put in an artificial coma for two days. By now he is on the road to recovery but as Prince Emanuele stated the convalescence may take a bit longer as to other general health problems Prince Victor Emmanuele has.

** lapresse.it: Ginevra, Vittorio Emanuele di Savoia ricoverato dopo caduta ** translation **

** pp: Emmanuel-Philibert de Savoie : Le prince très inquiet pour son père, hospitalisé ** translation **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom