HRH Duke Amedeo (1943-2021) and the Savoy-Aosta Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julia

Royal Highness
HRH Duke Amedeo d'Aosta and the Savoy-Aosta Family

SavoyArmsofDukeAmedeoofSavoy-Aosta2.jpg

Arms of HRH The Duke of Aosta

¤ ¤ ¤

Last edited by a moderator:
Official! Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta Engaged with Princess Olga of Greece!

http://www.monarchia.it/home.htm

FIDANZAMENTI REALI:
AIMONE DI SAVOIA E OLGA DI GRECIA

S.A.R. Il Duca d'Aosta ha dato oggi la notizia del fidanzamento di suo figlio S.A.R. il Principe Aimone Savoia-Aosta, Duca delle Puglie, con S.A.R. la Principessa Olga di Grecia, figlia del Principe Michele di Grecia.

L'U.M.I. e FERT si uniscono alla gioia degli augusti Principi e si congratulano vivamente.

------------------------

REAL ENGAGEMENT:
AIMONE OF SAVOIA and OLGA OF GREECE

HRH The Duke of Aosta has today announced the news of the engagement of his son HRH Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta, Duke of Apulia, with HRH Princess Olga of Greece, daughter of Prince Michel of Greece.

The U.M.I. and FERT join lively to the joy of the princes and congratulate.

from royal-portal forum..posted by netty

Various Italian Royals: News and Pictures

Hello

I want to say that yesterday and today i saw in RAI UNO the interview that the duke made about his new son and his life. What do you know about his new son and his new "girlfriend"? Thanks.

Duke Amedeo had a relationship with a German Duchess who has declared they have been living together and they planned to have the child she's waiting, although Amedeo said that he didn't want to get divorce from his wife. His wife, Silvia Paternò, has forgotten him.

mariamastrazza said:
Amedeo said that he didn't want to get divorce from his wife. His wife, Silvia Paternò, has forgotten him.
That should say "His wife...has forgiven him."

the other woman is german? To me, she was italian in her speaking.:confused:

Tosca said:
She's an Italian-Dutch duchess named Kyara van Ellinkhuizen. She's 38 and is involved in the film industry, and has a 15 y/o daughter from a previous marriage.
She's NOT a duchess. An uninformed article wrote she was a duchess as she was going to have a child with the duke of Aosta, but she's not a duchess.
The real duchess of Aosta is Donna Silvia Paterno di Spedalotto.

I meant she's a duchess of her own, not for her relationship with the duke of Aosta :)

mariamastrazza said:
I meant she's a duchess of her own, not for her relationship with the duke of Aosta :)
Duchess of ... ? The Netherlands doesn't have dukes and duchesses in its Nobility, so what is her Italian ducal title?

Warren said:
Duchess of ... ? The Netherlands doesn't have dukes and duchesses in its Nobility, so what is her Italian ducal title?

The press here reported she's a duchess. Perhaps she became a duchess by her previous marriage...:confused:

Warren said:

judging from her last name she isn't even noble, and definately not a dutch duchess indeed, the only one we have is the Duchess of Limburg, which is the Queen.

The press reported wrong, assuming she was a duchess because of her relation with the duke of Aosta and she's NOT a duchess in her own right.

i saw her on tv

i was watching italian state tv this afternoon, a programme called 'la vita in diretta' on rai uno. kyara was there, going around christmas markets in milan and being interviewed by an italian journalist who works for this programme whom kyara called her friend.

the father of her 'almost adolescent daughter' (i quote) was their too. her daughter is named letizia and the ex-couple seem to have a lovely relationship.

kyara said she did not hear from amedeo this last week, and she's been going through different ups and downs. honestly, but this is just my impression, she does not seem a very happy lady at the moment.

she said her daughter is enthusiastic to have a baby brother. and she also recounted the episode when she became aware of her pregnancy. appearently it was ferragosto, 15th august. her daughter and ex partner were on holiday in the nearby of where kyara and amedeo were. she found out late at night and immediately phoned her daughter. she, and ex partner (i am sorry he had a bit of a complicated name and i forgot it) recounted that all 4 (kyara, amedeo, her daughter and her daddy were all very happy). her ex is supporting her throughout the pregnancy. but i do not think she has a very good relationship with amedeo, at least at the moment.

sorry i have no written source. i saw on this tv station, but she was there recounting it.

i do not know if she is noble or not but she has a regal figure. very elegant. and tummy is getting quite big!! btw it was a live interview at her house in milan.

thanks for your report nokklav! Somehow I never expected a scandal like this for the Aosta branch of the family :( The Prince of Naples must have had a good laugh about this (in private), considering his relationship with his cousin.

Yes, that's exactly what I thought too when I learned the news.
BTW, Emanuele and Clotilde seem to behave more regal than the Prince of Naples.

nokklav said:
i was watching italian state tv this afternoon, a programme called 'la vita in diretta' on rai uno.
I sometimes happen to watch that programme, although I think I have missed what seems to be the 2nd interview she gave on the Italian state tv. She's hosted pretty often by "La vita in diretta", just like Daniel Ducruet...

Marengo said:
thanks for your report nokklav! Somehow I never expected a scandal like this for the Aosta branch of the family :( The Prince of Naples must have had a good laugh about this (in private), considering his relationship with his cousin.

I think his cousin must be rather accustomed to the scandals involving Amedeo, as he's said to have had other children by his mistresses.

I happened to read a few line in an article about Kyara van Ellinkhuzen's father in Italian mag "DIPIU" the other day.

Well, like some of you stated here he isn't a duke at all. He's a 66y/o painter named Berthus, who told the interviewer that he hasn't seen his daughter since 1990. And that he doesn't approve his daughter telling about her private life in a TV show.

According to today's TV news, Kyara van Ellinkhuizen is going to sue Amedeo di Savoia-Aosta for making their relationship and her pregnancy public.

I was watching the TV just a moment ago. There was Kyara Van Ellinkhuizen being hosted by "La vita in diretta" once again.
She said she hasn't been feeling well lately because she's being kept under pressure by Amedoe's lawyers.
She was in the company of a man who's acting as a-go-between with Amedeo, and is trying to get in touch with him, but he seems to be unreacheable.
BTW she's expecting a daughter.

I cannot understand why the interviewers are still going on calling her "duchessina", that is duke's daughter in English, if she isn't of noble stock.

she's making a tv show now...too much! always 'grumbling' on tv and saying about her condition...

Kyara was on Tv again yesterday. She's expecting a baby girl, whose name will be Ginevra.

i read on the franco iberian mb that on gente there is an article saying kyara's daughter will be born with downs syndrome. tosca, especially you, any confirmation...
thanks!

Sorry, nokklav, I don't read Gente, so I cannot confirm anything. However I happened to hear on TV programme "La Vita in Diretta" on RAI 1, where Kyara seems to have become a household figure, her and her ex-partner Fabrizio d'Alistal, say they needed to contact the Duke of Aosta as soon as possible, bcause there were some problems. Actually they didn't say whether these problems were related to Kyara's pregnancy or money issues...
Kyara also added that shouldn't Amedeo turn up, then she would have talked to the press about these problems. If so the poor kid's illness must be true...:(

I've read on the Italian newspaper Il giornale that Kyara and Amedeo's daughter has down syndrome, too.

poor little kid! i hope they will raise her in the best way possible. she will be born in a difficult situation, and now her condition. anyways, if her mum is intelligent enough, ginevra should have a fairly 'normal' life, as she deserves

I have read also on Netty Royalty's news as follows :
Kyara van Ellinkhuizen, who expects a child with the Duke of Aosta, told the press that the baby will be a girl. She will call her Ginevra. Pre-birth examinations have shown that the girl has Down Syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom