Tsarist Miscellania

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always wanted to see one of Princess Irina Alexandrovna. And one of Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich.

I've always wanted to see one of Princess Irina Alexandrovna. And one of Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich.
Copy that.
GD Serge--though I have heard, I think it was by Imperial Anastasia, that there is one out.
GD Boris, want to see if Mignon of Rumania is REALLY his daughter.
You could probably lump them all into Vlad's bunch. Meichen on her own. Now THERE was a Grand Duchess! HA!
Uncle Bimbo. I believe he was the one who was passing Mathilda K. back and forth with Andrei. . . .
See what you have started Pamela?? :p

GD Georgiy Alexandrovich

Gd Boris Vladimirovich

GD Sergei Mikhailovich>>>Russophile, this is the one who also had an affair with Mathilda. Gd Nicholas Milkhailovich AKA Uncle Bimbo was the unmarried one who was deeply in love with his cousin Victoria of Baden, later Queen Victoria of Sweden.

The love story of GD Mikhail Nicolaevich ith Gd olga Fyodorovna AKA Princess Olga of Baden

:previous:Ah! thank you for the correction! :flowers: Those darned Mikhailoviches!

(Not to be confused with Malkovitch. Malkovitch Malkovitch Malkovitch :D)

Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich and his Brother Pavel

Copy that.
GD Serge--though I have heard, I think it was by Imperial Anastasia, that there is one out.
GD Boris, want to see if Mignon of Rumania is REALLY his daughter.
You could probably lump them all into Vlad's bunch. Meichen on her own. Now THERE was a Grand Duchess! HA!
Uncle Bimbo. I believe he was the one who was passing Mathilda K. back and forth with Andrei. . . .
See what you have started Pamela?? :p

Russo, teehee, exactly what I had in mind!:D

As for me, one on Sergei Alexandrovich (a really good one!), Miechen (however much I dislike her), Dmitri Pavlovich, and (perhaps curiously) Alexander III.

You are the interviewer.....

Using the newly advanced technology of time travel, you may go back to any era of the Russian Imperial Court. You may choose any of the Imperial family to interview. While you may NOT give him/her any information that would directly alter the future, you may ask your subject three questions, and he/she must answer and answer truthfully.

Who would you interview, and what would be your three questions?

I think I would interview the last Czar. I would ask him what he thought the future of the 20th century would bring. The second question would be what he thought of the American political system. The third question would be what he thought were the cases of World War I.

Using the newly advanced technology of time travel, you may go back to any era of the Russian Imperial Court. You may choose any of the Imperial family to interview. While you may NOT give him/her any information that would directly alter the future, you may ask your subject three questions, and he/she must answer and answer truthfully.

Who would you interview, and what would be your three questions?
1 for Nicholas the II: Did you put any money in the Bank of England??
2 for Catherine the Great: Who's Paul's REAL father?
3 Kryil: What did you do to Ducky that she never felt the same way again about you?

Russo, my dear,

You are not playing by the rules (why does this not surprise me?) ;-) The question put to you was to ask three questions of one person, not one question of three people. That being said, I think I know the answer to your Question #3: Ducky found out a few years before she died that Kyrill cheated on her and that broke her heart.

Tsar Nicholas II.

1. "You are an autocrat, why do you not stand up to your uncles?"

2. "Why don't you create a constitutional monarchy?"

3. "Who would you like to marry your daughters to for dynastic reasons?"

Russo, my dear,

You are not playing by the rules (why does this not surprise me?) ;-) .
Blah, blah, blah, I can't hear you! I can't hear you I can't hear you! :p

I would venture to say that he didn't want to create a constitutional monarchy because he was anointed by God and his looney tunes wife would agree. :D

So... Here's a question...

What happens to the current world economy if you suddenly dump sixteen hundred tons of newly re-discovered Tsarist gold bars onto the market? ;-)

Just a quick calculation...

Today's price for gold is $1245 per ounce.

Gold is measured in troy ounces and there are 32,150 troy ounces in a single metric ton...

$1245 x 32150 troy ounces = $40,026,750.00 (40 million dollars) per metric ton...

$40,026,750.00 x 1600 tons = $64,042,800,000.00

That's 64 *Billion*, 42 million, eight hundred thousand dollars... just sitting on the bottom of a Siberian lake for the past nine decades?!?!?!!!!

:previous:

I heard an economist talking about the gold standard on National Public Radio's "Market Place." According to the economist, 95% of the gold in the world is just lying around in bank vaults. According to him, the old saw is "All the gold dug out of the ground in Africa ends up under ground in Fort Knox." The host said then why do we put so much "stock" in gold if nothing is being done with it. Answer: "Good question." According to the economist, gold was arbitrarily selected as a monetary standard and it is the economists and others who place such a high value on it.

I wish I could get some.:bang:

BBC News - Memorial church of last Russian tsar burns down Interfax-Religion Nikolai II's memorial church ruined by fire | RUSSIA | The Moscow News Fire at Ganina Yama extinguished: Voice of Russia ITAR-TASS fire desotryed nicolhas memoiral church and yes bear its a real meaning it is happening and has happened or will happen bear not a tabloid i dont quote those warren will have my liver if i ever did

Memorial church of last Russian tsar burns down

Fire has destroyed a wooden church built on the site where the remains of Russia's last tsar, Nicholas II, and his family were found in the Urals.

Firefighters managed to stop the blaze spreading to other parts of the Ganina Yama monastery near Yekaterinburg. Fire officials believe candles or stoves inside the church may have started the fire.

The monastery was founded in 2000 at the old mine where the bodies were dumped during the Revolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Memorial church of last Russian tsar burns down

Fire has destroyed a wooden church built on the site where the remains of Russia's last tsar, Nicholas II, and his family were found in the Urals.

Firefighters managed to stop the blaze spreading to other parts of the Ganina Yama monastery near Yekaterinburg. Fire officials believe candles or stoves inside the church may have started the fire.

The monastery was founded in 2000 at the old mine where the bodies were dumped during the Revolution.
.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this information. The one photograph shows how beautiful these churches are but wood -- yikes, :eek:certain to go up in smoke if not careful. :bang:

I wonder how long it will take to rebuild the edifice.

Medvedev, Yanukovych lead motor rally across Russian-Ukrainian border | Video | RIA Novosti

RIA Novosti
(41 sec./3.06Mb Views: 187)
The presidents of Russia and Ukraine each got behind the wheel of a vintage car on Friday to lead the international Emperor Nicholas II motor rally across the Russian-Ukrainian border.

Dmitry Medvedev, a vintage car enthusiast, drove in his white 1948 Pobeda sedan, while Viktor Yanukovych took the wheel of a 1950 Pobeda convertible.

The two presidents were at the head of a 36-car convoy for a

NTV crew win St.Pete-Kiev rally: Voice of Russia The crew of Russia's NTV Company was the first on Saturday evening to cross the finish line in Kiev of the Emperor Nicholas II motor rally across the Russian-Ukrainian border The race, dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Russia's first motor rally of 1910, kicked off in St. Petersburg on September 13.

Order of St. Catherine

I am interested in learning more about the Order of St. Catherine. With the exception of the Order of St. Olga, which was only in existence for a couple of years during WWI, the OSC was the only order for women in Russia.

From what I've learned, most of the Grand Duchesses were members, some at birth, others when they married a Grand Duke. Princesses of imperial blood were invested upon reaching their majority.

The Empress was the head of the Order and it was for her lifetime. Therefore, it appears that Empress Marie Feodorovna was the last Mistress of the Order of St. Catherine.

There were twelve Dames Grand Cross, typically made up of females from European ruling houses. Alexandra of Great Britain was made a Dame Grand Cross, and so was Princess Alice of Greece, the mother of Prince Philip. But I cannot locate a list of members both inside and outside of Russia. :bang:

Does anyone have more information?

Good thread VM! :flowers: I've always been curious myself.
Ask Warren and Bear, I'm sure they will know something about it.

Good thread VM! :flowers: I've always been curious myself.
Ask Warren and Bear, I'm sure they will know something about it.

Thank you my dear. It seems the Order was loosely modeled on the Order of the Garter inasmuch as membership was limited by number. According to what I have discovered, the Russian president continues to meet diplomats in the St. Catherine room located in the Kremlin.

I wonder if any of our members in Russia might locate a list of names for us.

Great article. Thanks for posting, Kell

Interesting theory that the Church does not think the bones belong to the Romanovs because it believes Yeltsin stole their thunder and as a secular figure, Yeltsin is the one who authenticated the remains, while the religious figures wish to keep the Romanovs for their own purposes.

Please, interesting read, yes. Who would turn the church's mumbo jumbo of the saintly czar, etc into fact. I am sorry. It is too bad that the 21st century will also pass the Russians while they struggle for some sort of identity.

Back
Top Bottom