HRH Duke Amedeo (1943-2021) and the Savoy-Aosta Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some old, same old... Anyway, if he were the King, he would have surely made a less boring speech than that of the current President, who, incidentally, happens to look so much like King Umberto II. ;)

HRH Prince Amedeo of Savoy (Duke of Savoy and Head of the Royal House of Savoy) and HRH Princess Silvia of Savoy (Duchess of Savoy) in Madrid at the Italian Institute of Culture remembering his forefather Amedeo I of Spain:

U.M.I. - Unione Monarchica Italiana - News

HRH Prince Amedeo of Savoy is in Kenya to remember his uncle, the third Duke of Aosta. At the event will participate also HIRH Archduchess Margherita of Habsburg-Este (born Princess of Savoy-Aosta) and her son HIRH Arcduke Lorenz, HRH Princess Maria-Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (born Princess of Savoy-Aosta) and her son HRH Prince Alessandro who will concelebrate at the Mass.:

I suppose it is really touching HRh Prince Amedeo goes in Kenya to remember his uncle .The head of the Royal House of Savoy represents in Italy and abroad the traditions of the Dinasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are in Kenia because tomorrow marks the 70th anniversary of the death in prisony of the 3rd Duke of Aosta.
A Mass will be celebrated tomorrow in Nyeri, in the church where the Duke is buried (together with many of his soldiers).

Death of Donna Rosanna Paternò di Regiovanni Bellardo e Ferraris, Marchesa di Reggiovanni, Contessa di Prades e Baronessa di Spedalotto,mother of HRH Princess Silvia of Savoy:

At the funeral today in Torino of Donna Rosanna Paternò di Regiovanni Bellardo e Ferraris, Marchesa di Reggiovanni, Countess di Prades and Baroness di Spedalotto different members of the Royal House of Savoy were present: HRH Prince Amedeo (Head of the Royal House) , HRH Princess Silvia, HRH Crown Prince Aimone, HRH Crown Princess Olga, HRH Princess Mafalda.

Princess Silvia's mother will be buried in Tuscany: U.M.I. - Unione Monarchica Italiana - News

Today I got a christmas card from Amedeo and Silvia. Its so sweet, with a picture with Amedeo jr. and Umberto. So lovely.

If it will be okay with the copyright I will scan it and post the picture here. (Dear Moderators, is it okay?)

Eventually we have a picture with new italian princess! Her gaze is firm and focused.

I suppose that the article would mention their presence, had they attended the celebration.
I also wonder why they celebrated their silver wedding anniversary nearly one year after the actual date (which was 30 March 2012).

:previous:
I was wondering about it too.
A delay of a month or two can be due to various circumstances, but a year seems a bit strange.

The delay is because of the death of one of HRH Princess Silvia's parents.

Apparently they mixed up the pictures of Princess Margherita (aka HIRH Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este) and her sister Princess Maria Cristina (aka HRH Princess Maria Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies); in fact the picture on the left portrays Maria Cristina and the picture on the right portrays Margherita.

He has never been a rich man but he has always try to live with dignity.

Last edited:
Lovely family!
Princes Umberto and Amedeo are so grown up :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom