Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta engaged to Princess Olga of Greece, May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is anybody here fluent in French? Perhaps we can send an e-mail to Point de Vue about this engagement as it seems to be dragging on for ages. Since the Tatiana and Elvire episodes I have become rather suspicious about the combination 'royalty' and 'long engagements'....

Marengo said:
So, is anybody here fluent in French? Perhaps we can send an e-mail to Point de Vue about this engagement as it seems to be dragging on for ages. Since the Tatiana and Elvire episodes I have become rather suspicious about the combination 'royalty' and 'long engagements'....

Ha! Ha! So true. Yes please, anybody? My French is a bit rusty. I'm afraid I'd not be able to communicate what I'm trying to say! I'd probably end up writing something insulting :eek:...don't want that happening! :D

I wonder if their excuse to keep postponing the wedding is work related? Too many things going on??

I heard or read the couple still wants private and intimate wedding - which could take place this year 2007, but nothing is official. It may be a possibility, according to me, that we learn about the wedding once the couple has married.

I Think that is very difficult Olga and Aimone will get married, because They engaged two years ago.

I don't mean to seem like I'm beating a dead horse :hammer:, but has there been any recent news about this couple in Point de Vue (or any other magazine for that matter)?

No... All quiet on the Savoy-Greece front. :neutral:

I don't mean to seem like I'm beating a dead horse :hammer:, but has there been any recent news about this couple in Point de Vue (or any other magazine for that matter)?

What is up with this couple?! Wouldn't it be something if the couple was already married?

I don't know. Pure speculation on my part. I'm quite sure the "royal world" is also wondering what is up with them.

Now, for some reason
I really don't think that these 2 will tie the knot!
They have the money & the means....what's the hold up???
Seems absurd!

Maybe the both had already married, without making it public.

I hope that these two do get married. It will be great for even a partial Greek princess to get back into the royal game. Even if it is a non ruling house.

Olga's father, Prince Michel of Greece, has said to a magazine that they were living together anyway. I don't remember the details but it was a trustworthy source

they still haven't married? it has been over 2 1/2 years since they announced their engagement. I wonder if something is wrong, and they don't want it to be known to the public.

I hope that these two do get married. It will be great for even a partial Greek princess to get back into the royal game. Even if it is a non ruling house.

Royal game?What Royal game?They have no such thing awaiting them,another empty title,that's all,sorry.

That means if they wed,which I highly doubt,but it gives someone a certain stature to say;"I'm engaged",and it keeps the rumours out.
For the time being.
:D

Why PARTIAL Greek princess?? Olga and Alexandra are FULLY Greek, the most GREEK from all the GRF, because her mother is also Greek.

It's because she's not fully a member of the Greek Royal Family, not because she's any more or less Greek. Her mother is a commoner, so their daughters don't have any style, and only the title Princess of Greece, not of Denmark.

It's because she's not fully a member of the Greek Royal Family, not because she's any more or less Greek. Her mother is a commoner, so their daughters don't have any style, and only the title Princess of Greece, not of Denmark.

I believe Olga is a Princess of Greece and Denmark, all Princes(ses) of the Royal family of Greece are Princes(esses) of Greece and Denmark.

Posts relating to marriage laws in the United States have been removed as they have no relevance to the thread.

Warren
GRF moderator

Has to be the royal world's longest running engagement. Wasn't there a similar case back a few years ago between a Wurtemberg duchess and someone else? Then there was an engagement between a Murat princess and an Orleans prince, which also died a quiet death. Why announce it and then let it linger so long if you're having second thoughts for any reason? Makes no sense to me, and I can't figure out an explanation for this one. Could it have something to do with the Aosta's dynastic claims? Could they have discovered that Pss. Olga may not be able to bear children?

If the posting is correct they are still together although they did not appear as a couple in the last two years. Perhaps they were married and did not feel like letting us know about it?

If the posting is correct they are still together although they did not appear as a couple in the last two years. Perhaps they were married and did not feel like letting us know about it?

Which posting? Personally, I would only trust Italians or people at least living in Italy and closely following events. Certain bloggers I do not trust.

Could it have something to do with the Aosta's dynastic claims? Could they have discovered that Pss. Olga may not be able to bear children?

Apparently it all has to do with the scandal involving Prince Amedeo, when his ex mistress told the press that she had become pregnant with him, but he refused to accept the baby. So she said she felt obliged to go and blab to the medias. Later on Amedeo recognized the girl, who is affected with the Down syndrome. Olga and Aimone haven't appeared since.

Apparently it all has to do with the scandal involving Prince Amedeo, when his ex mistress told the press that she had become pregnant with him, but he refused to accept the baby. So she said she felt obliged to go and blab to the medias. Later on Amedeo recognized the girl, who is affected with the Down syndrome. Olga and Aimone haven't appeared since.

Thank you for reminding me, now I remember there was the scandal with the mistress. Wasn't she Dutch or Scandinavian, and he was forced to give the child the Savoia name? Well, I've read elsewhere on line that there are other causes behind Aimone and Olga not marrying, and to give you an idea the posters involved were making allusions and comparisons to Ludwig II of Bavaria and his fiancee...marriage that never happened. Although I think this is all somewhat wishful thinking by some about Prince Aimone.;)

His mistress is a Dutch documentary film maker. She has disappeared too, just like Olga and Aimone. All that I know is that he's currently living and working in Moscow.

Which posting? Personally, I would only trust Italians or people at least living in Italy and closely following events. Certain bloggers I do not trust.

Benjamin I was referring to Benjamin's posting of 7/21/08 "Royal musings"
it mentioned that Aimone and Olga live together in Moscow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom