Italian Noble and Princely Families 2: July 2007- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: She's one of the daughters Margherita Agnelli has with his second husband, the French-Russian count Serge de Pahlen.

A group of aristocrats posing at the photocall for the Mediaset tv fiction " I Cesaroni".

From left to right: Countess Patrizia de Blanck, her daughter Baroness Giada Drommi de Blanck, Prince Ascanio Pacelli standing behind his wife Katia Pedrotti and Prince Carlo Giovanelli.

DIVAeDONNA

Jacaranda Caracciolo Falck with her late father Prince Carlo Caracciolo.

Jacaranda, who's married to Prince Fabio Borghese, stated officially that Prince Carlo Caracciolo was her biological father. Her mother got pregnant with her when she was still married to the late Italian steel baron Giorgio Falck. Then Prince Caracciolo adopted her after Giorgio's death.

DIVAeDONNA

Last edited:
de blancks and Pacelli (Ascanio) are so non-representative of the italian nobility.. it's very sad the place they find in italian medias! Drommi has got a title?

He is (?was?) Baron.

Last edited by a moderator:
I confirm you that de Blanck and Drommi are not noble, or recognised in Italy.
Many years ago, when Patrizia was not so popular, she styled herself Baroness, after she became popular and also her title "increased", she is now Countess!!!
They are part of the so called in French "noblesse d'apparence", their famili names "sounds" noble but they are not...

Wasn't her (legal) father, Guillermo de Blanck, a Count?

I read that Guillermo De Blanck has often been referred as a Cuban Count.
Well, it was prior to Fidel, of course...;)

However Patrizia herself once said in an interview that her and her brother Dario were both born of a relationship her mother Lloyd Dario (a descendant of a Venetian doge) had with one of Mussolini's illegitimate sons.

Also Patrizia has been often referred as Countess...
Guillermo de Blanck y Menocal was a Cuban Ambassador but this family does not exist in the Spanish list of the noble families and Cuba, for nobility, refers to Spain.
A Count/Countess Lloyd Dario does not exist in the uk or Italy. Also the first name of a cousin of mine is Dario, but it does not mean that he is a descendent of the Venitian family Dario!
A Baron Drommi does not exist in Italy.
The history of Mussolini is the example of how rich is the imagination of Italians!
A Baron Drommi does not exist in Italy.

Thanks for claryfing, Count! I wonder why the Italian journalists do not check their source prior to write or air wrong infos.:nonono:

Anyway a fake aristocrat is less harmful than a fake dentist ;) (both categories seem to be plentiful in our parts!), so from now on we'll be ignoring this lady and her progenie. But since the pics I posted include also the Pacellis and Giovanelli, who are real aristocrats, I won't remove them.

What about the descendants of the Venetian doges, Count? Are they regarded as nobles? Since Venice was a Republic were the doges entitled to any noble title? I often happened to read interviews with Mrs. Nani Mocenigo, whose ancestor (or her husband's?) was a doge, she's referred as a noble woman, but her title has never been mentioned.
Thanks in advance!

The only title recognised in Venice during the time of Doges was Patrizio Veneto (Venitian Patrician) with the style of Nobil Homo/Nobil Donna, no Counts or other titles.
The Emperor of Austria granted to all noble families of Venice, upon request, the title of Count. This is the reason why some Venitian families have the title of Count. There are families, that never asked the Emperor to be Count, so they are Patrizi Veneti.
It doesn't matter if they descend from a Doge, the Doge was elected by the Venitian Patricians, it was not a hereditary title.

The same thing happend in Genua, where there was a Doge too. But the families in Genua could receive, upon request, the title of Marquis.

Thanks again for your interesting response, Count!:flowers:

of course Tosca, don't remove the pics..:flowers:
but, continuing to talk aboute fakes...that kunz d'asburgo family??? have they really been adopted by an archduchess )as someone say as only possible way of being habsburgs for them) ?
about de blanck: I'm quite sure they're descendants of the true noble venetian Dario family, but that's by a female ancestor..
finally was already announced on this forum the engagement of prince giovanni gaetani dell'aquila d'aragona with ginevra elkann?

:previous: Lay the blame on dago! ;)

I think one of the prominent figure in nowadays venetian aristocracy is countess Arrivabene Valenti Gonzaga, born princess of Savoy-Aosta.. some other families in xix century Venice?

The Marzotto family of Vicenza, who established a textile factory in Valdagno,and that is amongst today's world leaders in the textile industry.

Incidentally Countess Paola Marzotto is the mother of Beatrice Borromeo the present flame of Pierre Casiraghi;)

Last edited:
And Marta and Matteo Marzotto how are related to Paola?

And Marta and Matteo Marzotto how are related to Paola?
Marta is her mother and Matteo her brother, I'm quite sure.. that's why the Borromeo sisters have a close relationship with Marta, that they all call "nonna" (even the ones that are born from the first wife of count Borromeo)

Marta is the mother of Matteo and Paola. Their father is Count Pietro Marzotto. I guess they have at least six children, but I may be wrong.
Anyway one of these,Annalisa, died of cystic fibrosis at a young age.

Does anyone know more about the Torlonia brothers (wife, children?); Carlo born in 1951 and Giulio born in 1963. Sons of Alessandro Torlonia, Principe di Fucino, and Anna Maria del Drago.

Thanks,
Ronald

they are respectively vice president and manager director of the family bank, Banca del Fucino

Lavinia Borromeo spent one day skiing in Sankt Moritz together with her husband John Philip Elkann and his grand mother Mrs. Marella Agnelli, née Marella Caracciolo of the Princes of Castagneto. Mrs. Agnelli was accompanied by Mario D'Urso an old friend of hers and her late husband's:

DIVAeDONNA

DIVAeDONNA

DIVAeDONNA

DIVAeDONNA

Count, please, can you tell me if Mr. D'Urso is a real noble as I read in mags? Since it's written with a capital D, I presume he's not... Thanks!

Is Elettra a relative of Guglielmo Marconi?
She has to be very very old to be his daughter, he died in 1937 in his 60s...

I would like to know if the third child of Prince Manfred and Princess Vittoria zu Windisch-Graetz, expected for the month of January 2009, was born already?
Thanks for any information!

Giovanni dell'Aquila d'Aragona and Ginevra Elkann got engaged in Rome.

They will get married in Marrakesh on the 25th of April. Ginevra is the sister of John Elkann the vice-president of the FIAT car industry and of Lapo Elkann. She's also the granddaughter of the late Gianni Agnelli and Princess Marella Caracciolo. Her mother Margherita's second husband is the Russian Count Serge de Pahlen.

Ginevra is expecting a baby, who's due in August. (source: dagospia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom