Bianca Cappello, Grand Duchess of Tuscany (1548-1587)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lenora

Heir Presumptive
City
Riga
Country
Latvia
Bianca Cappello was born in Venice in 1548 .She fell in love and ran off with Pietro Bonaventuri and in 1564 married him.They had certain one daughter Pellegrina who married the Count Ulisse Manzoni Bentivoglio and possibly a second daughter Virginia.In the archives there are some portrays of Pellegrina,but thepeerage.com indicates only Virginia,when in Italian documents virginia is hardly mentioned.Later one Bianca became the second wife of Francesco I de Medici,supposedly she died poisoned.
Does anyone know about possible further descendants of Bianca Cappello via her daugher,countess Bentivoglio(as there are many branches of Bentivoglio)?
Bianca Cappello - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It isn't known what did cause Bianca's death, also because nobody knows where she has been buried and therefore analysis on her remains are impossible. But now it is known that Grand Duke Francesco I didn't died poisoned but of malaria, since recent analysis evidenced a loud presence of plasmodium (the parasite which causes malaria) in the remains of the Grand Duke, and it's most likely that also Bianca died of malaria.
Here's an article about the last researches:
Francesco I e Bianca de' Medici Non fu omicidio ma malaria
Google Traduttore

Back
Top Bottom