Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta and Family (2008-2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until 1946 The Heir to the Throne was called Crown Prince.
Italy has only one Head of the Royal Family respecting the Laws of the House of Savoy.
Crown Prince Aimone is very respected in the country even if he is less known than his father.

Well since his father Aosta never had the title of king and does not use the title of king, and his use of it would be debatable at best, it seems rather odd to assign the son the title of Crown Prince.

HRH Prince Amedeo is the Head of the Royal Family and "de iure" King of Italy. It is normal for his Heir to be called Crown Prince.

HRH Prince Amedeo is the Head of the Royal Family and "de iure" King of Italy.
For a rather limited group of people I would think, even amongst the remaining Italian monarchists.

The Italian authentic royalists have no doubt about it because they respect the Laws of the House of Savoy.

It just seems very odd for people to give someone a title such as "Crown Prince" that they do not even use themselves. It would be laughable for Amadeo to go around calling himself King and for Amione to then call himself the Crown Prince.

It seems the Italians are following the French route with multiple claimants to a non-existant throne

Even though the two branches of the House of Savoy are in dispute, the Duke of Aosta has never used the title of 'Crown Prince' and neither has his son. I think it more an affectation by some over-zealous supporters.

Crown Prince Aimone is very respected in the country even if he is less known than his father.
I'd rather say that Aimone is virtually unknown in Italy. And I wouldn't say he is very respected in the country, given that in the country practically nobody knows him; maybe he is very respected in his circles, but not among the general public.

Is is rather true that many Italians do not know HRH Crown Prince Aimone of Savoy very well because he is not very present in Television or in the newspapers. He is very dedicated to his Family and to his work for the Pirelli Group.

The main branch of the Savoy family is followed by the media, because - one may like it or not - they are the ones who made the country, although the Aosta's family male members gave their great contribution as soldiers.
Amedeo had his share of scandals as well: he cheated on both wives; has had out of the wedlock children (Ginevra, the daughter he has with Kyara Van Ellinkhuizen, is not his only love child...) He's less talked about, because he's not the descendant of the former King, and that's all. It has nothing to do with their jobs or whatever...
Besides any single human being has his/hes own character and peculiarities, which doesn't mean that a person is bad because he/she works in the show-biz.

MAfan , was this Event a highlight in the Italian Newspapers ? Are they articles about the main branch and the Savoys in the newspaper , are they popular ?

The Italian newspapers and Televisions speak very rarely about the nowadays members of the Royal House of Savoy (prince Amedeo or Prince Aimone) but speak quite often about the descendants with no dynastic rights (especially Mr Emanuele-Filiberto di savoia) who are involved in shows and artistic life.

There is only one branch of the Royal Family with dynastic rights and its Head is HRH Prince Amedeo of Savoy, Duke of Savoy. He is present in the news less than his relatives from Switzerland.

Who cares about the Savoy-Aosta? It's the Savoy Carignano who made Italy. That's history. So it's quite obvious the media have always mostly followed them, rather than their cousins, long before they appeared on TV.

MAfan , was this Event a highlight in the Italian Newspapers ? Are they articles about the main branch and the Savoys in the newspaper , are they popular ?

It wasn't at all. The only article I've found about it is the one published in the website of the UMI.
Aimone, as I have written in a post above, is virtually unknown in Italy; Amedeo is more known, but mainly as a wine producer and for a couple of scandals he was involved in. The probably most known and "popular" Savoy - and the most followed by media - is Emanuele Filiberto, but only because his artistic career.

Usually the Italian press does not speak about HRH Crown Prince Aimone and HRH Crown Princess Olga is almost unknown in the country.

The Italian Crown Prince is really important for the development of Pirelli Company.

I wonder if this implies that he'll have to move to Scandinavia of if he'll continue to reside in Italy.

In our digital age, it is rarely necessary to be physically present somewhere to be an effective CEO.
If Aimone doesn't want to move, I doubt he'll have to.

The couple has only two children but we hope to see a larger Family.

I doubt it; with Olga's age (she has just turned 41) and complicated pre-term birth of Amadeo...

Last edited:
Posts along the lines of "I know something you don't know" accompanied by vague hints, and posts speculating as to what may or may not happen in the near or distant future have no substance, serve no practical purpose and do not belong in these forums. Such posts have been removed.

Thanks for everyone's understanding and cooperation,

Warren
Non-Reigning Houses moderator

HRH the Crown Prince lives now most of the time in Sweden but continues to visit as much as possible Italy too.

Well, Isabella, the first daughter and third child was born less than a month later:lol:

But we didn't know about Olga's pregnancy then.:lol:
I am sure Isabella will be their last child.

The Royal Family did not want to speak about HRH Crown Princess Olga's last pregnancy until the birth of HRH Princess Isabella.

Here is a recent pic of Aimone and Olga of Savoy-Aosta, presumably taken somewhere in Scandinavia.

They live mostly in Seden now because of HRH Crown Prince Aimone's job for the Pirelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom