Duke Carlos Javier and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma 1: August 2010- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
344px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_House_of_Bourbon-Parma.svg.png

Arms of the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma

A new thread to discuss HRH Duke Carlos Xavier (Javier)
Duke of Parma and Piacenza, Head of the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma

Succeeded to the Headship on the death of his father HRH Duke Carlos Hugo in August 2010

The thread to discuss the late Duke can be found here.
The thread to discuss Spain, Carlist political activity and the Montejura shootings can be found here.
A previous thread about Carlos Xavier can be found here.

  

Last edited by a moderator:
As of now, the heir apparent is his brother Jaime.

I know Javier has an out of wedlock child with Bridgitte Klynestra (if I got the spelling wrong, my mistake); but has he recognized the child? If so, wouldn't that make the child their heir to the Dukedom?

Carlos Xavier didn't recognize his son (himself Carlos); he never denied that he is Carlos' father, but he also never legally recognized him as his son.
Btw, even if he had legally recognized his son, Carlos can't be considered as Carlos Xavier's heir, because Carlos was born ot of wedlock and Carlos Xavier and Birgitte aren't married.

As of now, the heir apparent is his brother Jaime.

I know Javier has an out of wedlock child with Bridgitte Klynestra (if I got the spelling wrong, my mistake); but has he recognized the child? If so, wouldn't that make the child their heir to the Dukedom?

Jaime does not have a child out of wedlock child.At all.Carlos has,and didn't recognise it as the
mother just wanted him to father a child,nothing else.The child is a beautifull boy now and the
spitting image of his father when he was that age.

:bourbonparma:

The religious wedding between HRH Duke Carlos Xavier and Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel will take place in Brussels
on november 20th.This is in accordance with the Duke's late father's wish to have the religious wedding this year.
The couple is already married in a civil ceremony last june which already makes them recognised as legally married
here.For dynastic reasons the couple will have to marry in a religious ceremony also,and so they'll be at the abbey
on the 2oth.

Last edited:
Does HRH Duke Carlos Xavier have any contact with this child. Does the child know that he is his father? Sounds rather strange to me that you would recognize a child but not do so legally?

Does HRH Duke Carlos Xavier have any contact with this child. Does the child know that he is his father? Sounds rather strange to me that you would recognize a child but not do so legally?

There are stranger things in life,I'm sure.He said he is the father yes,but no,it will not be recognised as a dynast.
That was not/is not the wish of the mother either.Hope this answer will do before this thread turns in the case of
the little boy who is really a happy and handsome young lad now.
It is a non issue here,the mother wished a child fathered by Carlos and that's it.It is their business and theirs solo.
Maybe not everyones way of approach but it was theirs and one has to respect that.

Last edited:
The Duke and his siblings lived up to their promess to return to Parma quickly.
The appointment was for october 1st and 2nd and would include a Ball.The children
of the late Duke Carlos were all in Parma last weekend but changed the the program as instead of a ball there was a
concert as the Family is still in mourning.

The Family also attended memorial Masses at Parma and at Piacenza
followed in each city by the bestowing Orders,the Real Ordine del Merito in Piacenza,the Constantinian Order of St.Georg in Parma.

The Duke and his siblings have kept their promiss to return to Parma and Piacenza soon as they stayed there on october 1st and 2nd and attended Memorial services for their late father and the Duke bestowed Orders in each city.

TRH Prince Jaime and Princess Margarita celebrated their 38th birthday yesterday.The twins were born at the Radboud University Hospital,Nijmegen The Netherlands as the second son and first daughter to TRH Prince Carlos Hugo and Princess Irene.

Duchess Annemarie was created a Countess by the late Duke of Parma shortly before he passed away.

Duchess Annemarie was created a Countess by the late Duke of Parma shortly before he passed away.

But before or after her marriage? And why? Was it done with a written document?

But before or after her marriage? And why? Was it done with a written document?
On their civil wedding,and it was written down in a document for the B-P House archive,yes.And why not?Exactly.It was up to Carlos Hugo to decide without asking permission to any poster anywhere.He was the Head of the House so it was his decision to grace Annemarie with a title.
Btw,she is already legally married thus the present Duchess of Parma,the traditional religious ceremony is next month.:)

Thanks for the details. Asking why, I was wondering why creating a countess somebody that the very same day is becoming a princess. If it was before the wedding, that could have meant that the late duke wanted to save the tradition of marrying into, at least, nobility. But now I know it was the very same day! Being created a countess on your wedding day is typical of morganatic marriages, but again this is a bad explanation, since you knows that the family regards at her as the new duchess.

Another possible explanation is that, if Carlos and Annemarie's marriage failed, she would retain at least a comital title.

She is forunate to recieve a title before her marriage not many commoners who marry into royal and even nobele families get any other titles other than one they recieve through marriage.

The late Duke already changed some things with the titles by giving his 2nd son an courtesy title (Count of Bardi) and his daughters too (Countess of Colorno and Marchioness of Sala). Probably he created his new daughter-in-law a countess for the same reason as he gave a courtesy title to his younger children.

:dutchstandard::swedenstandard::bourbonparma:
HRH The Duke of Parma,Chair of INSID,will attend and speech at the reception and Gala on occasion of the
50th anniversary of the Dutch - Swedish Chamber of Commerce,Noordwijk The Netherlands october 28th.

TRH The Prince of Orange,his cousin,and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will be in attendance as guests of honour.

Swedish Chamber of Commerce in The Netherlands

Louis XIV descendant sues over Japan pop art in Versailles

The suit is being brought by prince Sixte-Henri de Bourbon-Parme in defence of "respecting the chateau and ancestors" while the "people", represented by seven visitors, are suing to defend the "right to access to heritage."
"By exhibiting at Versailles, artists benefit from an added value. We're not against the modernity of art but against a way of thinking that denatures and does French culture no good," the prince said.
In 2008, his nephew, prince Charles-Emmanuel de Bourbon-Parme, tried to get a show featuring US artist Jeff Koons's bright and bizarre sculptures banned, saying it dishonoured his family's past, but the courts dismissed his bid. - AFP

:dutchstandard::swedenstandard::bourbonparma:
HRH The Duke of Parma,Chair of INSID,will attend and speech at the reception and Gala on occasion of the
50th anniversary of the Dutch - Swedish Chamber of Commerce,Noordwijk The Netherlands october 28th.

TRH The Prince of Orange,his cousin,and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will be in attendance as guests of honour.

Swedish Chamber of Commerce in The Netherlands

TRH this evening:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE

Duke Carlos attended the national readingday of Z at the library and NEMO in
Amsterdam together with Princess Laurentien today, November 11, 2010.

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

More information can also be found here.

A week from tomorrow is the wedding in Brussels,his best man will be his cousin Prince Constantijn,youngest son of HM Queen Beatrix.
Princess Laurentien said so as the Duke was best man at their wedding too.It will be a huge turn-out of the Dutch RF at the Abbey.:)

According to 'De Nederlandsche Leeuw' , both Carlos as Annemarie descend from King Edward I of England (1239-1307)

The website of the Dutch Royal Family announces today that HM and TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima
as well as other memebrs of the RF will be in attendance saturday at the Ter Kameren Abbey,Brussels.

Prince Sixtus-Henri was his usual charming self and instead of congratulating his nephew duke Carlos Xavier with his marriage, he issued a statement declaring that the marriage is non dynastic.

On his website he this time left the Duchess' not-noble background for what it is, but according to him the duke's children will lose succesion rights in Spain ánd Parma because the duke & duchess had a civil wedding in The Netherlands (before the religious wedding in Belgium). He says that a civil wedding for catholics is not valid.

The prince failed to explain why his nephew lost dynastic rights when he also married in church later on. But well... logic and Sixte-Henri don't always go well together.

Note that this is the 3rd time that Carlos is supposedly losing his rights. Before Sixte's objection was that duke Carlos-Hugo betrayed Carlism (how carlism and the Parma succession go together was not explained ;))... and somehow his sons also lost their rights by extention. And after that Carlos Javier lost his rights a 2nd time because he married a commonor. And now he is losing them for a 3rd time... it seems that Sixte-Henri isn't too sure about himself claiming to be the chef of the Bourbon-Parma's (neither are most others of course :whistling:).

Last edited:
Parma claims and the Carlist claims are totally different and separate matters.

I actually am not sure that the personal union of the Kingdom of Spain and the Dukedom of Parma may be possible (in theory, of course, if Carlos was Reigning Duke of Parma and also Reigning Carlist King of Spain - in practice it's likely that he won't be acknowledged nor as Reigning Duke nor as Reigning King), in the same way it's not possible a personal union of the (former) Kingdom of the Two Sicilies and the Kingdom of Spain.
But I'm not sure whether the prohibition of the personal union was only for the Two Sicilies and Spain or also for Parma and Spain.

:bourbonparma:
His Royal Highness the Duke of Parma turns 41 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom