Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde & Family 4: Oct 2006-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

azile

Nobility
City
Vancouver
Country
Canada
SavoyPrinceofVeniceStandard.jpg

Prince of Venice Standard

Welcome to Part 4 of the Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde & Family Current Events thread.

You will find the previous thread, covering January 2006 to October 2006 here, and
[FONT=&quot]the forum Rules and Guidelines apply here, just as in every other thread. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Happy posting![/FONT]​

Last edited by a moderator:
They both speak English well, he just has a heavy accent.

He seems like a really down to earth sort of guy.
If an apology was all it took, I have to wonder why it took so long:ermm:

They must be happy to be back in the home country:)

kelly9480 said:
They both speak English well, he just has a heavy accent.

A strong French accent, I suppose, because he has even when he speaks Italian;)

According to panorama.it little daughter of prince EF and princess Clotilde is supposed to be baptised before Christmas in Rome or Monreale.The number of guests is supposed to be about 50 people, with a simply ceremony and the same dress for little princess as it was for her sister Victoria.

zarat said:
According to panorama.it little daughter of prince EF and princess Clotilde is supposed to be baptised before Christmas in Rome or Monreale.The number of guests is supposed to be about 50 people, with a simply ceremony and the same dress for little princess as it was for her sister Victoria.

Any idea when?Im looking forward to it. Last bapitised was nice, and great pictures.

Looking recently to website monarchici.it I have found an old but still interesting information regarding the rivalry existing between two branches of royal Italian family.
So, according to information from the 10th october 2006, the prince Emanuele Filiberto has stated in an interview which was going to be published the next day in Italian magazine „CHI”: „What does it mean to be a head of a dynasty with a glorious past but with no significance today? The monarchy is over and it’s ridiculous to quarrel about the inexisting throne ”. In these words the prince EF has wanted to answer the claims of his cousin Amadeo to be a head of a royal Italian family. The prince EF has declared also that „ We should be united instead of destroying ourselves in small quarrels”.
The Prince EF has expressed also his opinion about critiques presented by his Aosta cousins in reference to commercial use of Savoy emblem by prince EF: „They have their own emblem, they can do with this what they want. And dont’ interfere with mine” .
The next day (the 11 th october) the site monarchici,it presented the denial from prince EF: „ I have never told or thought that royal family of Savoy doesn’t mean nothing”. Prince has requested the dementi from „CHI” and declared to be furious after having read the interview: „This phrase isn’t mine”. He only wanted to say that dynasty conflict with duke Amadeo is pointless because of the throne that in his moment doesn’t exist . And prince EF ended the explanation in these words „Let’s do something positive”.

It will be the time I think….

According to site monarchici.it the prince Emanuele Filiberto will be present the 3 th dicember in Padova during the ceremony of 40 th anniversary of Altar Consecration. This altar was dedicated to people dead in concentration camp during II Second War (princessa Mafalda of Savoy was dead in Buchenwald camp).

zarat said:
.....the prince Emanuele Filiberto has stated in an interview which was going to be published the next day in Italian magazine „CHI”: „What does it mean to be a head of a dynasty with a glorious past but with no significance today? The monarchy is over and it’s ridiculous to quarrel about the inexisting throne ”.... „ We should be united instead of destroying ourselves in small quarrels”....
shame with the denial, because the Chi quote gave the impression of him as being a lot more intelligent than i would give him credit for...

Lucidu said:
News pics from polfoto: Prince Emmanuel Philibert of Savoy and his wife Clotilde Courau
thanks for sharing, looks intresting.Clotilde looked great, liked the coat
Lucidu said:
Clotilde Courau et a party:"
I like this look.Like the mix of jeans with the jacket.she looks cute:flowers:

Prince's EF site ww.valoriefuturo.it (="Values and future") presents several photos taken during his participation in ceremony of 40 th anniversary of Altar Consecration. The prince has payed hommage not only to his aunt Mafalda but to all people dead in nazi camp.

http://www.tg5.mediaset.it/video/200...deo_9636.shtml

Video (in italian only) with short speech by prince EF who was partecipating in ceremony dedicated to centenary of birth of queen Jose Maria.

http://www.elmundo.es/magazine/2006/376/1165333742.html

And here a link to interview given by princess CLotilde to spanish magazine El mundo. I saw an italian translation of this article.
Generally speaking she gives an impression of bein a reasonable person- she divides her life in two parts- one of CLotilde actress and second of Clotilde princess.

http://www.fiction.mediaset.it/foto.php?key=mafalda&vai=2&pagina=scheda_arc.php?key=126

Web site of Mediaset presents photos with princess Clotilde interpreting part of princess Giovanna in film dedicated to Mafalda of Savoy.

„Point de vue”, french magazine dedicated to royalty, in issue nr 3049 has opened the concours „Who is the most chic princess of 2006”. Among quoted princess was also princess CLotilde. She was showed during fasion show with black bag from Chanel („icon of fashionistes”).

Recently I was looking to different italians sites just to find some information about probable date of baptism for little princess Louise but the only info regarding future event was related to prince EF. So he is supposed to participate the 5th and 6th of february in procession dedicated to Sainte Agathe (to be held in region of Catania).

Thank you very much Lucidu! This video tells us a few (positive) words about EF and CLotilde. They are really pleasant as people I would say....

Hello Princess Robijn
There's one photo with Princess Clotillde in thread dedicated to Lady Helen Taylor -post nr 67. They were present both at Armani show

EMANUELE FILIBERTO
According to quotidiano.net prince Emanuele Filberto is one of owners of restaurante called "Il Quirinale" which was opened few months ago in Geneva. The restaurant became alreay fashionable; it includes also the pizzeria when the "pizza Savoia" or "pizza margherita" are served.

Tosca said:
A strong French accent, I suppose, because he has even when he speaks Italian;)

You think so? If so, very subtle if not simply regional cadence?

Clotilde's English is fairly good. It is fluid but appears to be the product of her colloquial American English usage.

Prince Joachim of Denmark speaks English very well and so does QM II (British accents). CP Frederik however has quite an accent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom