Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta and Family (2008-2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Heir Presumptive
City
San Francisco
Country
United States
Savoy-AostaArms.jpg

Arms of Savoy-Aosta

¤ ¤ ¤

On 16 September 2008, HRH Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta married HRH Princess Olga of Greece
at the Italian Embassy in Moscow.

The religious union will take place on 27 September in Patmos, Greece.

:w00t2:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Benjamen, let's hope there will be pix for the religious union

So, ladies and Gentlemen ...Stephane Bern was right.
I am happy for both royal families...This is finally a real royal event ..

Congratulations to the lovely couple......Wish them a long happy married life!

The happy end has come!!!

This is wonderful!Congratulations to Aimone and Olga!!:wub:
They deserve to be happy.All the best wishes!!:flowers:

and hopefully within a year a son will be born.

I'm sure it will...:angel:God bless them!!

Finally the wait is over these two have tied the knot.Congrats to the couple and I hope for a lasting marriage.

First marriage between royals with no fanfare and publicity!!

Let's just hope for a pic or two on their religious wedding !

According to Stephane Bern's website, the Queen of Spain will be among the guests at the wedding.

Oh,great!This means that the GRF is going to be there,too.I first thought it would be too private (the 2 of them and their parents and siblings or something like that).

Congratulations to the couple! I hope that we will be able to see some photos.

According to Stephane Bern's website, the Queen of Spain will be among the guests at the wedding.

hopefully she will take her children and in laws with her! :flowers:
my congrats to the couple...

I don't think she will. If Felipe and Letizia are there, then the media will storm Patmos, and image the headache if people hear they are bringing the girls? There goes Aimone and Olga's private wedding.

No, I think it will be just Sofia and it will be a private family gathering. There weren't many cameras last year when Sofia was godmother to Prince Karl Wilhelm of Baden, so I don't think there will be a horde of paparazzi the way there might be if Felipe or Letizia went with Leo and baby Sofi. Unless they were REALLY quiet about it, I don't think anyone from the SRF but Queen Sofia will be attending.

Sito Ufficiale della Real Casa di Savoia

The website of prince Amadeo is including the info that the union between AImone and Olga which will be celebrated the 27 th september fulfilla the rules of Casa Savoia as regards the matrimony.

This is an important for the battle of Amedeo to be Head of the House against the cousin Vittorio Emanuele: Vittorio Emanuele and Emanuele Filiberto married commoners, on the contrary the Aosta branch has always had marriages with royal princesses.

It must be very small indeed. They will have to stand outside. Let us hope it doesn´t rain. :ohmy:
It is good to hear that royal is marrying royal, such an unusual happening these days it seems.

When Bianca married Giberto Arrivabene many guests were obliged to follow the ceremony outside the small church of Il Borro, but on that occasione guests were hundreds!
I also like to see a marriage following the traditional rules...

It must be very small indeed. They will have to stand outside. Let us hope it doesn´t rain. :ohmy:
It is good to hear that royal is marrying royal, such an unusual happening these days it seems.

Rain?On Patmos?In september?Never!It will be gorgious blue sky and a blistering sun as always that time of year:sun::star:

Vittorio Emanule has welcomed the wedding and wished the couple a happy life together.
See: disavoia.it

Very nice of him to do, in my opinion, seeing as how he and Amedeo are not exactly on the best of terms.

That was so sweet, especially coming on an official letterhead from the Capo de la Casa Realle di Savoia.........do you suppose he used it as a reminder of who is still "in charge"?

That was so sweet, especially coming on an official letterhead from the Capo de la Casa Realle di Savoia.........do you suppose he used it as a reminder of who is still "in charge"?
One imagines that to be the reasoning behind it. lol. Needless to say, it is probably quite safe to assume the Prince of Naples did not receive an invitation.

This is an important for the battle of Amedeo to be Head of the House against the cousin Vittorio Emanuele: Vittorio Emanuele and Emanuele Filiberto married commoners, on the contrary the Aosta branch has always had marriages with royal princesses.
If EF doesn't have any sons, the leadership of the House of Savoy will automatically pass to the Aosta branch because of Salic law. VE has no brothers and no paternal uncles.

Can VE pull a Michael of Romania and change the house laws so that Vittoria could one day become head of house, or would that require constitutional change?

If EF doesn't have any sons, the leadership of the House of Savoy will automatically pass to the Aosta branch because of Salic law. VE has no brothers and no paternal uncles.

This is correct, if EF will not have a son, the branch Aosta will be the only surviving branch. Maybe the Grandchildren of Amedeo, it to long time for him!

Can VE pull a Michael of Romania and change the house laws so that Vittoria could one day become head of house, or would that require constitutional change?

Vittorio Emanuele as Head of the House can change the family laws, but in that case the Italian Monarchists and the Aosta branch will, maybe, refuse a Pretendent, who does not come from the Savoia House.
It is a bit complicated...

In a letter written to VE in January 1960, King Umberto II wrote that he has not the right to change the succession law (Tale legge, io 44mo Capo Famiglia, non intendo e non ho diritto di mutare). So, I don't think the Head of the Family, who however is Amedeo, can change them...

It is a bit complicated...

Much with all due respect, but this series of disputes among Amedeo, Vittorio Emanuele (that my old mother still calls "The King", and alas, Princess Marina "the Queen") and Emanuele Filiberto, sounds so much like to what Berlusconi would refer as a "teatrino" (sort of a puppet theatre).
Hopefully Aimone and Olga will bring some seriousness into the Royal House.

Much with all due respect, but this series of disputes among Amedeo, Vittorio Emanuele (that my old mother still calls "The King", and alas, Princess Marina "the Queen") and Emanuele Filiberto, sounds so much like to what Berlusconi would refer as a "teatrino" (sort of a puppet theatre).
Hopefully Aimone and Olga will bring some seriousness into the Royal House.

I fully agree with you Tosca. Personally I do not like VE+EF+Amedeo, the only one I like because I think could change something is Aimone. He is the only Savoia who started to work after the college: he knows the difficulties of life and how hard is to earn a salary every month...
He left Italy for Moscow when the life there was still difficult.
We are talking about "Kings" without crown only to spend a little bit of time...
For the moment VE is the Head of the House, even if I do not like it, all the rest is bla bla!

In a letter written to VE in January 1960, King Umberto II wrote that he has not the right to change the succession law (Tale legge, io 44mo Capo Famiglia, non intendo e non ho diritto di mutare). So, I don't think the Head of the Family, who however is Amedeo, can change them...

The Head of a House is the only who has the right to change, if he wants, all laws of the family (Statuto di Famiglia).
If the family still reigns all changes should be approved by the Parliament of the State, but for Savoia this is not valid anymore.
When King Umberto II wrote that letter, probably he had the hope to see his descendents on the throne of our country...

This is correct MAfan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom