Divorce for Princess Margarita and Edwin de Roy van Zuijdewijn: August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So...I guess it's too soon to ask how the reconciliations are going between Margaritha and the rest of the royal family. She really has to do a lot of begging of forgiveness and begging a lot pardons after all those horrible things she said. I think they will eventually forgive her but it might take awhile. :(

mgrant said:
So...I guess it's too soon to ask how the reconciliations are going between Margaritha and the rest of the royal family. She really has to do a lot of begging of forgiveness and begging a lot pardons after all those horrible things she said. I think they will eventually forgive her but it might take awhile. :(
I agree. Can you blame the RF for being upset with her though? She sued the Queen and caused a royal scandal. I think that if Margaritha apolgizes and attempts she was wrong, she they will forgive her and everything will be okay.

She did not sue the queen. Preperations were made for a trial (against the dutch state I believed) but no lawyer could handle Edwin long enough, so various of them quited after a row with him. And the couple probably did not have a case either.
I hope that the family will forgive her (the Guillermo cousins already have & I do not think they were very upset about it either - read they agreed a little with what she said), but it will take a lot of time. For the sake of the princess I hope she restores and/or improves hr contacts with her parents!

Last edited:
Edwin de Roy has begun a coutcase against his (soon to be ex-) wife Margarita to get access to the couple's dog

----------------------------------------------------------------------
AMSTERDAM Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn
heeft een kort geding tegen zijn vrouw
prinses Margarita aangespannen.De Roy,
verwikkeld in een echtscheidingszaak,
eist een omgangsregeling met zijn hond
Paco,op straffe van een dwangsom.

In december 2003 vond De Roy zijn hond
zwaargewond in de tuin van zijn Franse
kasteel,na een mysterieuze inbraak.
Margarita haalde Paco daarna op bij de
dierenarts.Omdat het paar apart leeft,
zijn hond en baas sindsdien gescheiden.

De advocaat van De Roy wil desgevraagd
niets kwijt over de toestand van Paco.
'Ook dieren hebben recht op privacy',
luidde het antwoord van de raadsman.

How desperate is Edwin for publicity?

Last edited:
Article from expatica:

Margarita's husband demands access to dog

11 February 2005

AMSTERDAM — Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn is demanding "parental access" to his dog, Paco, who is currently living with his estranged wife Princess Margarita.

De Roy van Zuydewijn has lodged legal action against Margarita and the case will be heard in Amsterdam Court on Thursday 17 February, his lawyer Gabriël Meijers said on Friday.

The royal couple have lived separately for some time and De Roy van Zuydewijn is demanding Margarita provide access to his dog or risk a fine of EUR 500 each day.

But Meijers refused to answer questions about the health of the animal, asserting that dogs also have right to privacy, newspaper De Telegraaf reported.

Princess Margarita publicly confirmed rumours in October 2004 that she wanted a divorce from De Roy van Zuydewijn.
She placed a newspaper article asserting that she was looking for her estranged husband to proceed with the divorce proceedings. De Roy van Zuydewijn later said he was at home in France as usual.

The couple also made headlines in 2003 when they claimed in a series of magazine interviews that the royal family had spied on them. It was alleged that the royal family did not approve of De Roy van Zuydewijn and conducted a smear campaign damaging his business dealings.

But Margarita apologised for her indiscretions in August 2004 — some 18 months after going public about the row with her family — and later abandoned a damages claim lodged against the Dutch State and the royal family.

De Roy van Zuydewijn claims he is still proceeding with the legal action, demanding compensation for personal and business damages. The suit is based on the fact the Dutch security service AIVD ran a background check of him on request from the royal family.

From BRMB:

[font=verdana, arial]Some more details concerning the divorce...

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/19137341/De_Roy_eist_geld_van_Margarita.html

The amount of 5,000 euro per month has been defined based on the couple's previous standard of living and the financial background of the Princess. The Roy van Z's sollicitor says that Margarita by postponing the divorce (and thus not having to pay any alimony for some extra months, an alimony which the judge apparently had already granted to Edwin) the Princess is not abiding the law which says that the partners should support eachother in the best possible way. (Of course the richer party supports the poorer.) If 5,000 euro is much or little in their circles I really cannot say. I personally do not think it's much. It must be a nett amount. But well, with 5,000 euro a month you can have a nice life in the Netherlands...

[/font]

Back
Top Bottom