Duke and Duchess of Calabria and Family 1: June 2003-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she mistakenly thought the event was Monaco Circus, not a Rose Ball. It certainly did not match with the theme, which is Reggae, and certainly an "attention-getter" attire...

Some people will do anything for attention.

Was it her or her mother who was an Actress?

Seeing as to how she probably pays the bills in the marriage, I doubt he's going to complain about anything she wears.

Why do you say that. Did he marry her for her money?

Well, this is what certain press writes.
According to an interview with an Italian celebrity, whose name escapes me now, she referred to this person, so that he could introduce her to a noble single man, because she wanted to add a coat of arms to her name and fortune. She's the daughter of a rich businessman, who died nearly a couple of decades ago. This is how she'd met the man she married.
He had been only just dumped by a well know Italian anchorwoman, instead.

denice said:
Why do you say that. Did he marry her for her money?
I don't know the reasons behind their marriage, but she's loaded.

Tosca said:
Well, this is what certain press writes.
According to an interview with an Italian celebrity, whose name escapes me now, she referred to this person, so that he could introduce her to a noble single man, because she wanted to add a coat of arms to her name and fortune. She's the daughter of a rich businessman, who died nearly a couple of decades ago. This is how she'd met the man she married.
He had been only just dumped by a well know Italian anchorwoman, instead.

who was the anchorwoman?

and, if i may ask also what was her surname before she got married?

thanks!

nokklav said:
who was the anchorwoman?
Her name is Enrica Bonaccorti. She's nearly 10 years his senior. The Duke of Calabria owes his notoriety to that woman, because nobody knew of him before, apart from "professionals in this field":)

Enrica Bonaccorti (source: archivio raiuno)
sm9gso.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tosca said:
Her name is Enrica Bonaccorti. She's nearly 10 years his senior.
what???? OMG her daughter is more close to his age than she is. i had never heard of this.... tnx tosca!

Duke and Duchess of Calabria

Hi-

Can anyone tell me the backgrounds of the Calabrias and how they are connected to other royal houses?

Complex connections

fifiona said:
Hi-
Can anyone tell me the backgrounds of the Calabrias and how they are connected to other royal houses?
This may help: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/261366-post56.html

Over the past 100 years members of the Two Sicilies dynasty have married members of the following Royal and Noble Houses: Bavaria, Bourbon-Parma,
Brazil (Orléans-Bragança), Czartoryski, France (both Orléans and Bonaparte), Habsburg (Tuscany), Italy (Savoy-Aosta and Savoy-Genoa), Lubomirski, Saxony, Schönborn-Wiesentheid, Spain (Bourbon), Stolberg-Wernigerode, Württemberg, and occasionally other members of their own family (but not to the alarming degree of the 1700s and 1800s!).

The Bourbon-Two Sicilies are thus connected to most of the senior Roman Catholic Houses of Europe.

getty images
#1: Prince Carlo of Borbone, Sicily poses during the "1000 Migla" histrotic car race May 12, 2006 in Gambettola, Italy.
#2: Prince Carlo of Borbone, Sicily (R) kiss Sandra Rothenberger during the "1000 Migla" histrotic car race May 12, 2006 in Gambettola, Italy.

Attachments

• 57598583.jpg
    57598583.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 369
  • 57598585.jpg
    57598585.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
The race's called "Mille Miglia", that's 1000 miles. :) Thanks for posting!

I read they were in Italy vacationing with Pr. Albert of Monaco. Any news or pictures

denice said:
I read they were in Italy vacationing with Pr. Albert of Monaco. Any news or pictures
The duke and the Duchess are go in St Tropez in their vacations.

http://213.215.144.81/public_html/images/m/MM07_camilladiborbone_cristina-ferrari.jpg

According to Dagospia princess Camilla of Bourbon participated in festa (fashion mode) Fisico at Cala di Volpe in Sardinia. It's a bit difficult to recognise princesss because of her hat and lack of her usual make-up.
Dagospia.it presents also another photo with princess Camilla at the same show.

http://213.215.144.81/public_html/images/m/MM28_princ-cami-borbone_marta-briviosforza.jpg
and second photo (made by Mara Malda for Dagospia) showing princess Camilla of Borbon. This time her face is more recognisable.

It's better than the Barbie Doll makeup she normally sports. She's such a pretty lady, all she really needs is light lipcolor and eyeshadow. She normally puts makeup on with a shovel and ends up looking cheap.

Uhh is that a dress? :ohmy:
At least it covers up the more important areas.

zarat said:
http://213.215.144.81/public_html/images/m/MM07_camilladiborbone_cristina-ferrari.jpg

According to Dagospia princess Camilla of Bourbon participated in festa (fashion mode) Fisico at Cala di Volpe in Sardinia. It's a bit difficult to recognise princesss because of her hat and lack of her usual make-up.
Dagospia.it presents also another photo with princess Camilla at the same show.

http://213.215.144.81/public_html/images/m/MM28_princ-cami-borbone_marta-briviosforza.jpg
and second photo (made by Mara Malda for Dagospia) showing princess Camilla of Borbon. This time her face is more recognisable.

(Credit: Bruno Press) Prince Carlo and Princess Camilla of Borbone of Sicily, Duke and Duchess of Calabria, spent time on the beach at Cala de Volpe on the island of Sardinia with their daughters Princess Maria Carolina and Princess Maria Chiara. Cala di Volpe, ITALY - 18/08/2006

Italy.jpg
Italy2.jpg
Italy3.jpg
Italy4.jpg
Italy5.jpg
Italy6.jpg
Italy7.jpg

More pictures can be found at:
http://www.brunopress.nl/fotoweb/GridNormal.fwx

Two pics of their vacations in St Tropez.
from PDV

Few more scans of the couple in Saint Tropez (DIVAeDONNA)

Princess Camilla and her mother Edoarda Crociani attended the D'amelio-Canossa wedding in Rome (U. Pizzi/dagospia)

When you see the mother, sometimes you understand why the daughter has so a lack of fashion sense.

Danielane said:
When you see the mother, sometimes you understand why the daughter has so a lack of fashion sense.

Edoarda has never had a good taste where fashion is concerned even when she was an actress. She was a stunning lady - the Jayne Mansfield type - in her golden days, and emphasized her look by wearing showy clothes.
I can justify her, by saying she's just theoretically Italian, so her taste may differs from ours...;) Her daughter has no excuses though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom