Italian Noble and Princely Families 1: June 2004 - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to certain press John and Lavinia Elkann's marriage is rumored to be going through a crisis, just 16 months after...

That's a pity! :(
Where did you find the information, Tosca?

Tosca said:
According to certain press John and Lavinia Elkann's marriage is rumored to be going through a crisis, just 16 months after...

mariamastrazza said:
I've just read this news too, on Tg.com
The news may well be true, but as a rule we should be a bit wary of internet gossip as we don't know the original source.

I just read it on this week's issue of "CHI". It's usually regarded as a reliable source.

Chi

Mmh, I've never trusted "Chi" too much, but it could be right... Lets see what happens!

Tosca said:
I just read it on this week's issue of "CHI". It's usually regarded as a reliable source.

Lavinia and John Elkann, nicknamed Jaki, have denied the rumours of their matrimonial squabbles through the pages of the latest issue of Novella2000.
The couple has spent some days in India during the Christmas Holidays.
Then they showed up at an art exhibiton in Turin few days ago

Here's the short article I read via Dagospia.it

NIENTE CRISI TRA JAKI E LAVINIA
Su Novella 2000 in edicola da domani smentite le voci di crisi tra Jaki Elkann e Lavinia Borromeo. «Assurde», dicono gli intimi della coppia.. «A Natale hanno fatto un romantico viaggio in India da soli, ora stanno arredando la loro casa di Milano, dono di nozze del papà di lei». Pochi giorni fa Jaki e Lavinia sono apparsi sorridenti e sereni anche al vernissage della mostra sui paesaggisti del '700 che si tiene alla Pinacoteca Agnelli del Lingotto di Torino. Jaki, nell'occasione ha tenuto anche un discorso. «Un felice esempio», ha detto il vicepresidente della Fiat, «della missione culturale di questo spazio voluto da mio nonno, Gianni».

Does anyone have links to videos of the wedding or anything to do with the Elkanns? Just recently read an article on Lapo in the February 2006 issue of Vanity Fair, which was really interesting.

Madraga said:
Does anyone have links to videos of the wedding or anything to do with the Elkanns? Just recently read an article on Lapo in the February 2006 issue of Vanity Fair, which was really interesting.

Lapo Elkann (John's brother) with his present sweetheart Brazilian model Magda Gomes (source CHI)

lapoma39cp.jpg

"Ascanio Pacelli" the great-grandson of Pope Pacelli, is he a Prince? It's true or wrong?
Sorry if I mistake :)

Ascanio is the great-grand nephew of Pope Pius XII. I think his name is Ascanio dei Principi Pacelli.
I guess he's an aristocrat, though not a royal, but I might be wrong...

I too just read the Vanity Fair article and I am very happy that I accidentally found this thread! :D In the article it mentioned that Lapo was dating an Italian movie star - I guess that is over now? And are there any recent pictures of John and Lavinia?

Here are the most recent pics of Lavinia and Jaki appeared on last week's issue of NOVELLA 200. They were attending an art exhibition in Turin together with Jaki's maternal grandmother, Donna (Lady) Marella Caracciolo, and her cousin Donna Allegra Caracciolo who is also Donna Marella's sister-in-law, since she married Umberto Agnelli, Gianni Agnelli's younger brother.

lavijaki0ua.png

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5387/lavijaki0ua.png

Sorry I can't scan the mag!:( :mad:

John Elkan, Lavinia Borromeo and Lapo Elkan take part to a ceremony marking the second anniversary of the death Fiat chairman Gianni Agnelli, in central Turin
John Elkan (R), his wife Lavinia Borromeo and his brother Lapo Elkan (L) take part to a ceremony marking the second anniversary of the death of their uncle, Fiat chairman Gianni Agnelli, in central Turin January 24, 2005. Fiat will not exercise an option to sell its car unit to General Motors for at least another nine days, to give the groups more time to settle a spat over its validity, the Italian company said Monday (corbis)

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9309/dwf1511158711dc.jpg

ok so i recently heard on an italian programme that principe fulco ruffo di calabria, queen paola's nephew and the one who went to 'l'isola dei famosi' is back with his wife melba with whom he was seperated, if not divorced. any confirmation?

also, on sorrisi tv canzoni one finds that olivia wilde, currently playing as alex kelly in the oc, is wedded to tao ruspoli, son of debra berger and dado ruspoli

nokklav said:
ok so i recently heard on an italian programme that principe fulco ruffo di calabria, queen paola's nephew and the one who went to 'l'isola dei famosi' is back with his wife melba with whom he was seperated, if not divorced. any confirmation?

also, on sorrisi tv canzoni one finds that olivia wilde, currently playing as alex kelly in the oc, is wedded to tao ruspoli, son of debra berger and dado ruspoli

According to "CHI" magazine he meets Melba every now and then, but there were no photos of them together...
I had the chance to see Melba some years ago in Salsomaggiore. She was one of the guests attending the "MISS ITALIA" beauty contest. She's a fantastically beautiful woman. She looks much more beautiful than she appears in pictures or on the TV. One of the most beautiful people I've ever seen.

Tosca said:
According to "CHI" magazine he meets Melba every now and then, but there were no photos of them together...
I had the chance to see Melba some years ago in Salsomaggiore. She was one of the guests attending the "MISS ITALIA" beauty contest. She's a fantastically beautiful woman. She looks much more beautiful than she appears in pictures or on the TV. One of the most beautiful people I've ever seen.

well she looks like a very beautiful lady. i remember seeing her at tappetto volante. where was she recently, i eard she was in spian with a new man. did she marry him?

"CHI" mag reported she married a Spanish businessman a couple of years ago.

BTW, Kyara (Amedeo of Savoy's mistress) was at "LA VITA IN DIRETTA again yesterday. She's getting boring!!!

Some newspaper are reporting about a certain so-called princess Yasmin von Hohenstaufen. In fact the family von Hohenstaufen has died in the 13th or the 14th century and this Yasmin is not at all a princess, nor are people of her family.

I'm reporting this news here as I read it in Point de Vue and as Yasmin sees herself as an heir of the Sicily (or another Italian place) throne.

Danielane said:
Some newspaper are reporting about a certain so-called princess Yasmin von Hohenstaufen. In fact the family von Hohenstaufen has died in the 13th or the 14th century and this Yasmin is not at all a princess, nor are people of her family.

I'm reporting this news here as I read it in Point de Vue and as Yasmin sees herself as an heir of the Sicily (or another Italian place) throne.
She's been popping up a bit lately. I don't understand why anyone gives her any credibility whatsoever. The last of the male line died in 1272; the last time a Hohenstaufen held the throne of Sicily was in 1266. If she thinks she is a rightful heir to Sicily after 840 years she's living in fantasy-land.

Danielane said:

Why not re-establish the Emirate of Sicily, or the Roman Empire?:D :D :D

Warren said:
She's been popping up a bit lately. I don't understand why anyone gives her any credibility whatsoever. The last of the male line died in 1272; the last time a Hohenstaufen held the throne of Sicily was in 1266. If she thinks she is a rightful heir to Sicily after 840 years she's living in fantasy-land.

She produced on her website a very funny genealogical tree, I was laughing alone when reading it...

Tosca said:
Why not re-establish the Emirate of Sicily, or the Roman Empire?:D :D :D
Why stop there? There must be a rightful claimant to the Moorish Sultanate/Kingdom of Granada. I think they should stake a claim too! Surely it's about time that Prince Vittorio Emanuele restated the Savoy claim to the Kingdom of Cyprus? Not forgetting Prince Carlos Hugo, who could launch a Bourbon-Parma campaign for the restoration of the Kingdom of Etruria. :)

Warren said:
Why stop there? There must be a rightful claimant to the Moorish Sultanate/Kingdom of Granada. I think they should stake a claim too! Surely it's about time that Prince Vittorio Emanuele restated the Savoy claim to the Kingdom of Cyprus? Not forgetting Prince Carlos Hugo, who could launch a Bourbon-Parma campaign for the restoration of the Kingdom of Etruria. :)

That seems a very good claim here! I shall approve and sustain a campagn about it. :D

Here's the latest picture of John and Lavinia Elkann. According to "CHI" magazine, their marriage would be going on the rocks, though they still keep on appearing together at various events. The article also reads she doesn't wear her wedding ring anymore. (source CHI via Dagospia)
ot102b.jpg

I read on the TG5 website that Donna (Lady) Lavinia is five months pregnant.
This would stop any conjectures about her being at loggerheads with her husband John Philip Elkann. (source TGcom)
sfe55i.jpg

Semiramide_Appiani said:
Here is some information about Alessandro de' Medici, who is fathered by Giulio de' Medici a.k.a. Pope Clement VII.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sh...ous/medici.html

Dear Semiramide Appiani! If you ever read this, I want to thank you for posting this link! It lead to some wonderful stories about interracial marriages and biracial people. Even though I myself have no other ancestry than Swedish for several centuries (and my sister has done researches), and even though I don't have any man of another race, or any man at all, for that matter, even though I have been in love with some black guys, this issue captures me enough to write novels about it. Once again, thank you!

Tosca said:
I read on the TG5 website that Donna (Lady) Lavinia is five months pregnant.
This would stop any conjectures about her being at loggerheads with her husband John Philip Elkann. (source TGcom)

Do keep us posted! This family's intriguing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard of Prince Lorenzo Borghese?

He is the new ABC bachelor and they say he is an Italian prince. I can't find that much information on him. Here is a link that talks a little about it:

http://realitytv.about.com/b/a/257720.htm

He's kinda cute and I'm interested in seeing his personality. They are having auditions for the girls here in Dallas sometime this week. I think I would audition just to get a chance to meet him, but I am already married. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom