Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta and Family (2008-2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both bride and groom are from deposed royal houses, what do they live on? Do they have an inheritance, property, and art or jewel collection to speak of?

I think that the weather is going to be much better until Saturday.
BTW,Madonna's concert will take place in Athens at the same day,so the weather MUST be good.Let's hope that God will do something about this...

French Magazines seems to be interested in this wedding much more than the Italian ones.

French people know more the Aosta branch because Aimone's mother is princess Claude of France, now they also know Emanuele Filiberto and Vittorio Emanuele because of the wedding with Clotilde. Some years ago these last two where almost unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope in next week's issue, they get to be on the cover...the whole cover and not a corner.
Let's hope so.......there is always a chance the Saskozy-Bruni clan will do something out of the ordinary and they land again on the cover, so Olga and Aimone will end up in a half a page article............:bang:

They both have jobs.
Do they manage to upkeep a highstandard of living? Do they have any jewels, properties, or art which belongs to their royal heritage?

Any pics of their weddings?

Because of her father morganatic marriage, Olga is not a Royal Princess, is she?
Does anybody know if Aimone's marriage is ok for the "Norms governing marriages in the House of Savoy"?

Because of her father morganatic marriage, Olga is not a Royal Princess, is she?
Does anybody know if Aimone's marriage is ok for the "Norms governing marriages in the House of Savoy"?
Olga in not a Royal Princess because of her Parents marriage. King Konstantinos recognized for his daughters the title "Princess of Greece", but not the status of Royal Highness.
For Savoy House Laws the marriage is ok, because she come from a Royal Family. However Prince Amedeo has given his consent to it.

Does someone know if Olga is Ortodox or if She converted to Catholicism?

Congratulations to Prince Aimone and Princess Olga! It is so refreshing to see an equal marriage.
I am curious why the couple decided to marry in an embassy.

Congratulations to Prince Aimone and Princess Olga! It is so refreshing to see an equal marriage.
I am curious why the couple decided to marry in an embassy.
I think because Aimone lives and works in Moscow, so they marry in the italian embassy in that city...but indeed it's a good question

MAfan and Count,
Thanks for the explanations! :flowers: Princess Olga seems to be a sensible and practical person, when it comes to decision-making process. I totally understand her concerns regarding wedding expenses. A low-key wedding ceremony in the Italian embassy in Moscow is so romantic. :wub::wub: It is a modern version of elopement.

Rather than repeating the same questions across different threads about Prince Vittorio Emanuele's attack on the Duke of Aosta at CP Felipe's wedding, members are directed to the thread on the subject, here.

thanks,
Warren
Italian Royalty moderator

HRH Princess Olga will become Princess of Savoy,Duchess d" Aosta and Duchess delle Puglie.

She won't become Duchess of Aosta until her husband succeeds his father as Head of the Aosta branch. She will become the Duchess of Apulia, Aimone's Ducal title.

HRH Prince Aimone-Umberto is Duke d'Aosta and Duke delle Puglie and HRH Prince Amedeo (Head of the Italian Royal House) is Duke of Savoy.
It is true that Vittorio-Emanuele and his son ( who don't have dynastic rights) don't "recognize" this situation but they are free to have their own opinions.

To understand better:

Sito Ufficiale della Real Casa di Savoia

She won't become Duchess of Aosta until her husband succeeds his father as Head of the Aosta branch. She will become the Duchess of Apulia, Aimone's Ducal title.

It differs whom you ask. The one wo see Amedeo as the Head of the House he is the Duke of Savoy and his son as the Duke of Aosta. For those who say Vittorio Emmanuele is the Head of the House Amedeo is the Duke of Aosta and his son the Duke of Apulia.

Italian media doesn't talk about the wedding, only some newspaper...
That's true!
When Aimone's sisters got married ,all the magazines talked about them.
They also sold the exclusives to the magazine Gente.
When Bianca got married, I remember a special issue (sold out in a couple of days) with hundreds of pics of the wedding and a pic of the bride with Princess Caroline on the cover.
Both on Bianca's and on Mafalda's wedding, hundreds of people gathered outside "Il Borro", hoping to see the brides and they all were given the "confetti".
Bianca was the best known of the three. She was very beautiful, she also modeled for Enrico Coveri, and was often on magazines covers.
While Aimone seems to be very discreet and he has been living in Moscow for many years now. Besides, his sisters' weddings were announced months before, not only a week before.
I can't understand why they have kept everything secret this time.
Anyways, I find very nice this new Italian-Greek Royal couple!

Some posts have been copied or moved over to the Wedding thread in the Royal Weddings forum.

A couple of points:
• wedding commentary should be posted in the wedding thread;
• copyrighted photos will be deleted immediately and without notice to ensure that TRF does not receive a lawsuit.

thanks,
Warren
Italian Royalty moderator

Last edited:
hello!!i´m new in the foro and my english is not very fluent. Its a pleasure to read all your post. I´ll like to know if Olga was Royal Highness by birth. Because i´ve read that she was only Highness with the title of princess of greece instead of princess of greece and denmark. Because the marriage of the parents, Prince Michael and Amrina Karella was morganatic.

Thank you!

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm an editor at Wikipedia, I constantly read on royalsportal that Olga and Alexandra were born with the full title HRH Princess of Greece and Denmark, and that the only different is that they don't have succession rights like Alexia and Theodora do, but whoever contributed to Olga's article found a source from an old book and newsgroup saying that they are HH Princess of Greece only.

Their father Prince Michael of Greece had to resign his rights to the Greek throne when he married Marina Karella who is a commoner, daughter of a Greek industrialist.
Prince Michael kept his title but his wife was not fashioned HRH Princess Michael, although in social mags she is referred to as Princess Marina of Greece.
Their two daughters are fashioned Princesses of Greece but they are not Royal Highnesses.
There were some conversations about who and how the other members of the GRF are titled of Greece and Denmark and these are on the forum discussingthe GRF.

It's a matter of debate and contradictory sources as to whether Olga and Alexandra are HRHs, but HH is a new one and probably doesn't stand up.
At least for Olga the matter is resolved as she is an HRH by virtue of her marriage, if nothing else. :)

The marriage of Michael and Marina was morganatic, so they have lost the title of Princes of Greece and Denmark and the style of Royal Highness for they descendants; but King Konstantinos accorded them the title of Princes of Greece, without a royal style; so Olga and her sister were born Princesses of Greece, but were not members of the Royal Family. It's possible that some Court recognises them as Highness, but they not the Greek one. However now Olga is HRH the Duchess of Aosta and Apulia, Princess of Savoy

Who knows?? Sounds like speculation. How many times are they going to get married to accomodate the guests? They had a civil ceremony at the embassy in Moscow and a religious ceremony in Patmos.
The last one I remember having a double ceremony was then Princess Sofia in Athens. However both ceremonies (Greek Orthodox and Catholic)took place on the same day.

Thanks,BELTRANEJA!!The only new photo is that of Q Sophia with Alexandra's husband,Nicola Mirzayanz or something like that.I saw this in Life & Style (October issue).Another wedding in Italy?That would make them 3...as we say in Greece "only the start is difficult"...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom