The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2020, 08:10 PM
Courtier

History is an ever evolving discussion. And there is a new book coming out, claiming to rule over all the others...

"Unknown and unrevealed facts, which evince that many truths in regard to the life and death of the Romanovs remain silenced or distorted to this day. Nicholas II was surrounded by the forceful presence of his mother, the Dowager Empress, and his uncles. This generation of Romanovs could have, under normal circumstances, expected another two decades of service to and influence over their nation, and it was with both regret and misgivings that they kissed the hands of their new young sovereign and his Hessian bride. This video is produced as part of the project for the book "The Romanov Royal Martyrs”, which is an impressive 512-page book, featuring nearly 200 black & white photographs, and a 56-page photo insert of more than 80 high-quality images, colorized by the acclaimed Russian artist Olga Shirnina (Klimbim) and appearing here in print for the first time."

https://youtu.be/X2EG9XjUt8E

Basically, the story of this book is in short: It is sponsored by by the Church, co-written for example be renowned historians like Helen Rappaport and based on formerly unknown sources from the newly opened archives of Russia.

https://www.amazon.de/Romanov-Royal-.../dp/9963951775

Is it good? I don't know... I did not read it. I'll wait for a German translation.

Old 10-18-2020, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
History is an ever evolving discussion. And there is a new book coming out, claiming to rule over all the others...

"Unknown and unrevealed facts, which evince that many truths in regard to the life and death of the Romanovs remain silenced or distorted to this day. Nicholas II was surrounded by the forceful presence of his mother, the Dowager Empress, and his uncles. This generation of Romanovs could have, under normal circumstances, expected another two decades of service to and influence over their nation, and it was with both regret and misgivings that they kissed the hands of their new young sovereign and his Hessian bride. This video is produced as part of the project for the book "The Romanov Royal Martyrs”, which is an impressive 512-page book, featuring nearly 200 black & white photographs, and a 56-page photo insert of more than 80 high-quality images, colorized by the acclaimed Russian artist Olga Shirnina (Klimbim) and appearing here in print for the first time."

https://youtu.be/X2EG9XjUt8E

Basically, the story of this book is in short: It is sponsored by by the Church, co-written for example be renowned historians like Helen Rappaport and based on formerly unknown sources from the newly opened archives of Russia.

https://www.amazon.de/Romanov-Royal-.../dp/9963951775

Is it good? I don't know... I did not read it. I'll wait for a German translation.
That was an interesting point about Nicholas's mother and uncles.
But yeah, it is not the first time that I heard that Nicholas probably had to become a far too soon.

Old 10-18-2020, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy

I just watched the Video about the Romanov Imperial Family. I need to get the book. What was done to them was a Crime against HUMANITY.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
I just watched the Video about the Romanov Imperial Family. I need to get the book. What was done to them was a Crime against HUMANITY.

Their death has been like a breaking seawall and gave free way to the Red Terror with it's innumerous victims.

They were the first, which were murdered, but what followed, was a now half forgotten sinister tragedy.

I am always wondering, whether the sainthood as martyrs of the orthodox church was mainly given to them, to exemplify the horrors of the revolution.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know if the Russian Orthodox church has allowed the remains of the Tsarevich Alexii and his sister (Anastasia or Marie) to be buried? What is the church's disagreement with the DNA results?
Old 10-22-2020, 09:32 PM
Majesty

The last news on the subject I've been able to trace has been this article from July 2018. I know that the Church was reluctant to bury the remains because they felt that earlier DNA tests on them weren't 100% accurate. Later tests were conducted and the results were examined 'with great interest' by Church authorities. But as of two years ago Alexei and his sister were still unburied.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ovs-180969674/
Old 10-22-2020, 10:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The last news on the subject I've been able to trace has been this article from July 2018. I know that the Church was reluctant to bury the remains because they felt that earlier DNA tests on them weren't 100% accurate. Later tests were conducted and the results were examined 'with great interest' by Church authorities. But as of two years ago Alexei and his sister were still unburied.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ovs-180969674/
Thank you.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Tsarina Alexandra's social projects included establishing workhouses for the poor, creches for working mothers, and a school for training nurses cat Tsarkoe Selo and another for housemaids.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Does anyone know if the Russian Orthodox church has allowed the remains of the Tsarevich Alexii and his sister (Anastasia or Marie) to be buried? What is the church's disagreement with the DNA results?
The churches disagreement is that no one in his or hers right mind will ever be as backward as the ROC and the woman in Madrid.

No,the children s remains are not yet buried.The DNA tests are not reckognised by that church.Anything modern is seen as a danger to them,a danger that their faul play can be discovered.What ´s more,the remains of Nicolas II,Tsarina Alexandra and Olga Tatiana and Anastasia were removed from their tomb at the St.Peter & Paul in StP just about 2 years ago and are now somewhere undisclosed but ....safe...according to the ROC....Not much is known on that,just that they are no longer in the Cathedral anymore.

Some have a double agenda

Tags
alexandra, alix, empress alexandra, nicholas, nicholas and alexandra, tsar nicholas ii

« Rurik dynasty | - »