Italian Noble and Princely Families 1: June 2004 - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Olympia is one of my favorite style icons. She was in W magazine alot in the late 1970's, and on the cover 1 or 2'x with her mother in law: Marie Helene de Rothschild. However, in the early 1980's she dissappeared from the magazines. I often wondered what had happened. About 10 years ago, Paris March had an article about David and Olympia. I do not understand french but you could tell by the photo that showed them with their 4 children that something was wrong with one of the girls. She looked like the oldest (Lanvania?) but both parents were walking holding her hands and she had a bonnet/helmet on her head. A few years ago Vanity Fair had an article about the Rothschild family and said that Olympia had been part of hte Paris Social scene in the 1970's, but had withdrawn from public life after the illness of her daughter. I am guessing it's the same one.

You can find a few more photos of Olympia on WWW.Newscom.com. Search David Rothschild.
In addition, in some of the old photos of Princess Caroline's engagement party at Maxim's in 1978 to Phillipe Junot, she is in the background because she and her husband David were seated at the same table with Phillipe and Caroline. I think David at that time was a banking associate of Phillipes.

More photos of Olympia at Corbis: photography, rights, assignment, motion. from the late 1980's or 1990's. Search David Rothschild

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the pictures and links for Olimpia. I also have a few which I'll post when I get back home, but they are tiny.
Olimpia and David's first born had meningitis and was blind. Perhaps this explains her disappearance from the social scene.
By the way, Olimpia, what a name ! She carried it with the proper imperial attitude. Too bad she was not a reigning or reigning to be princess like that other princess with a name born to rule, Victoria...

One Italian princely family that no-one has talked about is that of the Princes of Lampedusa,who lived in Sicily.This family is believed to have become extinct in around 1957.Does anyone have any information?

Aidan.

Royalist0007 said:
One Italian princely family that no-one has talked about is that of the Princes of Lampedusa,who lived in Sicily.This family is believed to have become extinct in around 1957.Does anyone have any information?

Aidan.

Giuseppe Tomasi Lanza di Lampedusa, the duke of Palma di Montichiaro, died in 1957 with no heirs. His name became a household one when in 1958 a writer, Giorgio Bassani discovered the only novel Tomasi had written, called "Il Gattopardo" (the Leopard), that obviously was released as Tomasi's posthoumous work. Director Luchino Visconti based his film, starring Claudia Cardinale, Burt Lancaster and Alain Delon, from that novel, and it become an international cult film.

Tomasi drew his ispiration for his novel, from his family history, and in particular from the life of one of his ancestors who lived at the time Sicily was joined to Italy, and the Savoia royal family took over the Bourbon-Two Sicilies.
the poster

Last edited:
Beatrice contro tutti - Foto e Gossip
Beatrice Borromeo in an interview presented by website gossip.it has expressed her negative opinion about tv and people who go there with the aim to be only speak about and to be shown.

On April 3rd Count Luca Geatani Lovatelli d'Aragona, aged 52, was found dead under the Garibaldi Bridge in downtown Rome.

This was the third tragic event that struck this noble and ancient Roman family, as many years ago one of his brothers died in a parachuting accident.

A couple of year ago, two days before Christmas another brother of his, Count Roffredo, who was linked to Ivana Trump for some years, and worked as a Ferrari car imported in the U.S.A., died in a car accident in Southern Tuscany.

His brother Count Gelasio is a wine producer in Tuscany. Their aunt was Baroness Afdera Franchetti, Henry Fonda's second wife.

Gelasio Gaetani Lovatelli

There's also a gallery at:Olycom. Also Getty Images has pics for the GLdA family with Ivana Trump and other celebrities, including Lapo Agnelli, Gelasio's close friend.

Last edited:
carlota said:
well, in fact they didn't govern it. they were just powerful people in florence and owned the most important buildings in florence.

Well, they actually did govern the city later as Grand Dukes of Tuscany.

Fashion designer Anna Molinari of Blumarine. She became a countess by marrying the late count Giampaolo Tarabini.

Olycom

Last edited:
Thank you so much iloveroyals! Olympia could really rival Caroline in those years.

Indeed ! But she didn't age as well, and I always wonder why.

Prince Lornezo Borgese is not going to marry any women that he had spent time with on the bachelor. He seems like a guy but why would you want to be on national television? I guess to promote the family business well I might be wrong but going on a reality show seems kinda of hopeless to me. There are good women out there that are not going reality shows to get 15 minutues of fame.Most them only wanted he because he was a prince how about his personality and his mentality that what should be the focus. Those ladies wanted a fairy tale but it ended to being that way like they say some things were not meant to be.

Count Gaddo della Gherardesca sitting next to anchorwoman Cesara Bonamici at a party in Rome. He was rumoured to have been very close to the Duchess of York after she divorced Prince Andrew.

Prince Carlo Giovanelli at Gina Lollobrigida's birthday party in Rome.
Dagospia
Dagospia1

Countess Patrizia de Blank celebrating Gina's 80th birthday:
Dagospia2
with journalist Massimo Giletti

Patrizia's mother Venetian marquise Lloyd Dario was rumored to have been the illegitimate daughter of the last Austrian Emperor. In a recent interview Patrizia stated she's also a relative of Italian dictator Benito Mussolini.

Count Gaddo della Gherardesca with his daughter Costanza at the presentation of a book on the FERRARI team:

DIVAeDONNA

Roman Prince Carlo Giovanelli posing with actress Elena Russo

DIVAeDONNA

Fortunately, not all the Italian nobles are as you describe them... For instance, I know one who is handsome, elegant, nice, very refined and cultivated. A real gentleman... He works :lol: - even if he's quite rich - and he's not part of the showbiz circle! :)

Trilly said:
the few italian "nobles" left are mainly ridiculous people of the showbiz who try to act in a sophisticated way but end up in being extremely kitch and vulgar!

leonardinha said:
BTW, Katia is expecting a baby.

I know. Hopefully she/he resembles her/his Dad!;) :lol:

leonardinha said:
Well, Katia is not that bad... :D

True, but I like him best!:lol:

Here's a pics of Countess Susanna Rattazzi with daughter Delfina and brother Giovanni Agnelli II in the 60's

Dagospia

She married down. Surely a prince would be the next rung up, not a marquis. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom