Duke Carlos Javier and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma 1: August 2010- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
She died from COVID 19 from the nurse who took care of her sisters Cecile and Marie des Neiges ... Sad very Sad

She died from COVID 19 from the nurse who took care of her sisters Cecile and Marie des Neiges ... Sad very Sad

Hopefully her sisters aren't ill in that case, as it seemed their health wasn't as good as Maria Teresa's.

Wonderful article I never knew about the King Baudouin rumours,may she rest in peace.

Can you imagine a Marie-Thérèse de Bourbon de Parme with her family in Belgium, her brother Carlos-Hugo de Bourbon de Parme with his family in the Netherlands and her 6 cousins-germains with their families in Luxembourg? A Bourbon-Parma cluttering in the Benelux.

I am not sure how serious that rumour was about a marriage of King Baudouin with Princess Marie-Thérèse. I think Baudouin has been named with almost all possible Catholic princesses anyway.

Last edited:
You were not born , but a lot of magazine Covers about King Baudouin and Marie Thérèse de Bourbon Parme.
The 3 Princesses went to our very last Bal de la Cour in 1958!

The article stated that Marie Thérèse de Bourbon Parma was a devout Catholic which she would have indeed had in common with the late King Baudouin.

You were not born , but a lot of magazine Covers about King Baudouin and Marie Thérèse de Bourbon Parme.
The 3 Princesses went to our very last Bal de la Cour in 1958!

Magazine covers may be rumours. But how serious? Has King Baudouin ever had anything more with princess Marie-Thérèse than being one of the guests on a Court Ball ?

We all remember the magazines with Don Felipe and Tatiana von and zu Liechtenstein. Not true. Or the covers of Willem-Alexander with Alexia of Greece. Not true. Or Charles with Marie Astrid. Not true.

Look at this. "Official!" "Engagement next week!"
Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTmrP2tW4AEukuT.jpg

Is there any picture of King Baudouin with princess Marie-Thérèse in any romantic setting?

. The Duke of Parma:

[...]

"The death of our dear aunt is a great loss and we are deeply saddened. Princess María Teresa has long been intensively involved in the struggle for democratization, social justice and freedom in Spain. In that life mission she supported both her own father and her brother - our father- Prince Carlos Hugo.

She also rendered great services to science as a sociologist and anthropologist by writing several books on political and social developments in France, Spain, Latin America and Italy, among others. We greatly admire our aunt for her erudition and dedication, to always be committed to people, peace and prosperity in the world.

Above all, we will unbelievably miss her commitment, support and love. We cherish the beautiful memories we and our children had with her.

María Teresa died in peace. We wish our dear aunt this rest, per sempre. "

[...]

In Italian :

https://borboneparma.it/index.php/it/

Last edited by a moderator:
. The Duke of Parma:

[...]

"The death of our dear aunt is a great loss and we are deeply saddened. Princess María Teresa has long been intensively involved in the struggle for democratization, social justice and freedom in Spain. In that life mission she supported both her own father and her brother - our father- Prince Carlos Hugo.

She also rendered great services to science as a sociologist and anthropologist by writing several books on political and social developments in France, Spain, Latin America and Italy, among others. We greatly admire our aunt for her erudition and dedication, to always be committed to people, peace and prosperity in the world.

Above all, we will unbelievably miss her commitment, support and love. We cherish the beautiful memories we and our children had with her.

María Teresa died in peace. We wish our dear aunt this rest, per sempre. "

[...]

I wonder whether Carlos means that she received the last sacraments when he wrote that 'MT died in peace'.

I was reading that one of her godparents was the late Empress Zita of Austria.

I wonder whether Carlos means that she received the last sacraments when he wrote that 'MT died in peace'.

I think so, with Corona there is a period of developing illness, of course. I understood that this "Red Princess" had a Foi sincère and was faithful to the Catholic Church. Almost for sure she received the Last Sacrament. The last alinea of the Duke's announcement was quite religious:

"Ora è morta: in pace.(Now she is dead: in peace.)

In the Roman Canon, the first Eucharistic Prayer reminds us that deceased Christians are those who rest in a deep and beautiful sleep of peace (dormiunt in somno pacis), until they wake up to see someone who loves them: God himself.

There is no more beautiful and hopeful vision of life after death. We wish our dear aunt this peace, per sempre (for ever).

Last edited:

Died in peace is a pretty common phrase. Dying peacefully, not a tragic sudden accidental death.

But considering she was a devoted catholic, if a priest was available, yes it would be a shock if she didn't receive last rights.

Died in peace is a pretty common phrase. Dying peacefully, not a tragic sudden accidental death.

But considering she was a devoted catholic, if a priest was available, yes it would be a shock if she didn't receive last rights.

Based on what I've heard about covid-19, it is far from a 'peaceful death' (it's like death by suffocation as apparently the patients are desperate for breath; many doctors describe it as one of the worst possible - even more so since mostly family members are not allowed nearby, so many patients die alone), that's why I wondered whether Carlos referred to the last rites she might have received.

The closest links from María Teresa to her contemporains Jean and Juan Carlos.

TO LUXEMBOURG

Jean de Nassau, Grand-Duc de Luxembourg, prince de Bourbon de Parme
|
Félix de Bourbon, prince de Parme x Charlotte de Nassau, Grande-Duchesse de Luxembourg
|
Robert de Bourbon, duc de Parme x Maria Antónia de Bragança, Infanta de Portugal
|
Xavier de Bourbon, duc de Parme x Madeleine de Bourbon-Busset
|
Marie-Thérèse de Bourbon, princesse de Parme

TO SPAIN

Juan Carlos de Borbón, Rey de España
|
Maria Mercedes di Borbone, principessa delle Due Sicilie x Juan de Borbón, Infante de España, Conde de Barcelona
|
Carlo Tancredi di Borbone, principe delle Due Sicilie x Louise d'Orléans, princesse de France
|
Alfonso di Borbone, principe delle Due Sicilie, conte di Caserta x Maria Antonietta di Borbone, principessa delle Due Sicilie
|
Ferdinando II di Borbone, Re delle Due Sicilie x Maria Theresia von Habsburg Lothringen, Erzherzogin von Österreich
|
Francesco I di Borbone, Re delle Due Sicilie x Maria-Klementina von Habsburg-Lothringen, Erzherzogin von Österreich
|
Maria Carolina di Borbone, principessa delle Due Sicilie x Charles Ferdinand de Bourbon, prince de France, duc de Berry
|
Louise de Bourbon, princesse de France x Carlo III di Borbone, duca di Parma
|
Robert de Bourbon, duc de Parme x Maria Antónia de Bragança, Infanta de Portugal
|
Xavier de Bourbon, duc de Parme x Madeleine de Bourbon-Busset
|
Marie Thérèse de Bourbon, princesse de Parme

Last edited:
Did the Funeral take place yet?

Such as for their Brother Carlos Hugo, Françoise and Sixte will not attend.
Cecile and Marie Thérèse are too frail.
Only her Brothers 4 Children ! Perhaps Princess Irene ?

Did the Funeral take place yet?

It was scheduled for Friday, so I assume it did. I expect a memorial service to be held once the restrictions are lifted. Carlos will certainly want to celebrate/commemorate his aunt's life. Probably they'll combine it with their yearly pilgrimage to Italy?!

I assume they will have a Memorial Mass for the late Princess once the restrictions are lifted.

Are people still allowed to cross the border?
I suppose her Lobcowicz nephew might have been able to attend as he is living in France.

Are people still allowed to cross the border?
I suppose her Lobcowicz nephew might have been able to attend as he is living in France.

Crossing the border is possible for urgent reasons.
If not possible: Prince Sixte-Henri lives in Lignières (Var), Princess Marie-Françoise and her son Prince Charles-Henri de Lobkowicz live in Bozst (Allier). But I do not know if they were close to their sister and if they are the ones to organize the funeral.

This would be another opportunity to heal the rift in the Bourbon-Parma family.

I believe the relations between CH Lobkowicz and his Dutch cousins seem to be cordial enough.
As for the older generation: I do not know if the 4 remaining siblings have reconciled yet, but if they didn't it is unlikely that it will ever happen at this point. It is not evident either that prince Sixte will overcome his 5-decade old hatred of his brother & by extension of his brother's children.

Is Charles-Henri de Lobkowicz married?

Is Charles-Henri de Lobkowicz married?

Still unmarried.
See: https://www.beaumonde.nl/royalty/schnabbel-babbel-onbekende-adel-moet-ook-leven

The Prince walks in front of the mediaeval Château de Vieux-Boszt
https://image1.lamontagne.fr/photoSRC/VVNUJ1paUTgIBhVOCRAHHQ4zRSkXaldfVR5dW1sXVA49/3755860.jpeg

His mother, Princess Marie-Françoise de Lobkowicz née De Bourbon de Parme lives at the newer Château de Boszt
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Chateau_du_Bostz_Besson_01.jpg

Last edited:
He is a jetsetter who tries to make money because he has to renovate 3 Castles.

He is a jetsetter who tries to make money because he has to renovate 3 Castles.

Like any aristocrat with an old castle, Charles-Henri has to find enough income somehow. He receives no dotation. Maybe he has income from rents, investments, etc. But now with the corona crisis his investments will have zero rendement.

His four Dutch cousins have the same problem. They receive no any dotation either. And their lifestyle costs money. Also their investments will have zero rendement this year.

Only Princess Maria Carolina has married a very wealthy partner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom