Royal House of Savoy current events 1: 2002- March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before putting the cart before the horse, you should know that in Italy the "Bench" has a certain political affiliation, that's (far) left wing, and some of its members won't forgive the previous government (centre/right) on several issues, including the return of the Savoy family to Italy. So, at the moment, the accusations are still to be shown.

So then, he is guilty until proven innocent? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• afp_8336585_51080.jpg
    afp_8336585_51080.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Discussion of "the incident" at the Spanish Royal Wedding involving Prince Vittorio Emanuele and the Dule of Aosta can be found in this thread.

Mandy said:
So then, he is guilty until proven innocent? :rolleyes:

I've the impression it looks more and more like this, although it should be the whole contrary.

Tosca said:
Before putting the cart before the horse, you should know that in Italy the "Bench" has a certain political affiliation, that's (far) left wing, and some of its members won't forgive the previous government (centre/right) on several issues, including the return of the Savoy family to Italy. So, at the moment, the accusations are still to be shown.
Hey,we all know that he's not a saint...I'm not condemning him,but I don't think that the "bench" would make something like this without evidence...
We'll wait and see...

topastra said:
Hey,we all know that he's not a saint...I'm not condemning him,but I don't think that the "bench" would make something like this without evidence...
We'll wait and see...

I could mention at least two affairs in the very last years which made terrible impression in France, where people were accused or condemned before we realized there was no evidence at all.

You're right,I only replied to Tosca that said that the "bench" has a far left political affiliation and arrested Vittorio Emanuele because they cannot forgive the previous government for the return of the Savoia family.I live in Italy and there were cases of "bad justice" here too,but they were not tied to the political affiliation of the judges or the accused.
:)

Hello

The whole italian press is talking about what happened to prince Vittorio Emmanuele.
His son is upset and is going to visit him prison at otenza (Basilicata, South Italy) to visit him. If he's wont' be allowed to see his father the prince Emmanuele Filiberto will begin hunger-strike.

Yestarday I found also in several italian sites the description of previous problems with law regarding prince Vittorio.
So the 17 august 1978 he was enjoying the sailing at his yacht near to Corse.
Close by his yacht were also two another boats. SOmebody from second yacht took the pontoon (small boat ) of prince propriety which obviously made him furious. He took his army and went to get back his propriety. During quarrel with people from second boat he done shoot in order to intimidate the opponent, Unfortunetely the ball hit german student- Dirk Hamer from third boat. German guy died after months of agony in hospital.
At the end of process he prnce was assolved of accuse to murder the student, he had only verdict for having illegally the arm..

The press was talking also about his membership in mason lodge- his nr is supposed to be 1621

I also found another information regarding not royal behaviour of prince Vittorio Emmanuele.
So according to different italian sites he didn't want to criticise anti'semitic laws enacted by Mussolini under his grandfather, King Victor Emmanuel III, he simply called them "not that terrible".
And he was sharply criticised for this tendence to minimise the evil of the anti-Semitic laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warren said:
Discussion of "the incident" at the Spanish Royal Wedding involving Prince Vittorio Emanuele and the Dule of Aosta can be found in this thread.

:eek: That link has a previous incident with the law I was not aware of, the yatch tragedy where someone lost his life and Victor Manuel was aquited of murder charges!

Toledo said:
That link has a previous incident with the law I was not aware of, the yatch tragedy where someone lost his life and Victor Manuel was aquited of murder charges!
It was a big deal at the time. Point de Vue even went so far as to have a (very rare) editorial stating their concerns as to VE's suitability to be the Head of a Royal House.

Then maybe is time he, and his ego, step aside and let Filiberto and Clotilde take over the responsibility of the headship of the family clan. Victor Emanuel is not helping the healing process between the House of Savoy and the people of Italy that his family once ruled upon.
His ego is bigger that his job.

How many people would consider EF and Clotilde responsible enough for the "job", though? The fact that she's an actress who went down the aisle while six months pregnant is not in her favor. That he seems just as trashy, if not as violent, as his father doesn't work in his favor, either. All this nonsense surrounding this branch of the family only makes the Aostas, with Amedeo's two out-of-wedlock children, look more respectable by comparison. Splitting the monarchists isn't going to help the Savoias at all, but I can't see too many monarchists lining up to pledge their continued allegiance to VE or EF.

zarat said:
The whole italian press is talking about what happened to prince Vittorio Emmanuele.
Shameless! Royal or not, if you "kill" someone, you should do time for it. The German student's life was as valuable as any member of any royal house. < ed: Warren >. His son going on a hunger strike???? Do you really think so???

Last edited by a moderator:
If that was bad wait until you see what is out on the news wires today. I'm afraid his royal cousin from Bulgaria is going to be dragged into this mess. These are terrible news for both Royal Houses!

VITTORIO EMANUELE: FORMER BULGARIA PM SUSPECTED OF CORRUPTION
(AGI) - Potenza, Italy, June 17 - The Potenza investigation into the prostitution and video-poker ring has also involved the former prime minister of Bulgaria, who is one of Vittorio Emanuele's cousins. The former prime minister is being investigated for corruption. According to magistrates, Simeone of Bulgaria was involved in a related affair to do with selling buildings for 200 million euro. (AGI) -

What a mess, Danielane! How many people is Victor Manuel going to drag down with him!?! Even when they had nothing to do with the scandal, it will grow out of proportion and follow everyone forever. All the work Simeon has been doing in favor of a positive view of his family will now be ruined when his political opponents take these news back to Bulgaria and bring them up everywhere.

kelly9480 said:
How many people would consider EF and Clotilde responsible enough for the "job", though? The fact that she's an actress who went down the aisle while six months pregnant is not in her favor. That he seems just as trashy, if not as violent, as his father doesn't work in his favor, either. All this nonsense surrounding this branch of the family only makes the Aostas, with Amedeo's two out-of-wedlock children, look more respectable by comparison. Splitting the monarchists isn't going to help the Savoias at all, but I can't see too many monarchists lining up to pledge their continued allegiance to VE or EF.

Do you think Amedeo, with two out of wedlock children ,is more respectable than EF and clotide? At least their daughter was born in a wedlock.

Somehow I'm staring to see the House of Savoy's arch-rival House of Two-Sicilies (Borbone-Napoles) as the one having the last laugh in all this.

Toledo said:
Somehow I'm staring to see the House of Savoy's arch-rival House of Two-Sicilies (Borbone-Napoles) as the one having the last laugh in all this.
I don't think any royals would be laughing when the royal "mystique" is severely tarnished in this manner.

http://www.repubblica.it/2006/06/sezioni/cronaca/vittorio-emanuele-2/portavoce/portavoce.html
According to article from Repubbblica the prince didnt'sleep to much during his first night in jail at Potenza, he was even a bit ijured because of fall from high bed.
Until now he was visited by his lawyers which are thinking how to take him off the prison.
There are discrepancies about his health state- according to his son The prince Vittorio is a very sick man but his general check-up realised showed something different. Also his spirit is high- during conversation with representatives from party Forza Italia he even tried to joke.
However he was upset by the fact that his belt was taken and had to use plastic bags for his trousers
Until now his son wasn't seen at Potenza, he's supposed to be still at Paris (until tuesday family wont' be allowed to see him).
Another a bit funny and strange information (seeing circumstances), one of prince Vittorio Emmanuele 's sister- princessa Maria Gabriella described him as "credulone" it means credulous...
The same sister or second one said that he trusts "the last person which closes the door" (it means he's easy to be manipulated).

Roxsteve said:
Shameless! Royal or not, if you "kill" someone, you should do time for it. The German student's life was as valuable as any member of any royal house. < ed: Warren >. His son going on a hunger strike???? Do you really think so???
Going on a hunger strike?Who?EF?Kidding,and his timing for sense of drama only adds to the whole hazzle to all outside this infamous family.The Savoias are redeculed all over.VE was set free of charges in the case above,incredible law system or better the tampering with it.

topastra said:
We'll wait and see...

In Italy that's more than likely. This wouldn't be the first time. I'm not a fan of the Savoy family, and I'm well aware he's no saint at all. I agree with his sister Gabriella when she says he' s a sucker. I think that he's been used by the "mob" rather than believing he's the boss of a gang. He isn't smart enough...;)
Besides, don't forget we're going to vote at an important referendum next week, and this story could be used to distract the public opinion from more important issues regarding our country.

A combo picture of frame grabs from a video taken 07 May 2005 by Italian police, as part of the evidence for the 16 June 2006 arrest of Prince Victor Emmanuel, grandson of Italy's last king, on suspicion of links to criminals involved in corruption and prostitution allegedly shows the prince (L) meeting with Italian businessmen Ugo Bonazza and Rocco Migliardi in the gardens of the residence Villa D'Este in Cernobbio northern Italy and receiving from them a bag containing 10,000 euros before placing it in his pocket. Victor Emmanuel will appear before a judge in the southern city of Potenza in the next few days

from getty

Wow, he was caught in the act!
Has his sister, Princess Gabriela of Savoy, been interviewed on Italian TV about her reaction? Last time I heard of her was around two or three Point de Vue issues ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom