Prince Pedro, Duke of Calabria, and the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies: Nov. 2015-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is an exclusive to Royal Musings. HRH The Duke of Noto is engaged to Lady Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune, youngest child of the earl and countess of Lindsay https://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/2020/05/exclusive-royal-engagement-duke-of-noto.html

Charlotte will be the second of the five children in her family to marry (she is the youngest). Her oldest sister Lady Frances is married to Rostislav Gabinsky and has a son Alexander who will be 2 this year.

Jaime is the eldest of seven children. He will be the first in his family to marry. His siblings are all significantly younger then him, the closest in age being 10 years younger then him (range from 5-17 while Jaime is 27).

According to the company website for Jaime's company, he is manager of their real estate and construction department in Paris. As his fiancé works for citi bank in London I wonder who plans on a move (I assume once married they don't plan to live in different countries).

Once again we see another example while marrying royals/aristocrats has become almost extinct in the reigning houses, the non-reigning houses still marry at least among the aristocracy often enough. But they tend to socialize in those circles so its more likely.

Congratulations to Don Jaime and Lady Charlotte!

Charlotte will be the second of the five children in her family to marry (she is the youngest). Her oldest sister Lady Frances is married to Rostislav Gabinsky and has a son Alexander who will be 2 this year.

Jaime is the eldest of seven children. He will be the first in his family to marry. His siblings are all significantly younger then him, the closest in age being 10 years younger then him (range from 5-17 while Jaime is 27).

According to the company website for Jaime's company, he is manager of their real estate and construction department in Paris. As his fiancé works for citi bank in London I wonder who plans on a move (I assume once married they don't plan to live in different countries).

Once again we see another example while marrying royals/aristocrats has become almost extinct in the reigning houses, the non-reigning houses still marry at least among the aristocracy often enough. But they tend to socialize in those circles so its more likely.

Charlotte will be the third to marry.
Her second sister Lady Alexandra married Jack Coleman on October 22nd 2018 and has a son Nicholas, born on November 9th 2019. (Source: Nobiliana)

Jaime was the only one born prior to his parent's marriage about 8 years later... The second eldest sibling was born two years into their marriage.

I still wonder what exactly happened; did his father not get permission to marry and is that the reason they waited so long? And is this the 'rule' for the nobility in Spain that children that were born out of wedlock can get not only titles but als the 'royal highness' prefix when their parents marry at a later stage (or is this up to the head of the house as defunct Italian titles)?

Where can I find more news about this?

Given that's an 'exclusive', you probably have to wait and see which news outlets pick up this engagement news. I would expect Hola to find out and write about it.

They are a very impressive young couple, especially her. She has an M.A. in both Persian and Arabic from Oxford...wow!?

I hope we get a big splashy Continental Royal wedding for these two.

The news has been published in a Spanish newspaper by a historian close to the family. They are a very discreet family, which does not normally appear in the press. Jaime has only granted one interview in his life, so you don't expect much information about this wedding.

https://www.larazon.es/gente/20200515/w2avrjhfxjgpjlzklepo7vux3e.html
https://www.revistavanityfair.es/sociedad/articulos/jaime-de-borbon-dos-sicilias-celebutante/28961

I think it will be a Catholic wedding. If the wedding is in Spain, there will be presence of members of the Spanish Royal Family. His parents married in Madrid, and Jaime's four aunts on the family property of La Toledana or nearby villages.

La Toledana

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple ,I'd expect to see a large gathering of the Spanish and Orléans families at the wedding.

The future duchess of Noto will outrank her parents the Earl and Countess.

I'm also very curious to attend this wedding. I believe that it should take place in Spain and the Spanish Royal Family should be present.

Is the bride-to-be from a catholic family or a protestant one?

:previous: Marengo in the engagements thread it says her parents married in the Church of England.

But I would be very surprised if the wedding of their daughter is not celebrated according to the Catholic rites of her Royal Spanish groom.

I wonder if the Borbón Dos Sicilias family have any tiaras left in their depleted jewel collection,the duke's grandmother the late Infanta Alicia sold off a lot of her jewels over the years.

I wonder if the Borbón Dos Sicilias family have any tiaras left in their depleted jewel collection,the duke's grandmother the late Infanta Alicia sold off a lot of her jewels over the years.

Probably the bride has her own family diadem. But I think the Borbones delle Due Sicilie still have some cassettes left

I believe there is still the diamond button tiara that did not come from the Infanta Alicia. The buttons were worn on their weddings by three of the four aunts of the duke of Noto. They also used the gorgeous Balmain veil that was first worn by the now dowager duchess of Calabria, Pss Anne of France.

I don't think Pss Anne inherited any tiaras from her mother. The Coty was broken up (Pss Chantal was seen with pieces of it), the bandeau went to Prince Michel, the Action Française to her eldest daughter Isabelle and the comb to her eldest son. I am not even sure if we have ever seen Pss Anne in a tiara after her weding day.

Last edited:
I'm also very curious to attend this wedding. I believe that it should take place in Spain and the Spanish Royal Family should be present.

If they follow tradition, they should marry in Fife at the bride's home.

But I'd not be surprised if they wed in Spain instead.

I am sure there will be a royal gust list either way.

Congratulations to the couple! What an unexpected news! (at least to me)

If they follow tradition, they should marry in Fife at the bride's home.

But I'd not be surprised if they wed in Spain instead.

I am sure there will be a royal gust list either way.

Or in Italy. The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies was the biggest state before the unification of Italy.

unification-Italy-dates-annexation-Sardinia-Piedmont-Kingdom-of-1861.jpg

Congrats to both Jaime and Charlotte! I wish them all the best!

I believe there is still the diamond button tiara that did not come from the Infanta Alicia. The buttons were worn on their weddings by three of the four aunts of the duke of Noto. They also used the gorgeous Balmain veil that was first worn by the now dowager duchess of Calabria, Pss Anne of France.

I don't think Pss Anne inherited any tiaras from her mother. The Coty was broken up (Pss Chantal was seen with pieces of it), the bandeau went to Prince Michel, the Action Française to her eldest daughter Isabelle and the comb to her eldest son. I am not even sure if we have ever seen Pss Anne in a tiara after her weding day.
Bernadette von Metzingen borrowed the Action Francaise tiara when she married count Melchior von Schönborn-Buchheim. So I believe it is possible that it would be available for the future Duchess of Noto as well. But that is probably only an option if the diamond button tiara has been sold recently. If my files are correct, the buttons were seen for the last time in 2003, when the groom's aunt Princess Victoria wore them for her wedding. Btw, she chose to wear them without the tiara frame.

I have not seen any tiara pics from the bride's family, but that could be another option.

Given the size of the Borbón Dos Sicilias ,Orléans and the extended Spanish RF I'm hoping they will marry in Spain but a Scottish wedding would be romantic.

Bernadette von Metzingen borrowed the Action Francaise tiara when she married count Melchior von Schönborn-Buchheim. . .

Actually i have read that this one was given to her mother in-law Princess Isabelle when the Jewels of the late Comtesse de Paris where divided among her children.

Jaime was the only one born prior to his parent's marriage about 8 years later... The second eldest sibling was born two years into their marriage.

I still wonder what exactly happened; did his father not get permission to marry and is that the reason they waited so long? And is this the 'rule' for the nobility in Spain that children that were born out of wedlock can get not only titles but als the 'royal highness' prefix when their parents marry at a later stage (or is this up to the head of the house as defunct Italian titles)?

I read that he was reluctant to give permmisson because she is from a noble background but not royal and when the finally married their wedding was very low key compared to the Weddings of the sisters of Pedro.

Princess Sofía, Duchess of Calabria lives a very quiet life compared to other Spanish nobles .I remember reading that the late Infante Carlos, Duke of Calabria was against the match which is why they waiting so long to marry.I think then Prince Felipe and his sisters attending the wedding.

=Duc_et_Pair;2314641]Or in Italy. The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies was the biggest state before the unification of Italy.

While their title is Italian the family lives in Spain. The family estates are in Spain. Beyond the geography of their title they have little to no link to Italy. He and his siblings were born in Madrid and Ciudad Real where the main estate is. Unless they go for a destination wedding which seems unlikely I don’t see Italy being in the consideration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom