Prince Emanuele Filiberto And Clotilde Courau: News-Pictures 1: May 2003-Sept 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Josefine@May 5th, 2003 - 12:36 pm
picture from www.ibl.se
This is a great photo of Clothilde ~ but "something" about her makes me wonder ~ and, it's about her "age". Others may not agree with me, (which you have a perfect right to), but she looks much older than her husband ~ and, nothing is wrong with that! However, I first noticed it in the wedding photos ~ To me, she looks about 10 years older than her husband, "Filberto". Just thought I'd mention it.

Elizajane

This is a great photo of Clothilde ~ but "something" about her makes me wonder ~ and, it's about her "age". Others may not agree with me, (which you have a perfect right to), but she looks much older than her husband ~ and, nothing is wrong with that! However, I first noticed it in the wedding photos ~ To me, she looks about 10 years older than her husband, "Filberto". Just thought I'd mention

I agree. She looks much older than she really is.

She's 34. Could be 35 now, depending on her birthday. I'm not sure when it is. Does anyone else know?

"Mrs. Warren's Profession"? Interesting choice for the princess. Well, she breaks all of the rules!

(Corbis) HRH Victor Emmanuel of Savoy, HRH Marina of Savoy, HRH Princess Clotilde Courau, HRH Emmanuel Filiberto of Savoy attend the premiere of the play "La Profession de Madame Warren" ("Mrs. Warren's Occupation").

Family, 1

Family, 2

Victor Emmanuel tries to get a word in

Family, 3

Family, 4

Filiberto and Clotilde, 1

Filiberto and Clotilde, 2

Filiberto and Clotilde, 3

Clotilde, 1

Clotilde, 2

Clotilde, 3

Savoys, 1

Emmanuel Filiberto

Clotilde on stage with cast

Clotilde with actress Judith Magre

Wonderful pictures Lyonnaise! I'll be honest, I have never really thought that Clotilde was really very attractive, but she looks really lovely in the photographs. I like her hair length. It looks really nice on her.

Originally posted by Gabriella@May 19th, 2004 - 7:10 pm
Wonderful pictures Lyonnaise! I'll be honest, I have never really thought that Clotilde was really very attractive, but she looks really lovely in the photographs. I like her hair length. It looks really nice on her.
I agree Gabriella. I've never found Clotilde to be very pretty either, but in these pictures she is quite striking. Maybe it's the shorter hair that makes her seem a bit more vibrant than usual.

Does this mean that we wont get to see photos of her baptism if it is going to be such a "low key" "private" event?

I'm sure there will be a social gathering of some kind after the private church baptism at which some press will be permitted. Some kind of reception for guests.

I'm a little disappointed that among the godparents are only business tycoons and that Emanuele Filiberto didn't choose some royal personages from among his many aunts, uncles and cousins. This would have been a wise healing move considering the appalling state of relationships between his own father and much of the rest of the family. Considering also what just happened in Madrid between his father and Prince Amadeo, it would have certainly been smarter public relations.

I had never heard of Emmanuel Filberto until I saw him on a 20/20 episode about royalty a couple of weeks ago. He is really good-looking. I thought Clothilde was really funny and cute and they look like a great couple with a lot of down-to-earth humor. I find her really pretty in a cute, merry, dancing eyes kind of way. Good for them. I'm happy he did the right thing by marrying her and giving up dangerous pastimes. He certainly seems the doting daddy. :heart:

Does his family accept Clothilde now and do they seem to adore their grandchild? Is this the first grandchild?

And what on earth happened with his father recently? It was some sort of scandal and a fist fight that I haven't been able to read about in English. What little I read was kind of funny, with Prince this or that falling into the arms of Countess this or that, while Duke of Something looked on in horror. Please point me to an article on the brawl. :shock: :lol:

Thank you for the pictures, Lyonnaise.But since when Marina was the former queen of Italy? :unsure:

The young family at the Venice Film Festival. Baby Victoria has certainly grown!

Source: Hello

Attachments

• venice-dop2a.jpg
    venice-dop2a.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 849
I thought there was a other spelling of her name but I can be wrong does anyone know

thank you
so papers use the spelling Victoria and they use the other

Josefine said:
thank you
so papers use the spelling Victoria and they use the other
Your welcome and yes, the papers use the English spelling and the Latin spelling of her name.

Clotilde does look very elegant...and E-F doesn't look bad either! ;)

I wonder if the gown is by Chanel?

Attachments

• Clotilde_3.jpg
    Clotilde_3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 462
  • Clotilde_4.jpg
    Clotilde_4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 542
Last edited by a moderator:
Julia said:
Clotilde does look very elegant...and E-F doesn't look bad either! ;)

Clotilde's dress is very elegant and beautiful indeed. From the waist up it looks like it's a bit loose on her, but perhaps that is just the cut of it? At any rate it's a beautiful and very classy dress paired with the diamond necklace.

time to close down this thread see you all at part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom