Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde & Family current events 2: Sep 04-Jan 06

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren said:
The Aosta branch appears more "Royal" and better-behaved than the current Savoy branch, so some Italian monarchists prefer the Aostas. If the Savoy direct failed through lack of a male heir, Aosta would become the senior line. The "dilemma" was my tongue in cheek response to the prospect of a future Savoy heir

The continuation of the Savoy line is only crucial to dynasts, royal romantics, and to the Savoys themselves and their supporters. A son of Emanuele Filiberto and Clotilde will be a Prince of Savoy, Royal Highness. The only royal duties and obligations are in representing an ancient and proud Royal House, and maintaining its traditions. I'm hoping for a boy. :)

thanks for the explanation, Warren! that really clear things up for me.. :)

yes, i'm hoping for a baby boy too.. it would complete their little family. ;)

Italian Royal Couple-Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy, in New York - Ground Zero Memorial Visit - Dec 2005

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/1/prweb331427.htm

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy, the Prince and Princess of Venice, paid a 48 hour visit to New York City, arriving Friday afternoon, December 9th, and leaving Sunday evening, December 11th. They participated in events organized by the American Delegation of Savoy Orders and its independent charity, the American Foundation of Savoy Orders.

New York, New York (PRWEB) January 11, 2006 -- Their Royal Highnesses Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy, the Prince and Princess of Venice, paid a 48 hour visit to New York City, arriving Friday afternoon, December 9th, and leaving Sunday evening, December 11th. They participated in events organized by the American Delegation of Savoy Orders and its independent charity, the American Foundation of Savoy Orders.

At 9:00 a.m. on Saturday morning, December 10, the Prince and Princess, accompanied by Carl Morelli, the Delegate for the Savoy Orders in North America, paid an emotional visit to Ground Zero at the World Trade Center. They were given a VIP tour of the site, pausing at different parts of the immense space once occupied by the twin towers. To pay his respects, the Prince placed a memorial wreath at the Victims’ Family Center to commemorate the tragic loss of life on 9/11, which included the loss of over 90 Italians. The Prince expressed how profoundly touched he was by the scope of the physical devastation and tragic loss of life whose impact would never be lessened by the passage of time.

The American Delegation of Savoy Orders, which includes the United States of America and Canada, is part of the Dynastic Orders of the Royal House of Savoy, among the oldest orders of chivalry in the world. Their origins and their principles, traditions and humanitarian goals, like those of Royal House of Savoy that has the hereditary right to confer them, date back a thousand years. HRH Prince Victor Emmanuel IV of Savoy, Prince of Naples, is son of the last Italian King, Umberto II who died in 1983, is the current Head of the Royal House of Savoy and is Grand Master of the Savoy Orders. His son, Prince Emmanuel Philibert, is the grandson of the late King and Grand Chancellor of the Savoy Orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Italian Royal Couple Attend The American Foundation of Savoy Orders’ Ballo di Savoia to Help Raise Funds for the US Gulf Coast Hurricane Victims - Dec 2005

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/1/prweb329008.htm

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy, the Prince and Princess of Venice, paid a 48 hour whirlwind visit to New York City, arriving Friday afternoon, December 9th, and leaving Sunday evening, December 11th. They took time from their busy schedules to participate in events organized by the American Delegation of Savoy Orders and its independent charity, the American Foundation of Savoy Orders. The Prince is the grandson of the last King of Italy, Umberto II, who died in 1983.

New York, NY (PRWEB) January 6, 2006 -- Their Royal Highnesses Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy, the Prince and Princess of Venice, paid a 48 hour whirlwind visit to New York City, arriving Friday afternoon, December 9th, and leaving Sunday evening, December 11th. They took time from their busy schedules to participate in events organized by the American Delegation of Savoy Orders and its independent charity, the American Foundation of Savoy Orders. The Prince is the grandson of the last King of Italy, Umberto II, who died in 1983.

Their Royal Highnesses attended a cocktail reception in their honor on the evening of December 9 at the beautiful Manhattan townhouse residence of Uff. Marco and Dama Cristina Grassi. More than 50 Benefactors, Sponsors and Patrons of the Ballo di Savoia, organized by the American Foundation of Savoy Orders and the American Delegation of Savoy Orders, gathered to meet Their Royal Highnesses.

The American Delegation of Savoy Orders, which includes the United States of America and Canada, is part of the Dynastic Orders of the Royal House of Savoy, among the oldest orders of chivalry in the world. Their origins and their principles, traditions and humanitarian goals, like those of Royal House of Savoy that has the hereditary right to confer them, date back a thousand years. HRH Prince Victor Emmanuel IV, Prince of Naples, is Head of the House of Savoy and Grand Master of the Savoy Orders. His son, Prince Emmanuel Philibert, is Grand Chancellor of the Savoy Orders.

The American Foundation of Savoy Orders is a tax exempt U.S. charity whose philanthropic work in North American is supported by members of the American Delegation. The Foundation is a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.

The Prince and Princess, accompanied by the Delegate and Dr. Sergio Pellecchi, were warmly greeted by the host and hostess, and Uff. Grassi delivered a brief welcoming speech, in English and Italian, thanking Their Royal Highnesses for enabling so many members of the Savoy Orders and friends to pay their respects to the Royal couple in an informal setting. His Royal Highness responded by saying how happy he and his wife were to be with members of the American Delegation and the donors to the Foundation, and thanked the hosts and the guests for their warm welcome to New York. Despite their long and tiring transatlantic trip, the Prince and Princess participated with evident pleasure and enthusiasm, cordially greeting the guests. They departed for a private dinner more than an hour after their arrival.

On Saturday, December 10, at 11:00 a.m., their Royal Highnesses attended and actively participated in the semi-annual meeting of the National Council of the American Delegation of Savoy Orders at the Knickerbocker Club.

At 6:00 p.m. on Saturday evening at the elegant Colony Club, Park Avenue at 62nd Street, just before the start of the Cocktail Reception for the Ballo di Savoia, His Royal Highness graciously presided over a ceremony at which he, assisted by the Delegate and Gr. Uff. Dr. Robert La Rocca, presented diplomas and insignia of the Savoy Orders to several honorees who were not able to travel to Geneva to receive them at the Capitolo Generale (Annual Convocation) of the Orders. Those receiving honors on this occasion were: Adrian Benjamin Burke, Esq. (Devotee of Merit), Prof. Robert V. Piluso (Cav., OMS), Annie Borello Fiorilla, Esq. (Dama, OMS), Joan T. Rosasco (Dama, OMS), and Joseph J. Di Trapani (Cav., OSSML).

Starting at 6:30 p.m. at the Colony Club, the American Foundation of Savoy Orders held its Bi-Annual Ballo di Savoia. Their Royal Highnesses were guests of honor, and a record crowd of over 200 persons attended to help raise funds for the victims of the recent hurricanes on the United States’ Gulf Coast. The Prince and Princess mingled with the guests during the cocktail reception, personally greeting and chatting with many people. French Magazine "Point De Vue" described: “a ravishing Princess Clotilde of Savoy all in white”, who was wearing a ball gown by Gianfranco Ferre at the Ballo di Savoia.

After everyone had settled in the Ballroom The Inno Sardo Nazionale, the old Royal Anthem, was beautifully sung by mezzo-soprano Mary Phillips of the Metropolitan Opera. Masters of Ceremonies were the Co-Chairmen of the Ballo, Uff. Avv. John Leopoldo Fiorilla, Dama Cristina Grassi, and Uff. Avv. David V. Skoblow. A speech of introduction and welcome was given by Cav. di Gr. Cr. Avv. Carl J. Morelli, President of the Savoy Foundation and Delegate of the American Delegation of Savoy Orders. This was followed by a speech of greeting by H.R.H. Prince Emmanuel Philibert of Savoy, the Grand Chancellor of the Savoy Orders. The Invocation was given by Cav. di Gr. Cr. Archbishop Celestino Migliore, Apostolic Nuncio and Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations. Loyal toasts were given to Their Royal Highnesses, by the Delegate; to the President, by Gr. Uff. Dott. La Rocca; to the Dynastic Orders of the House of Savoy, by Comm. Cosnotti; and to the American Delegation by Dama Cristina Grassi. During dinner there was dancing to the music of the Mitch Kahn Orchestra. A beautiful crystal paperweight with the Savoy Royal Family arms was the elegant gift to each Ballo participant, and the Savoy Foundation President, Carl Morelli, presented the Royal Couple with a Steuben crystal apple, symbol of New York, the “Big Apple.”

http://img495.imageshack.us/img495/6919/princessclotildeofsavoy4jw.jpg
http://img495.imageshack.us/img495/2679/royalsattheball3ex.jpg

Edward Cardinal Egan Greets Royal Couple of the House of Savoy and Savoy Orders at a Mass at Saint Patrick’s Cathedral - Dec 2005

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/1/prweb329108.htm

Edward Cardinal Egan greets Their Royal Highnesses, Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy, at a Mass at the Cathedral of Saint Patrick, ending their two-day visit to New York City organized by the American Delegation of Savoy Orders and its charity, the American Foundation of Savoy Orders. The Prince is the grandson of the last King of Italy, Umberto II, who died in 1983. The Knights and Dames of the American Delegation of Savoy Orders and their guests were invited by their confrere, Cavaliere di Gran Croce Edward Cardinal Egan, Archbishop of New York, to participate in the solemn Mass at the Cathedral of St. Patrick at 10:15 a.m. on Sunday morning, December 11th. Some three-dozen members of the Savoy Orders participated, along with a large number of family and friends. The Cathedral was filled to capacity, with over 3000 attending the Mass.

New York, New York (PRWEB) January 6, 2006 -- Edward Cardinal Egan greets Their Royal Highnesses, Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy, at a Mass at the Cathedral of Saint Patrick, which culminated the royal couple’s whirlwind two- day visit to New York City. The Prince is the grandson of the last King of Italy, Umberto II, who died in 1983. The Knights and Dames of the American Delegation of Savoy Orders and their guests were invited by their confrere, Cavaliere di Gran Croce Edward Cardinal Egan, Archbishop of New York, to participate in the solemn Mass at the Cathedral of St. Patrick at 10:15 a.m. on Sunday morning, December 11th. Some three-dozen members of the Savoy Orders participated, along with a large number of family and friends. The Cathedral was filled to capacity, with over 3000 attending the Mass.

Before the Mass, His Eminence greeted Their Royal Highnesses Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy and the American Delegate, Cavaliere Di Gran Croce Avv. Carl J. Morelli. Members of the Savoy Orders, including Their Royal Highnesses, participated in the procession to the altar together with the celebrants, other ministers of the altar, and the seminarians from St. Joseph’s Seminary, Dunwoodie, who were visiting that day.

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/7568/savoyorderschurchrobes27ra.jpg
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/8527/savoymembers8rv.jpg

Thanks for the articles, Warren!

Take this with a grain of salt, but my regional newspaper today's edition also said that Clotilde is pregnant, and 1 1/2 month along so far.

ladybelline said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but my regional newspaper today's edition also said that Clotilde is pregnant, and 1 1/2 month along so far.

Where do you live? In some december-january pics, we guess a beginning of belly.

Danielane : I live in Béziers.The newspaper is the Midi Libre, and the article was in the Tv column...

ladybelline said:
Danielane : I live in Béziers.The newspaper is the Midi Libre, and the article was in the Tv column...

Ok. I'm from Paris.
So another very reliable source :D :rolleyes: I'm rather sur that, unlike the happy parents-to-be give on their own some precisions, we won't stop speculating on the due date.

ladybelline said:

It's official: I heard that on TV news the other day:)

Tosca said:
It's official: I heard that on TV news the other day:)

Where did you heard this? When you write to their secratary, it's answered they don't release the ude date, which means there's a due date, and a baby on his way.

Danielane said:
Where did you heard this? When you write to their secratary, it's answered they don't release the ude date, which means there's a due date, and a baby on his way.

I heard it on the Italian state-run news progammme TG1

pollyemma said:
well no more wine commercials at any rate- we can be thankful for that!

I couldn't find any video on EF advertising prickles - not wine, although I don't know if he ever did for any foreign TVs -, anyways I found this picture related to that video.The advertising slogan said: "Whenever you wish to feel like a king...";) (source: dagospia)

1039617755fili7vl.jpg

in case of an announcement, where would they have it? at Italian news? french news? or through a PR firm like prweb?

purple_platinum said:
in case of an announcement, where would they have it? at Italian news? french news? or through a PR firm like prweb?

The most probable is there has been lot of questions about the then-supposed pregnancy to their secretary and as there was no denying, it was considered like official.

Yes, princess Clotilde is pregnant!! The baby probably will be born to August, I have heard the news in tv, and I am very happy for them, moreover princess had declared of wanting to increase the family!!

Tosca said:
I couldn't find any video on EF advertising prickles - not wine, although I don't know if he ever did for any foreign TVs -, anyways I found this picture related to that video.The advertising slogan said: "Whenever you wish to feel like a king...";) (source: dagospia)

thanks so much! i had always wanted to see photos of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom