The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #621  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 505
History is an ever evolving discussion. And there is a new book coming out, claiming to rule over all the others...

"Unknown and unrevealed facts, which evince that many truths in regard to the life and death of the Romanovs remain silenced or distorted to this day. Nicholas II was surrounded by the forceful presence of his mother, the Dowager Empress, and his uncles. This generation of Romanovs could have, under normal circumstances, expected another two decades of service to and influence over their nation, and it was with both regret and misgivings that they kissed the hands of their new young sovereign and his Hessian bride. This video is produced as part of the project for the book "The Romanov Royal Martyrs”, which is an impressive 512-page book, featuring nearly 200 black & white photographs, and a 56-page photo insert of more than 80 high-quality images, colorized by the acclaimed Russian artist Olga Shirnina (Klimbim) and appearing here in print for the first time."

https://youtu.be/X2EG9XjUt8E

Basically, the story of this book is in short: It is sponsored by by the Church, co-written for example be renowned historians like Helen Rappaport and based on formerly unknown sources from the newly opened archives of Russia.

https://www.amazon.de/Romanov-Royal-.../dp/9963951775

Is it good? I don't know... I did not read it. I'll wait for a German translation.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #622  
Old 10-18-2020, 08:22 AM
Furienna's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
History is an ever evolving discussion. And there is a new book coming out, claiming to rule over all the others...

"Unknown and unrevealed facts, which evince that many truths in regard to the life and death of the Romanovs remain silenced or distorted to this day. Nicholas II was surrounded by the forceful presence of his mother, the Dowager Empress, and his uncles. This generation of Romanovs could have, under normal circumstances, expected another two decades of service to and influence over their nation, and it was with both regret and misgivings that they kissed the hands of their new young sovereign and his Hessian bride. This video is produced as part of the project for the book "The Romanov Royal Martyrs”, which is an impressive 512-page book, featuring nearly 200 black & white photographs, and a 56-page photo insert of more than 80 high-quality images, colorized by the acclaimed Russian artist Olga Shirnina (Klimbim) and appearing here in print for the first time."

https://youtu.be/X2EG9XjUt8E

Basically, the story of this book is in short: It is sponsored by by the Church, co-written for example be renowned historians like Helen Rappaport and based on formerly unknown sources from the newly opened archives of Russia.

https://www.amazon.de/Romanov-Royal-.../dp/9963951775

Is it good? I don't know... I did not read it. I'll wait for a German translation.
That was an interesting point about Nicholas's mother and uncles.
But yeah, it is not the first time that I heard that Nicholas probably had to become a far too soon.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #623  
Old 10-18-2020, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: tacoma, United States
Posts: 237
I just watched the Video about the Romanov Imperial Family. I need to get the book. What was done to them was a Crime against HUMANITY.
Reply With Quote
  #624  
Old 10-22-2020, 04:26 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
I just watched the Video about the Romanov Imperial Family. I need to get the book. What was done to them was a Crime against HUMANITY.

Their death has been like a breaking seawall and gave free way to the Red Terror with it's innumerous victims.

They were the first, which were murdered, but what followed, was a now half forgotten sinister tragedy.

I am always wondering, whether the sainthood as martyrs of the orthodox church was mainly given to them, to exemplify the horrors of the revolution.
Reply With Quote
  #625  
Old 10-22-2020, 09:02 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 1,012
Does anyone know if the Russian Orthodox church has allowed the remains of the Tsarevich Alexii and his sister (Anastasia or Marie) to be buried? What is the church's disagreement with the DNA results?
Reply With Quote
  #626  
Old 10-22-2020, 09:32 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,494
The last news on the subject I've been able to trace has been this article from July 2018. I know that the Church was reluctant to bury the remains because they felt that earlier DNA tests on them weren't 100% accurate. Later tests were conducted and the results were examined 'with great interest' by Church authorities. But as of two years ago Alexei and his sister were still unburied.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ovs-180969674/
Reply With Quote
  #627  
Old 10-22-2020, 10:48 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The last news on the subject I've been able to trace has been this article from July 2018. I know that the Church was reluctant to bury the remains because they felt that earlier DNA tests on them weren't 100% accurate. Later tests were conducted and the results were examined 'with great interest' by Church authorities. But as of two years ago Alexei and his sister were still unburied.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ovs-180969674/
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #628  
Old 10-23-2020, 03:11 AM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,851
Tsarina Alexandra's social projects included establishing workhouses for the poor, creches for working mothers, and a school for training nurses cat Tsarkoe Selo and another for housemaids.
Reply With Quote
  #629  
Old 10-23-2020, 05:42 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 7,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Does anyone know if the Russian Orthodox church has allowed the remains of the Tsarevich Alexii and his sister (Anastasia or Marie) to be buried? What is the church's disagreement with the DNA results?
The churches disagreement is that no one in his or hers right mind will ever be as backward as the ROC and the woman in Madrid.

No,the children s remains are not yet buried.The DNA tests are not reckognised by that church.Anything modern is seen as a danger to them,a danger that their faul play can be discovered.What ´s more,the remains of Nicolas II,Tsarina Alexandra and Olga Tatiana and Anastasia were removed from their tomb at the St.Peter & Paul in StP just about 2 years ago and are now somewhere undisclosed but ....safe...according to the ROC....Not much is known on that,just that they are no longer in the Cathedral anymore.

Some have a double agenda
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alexandra, alix, empress alexandra, nicholas, nicholas and alexandra, tsar nicholas ii

« Rurik dynasty | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grand Duke Serge (1857-1905) & Elisaveta Feodorovna, Grand Duchess Serge (1864-1918) gaoshan1021 The Imperial Family of Russia 134 12-05-2019 04:11 PM
Tsar Nicholas I (1796-1855) and Empress Alexandra Feodorovna (1798-1860) lexi4 The Imperial Family of Russia 25 10-30-2019 07:48 PM
Tsar Alexander III (1845-1894) and Empress Marie Feodorovna (Dagmar) (1847-1928) TOMMIX The Imperial Family of Russia 179 10-15-2019 02:51 PM
Prince Nicholas (1872-1938), Grand Duchess Elena (1882-1957) and daughters Princess_Elizaveta Greek Royal History 115 09-23-2018 11:12 AM
HH Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan (1918-2004) Akilah Ruling Family of Abu Dhabi 95 08-07-2016 08:59 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones baptism biography british brownbitcoinqueen canada carolin chittagong commonwealth countries coronavirus countess of snowdon cover-up dna duke of sussex dutch royal family emperor fantasy movie gustaf vi adolf haakon vii heraldry hill history interesting introduction israel jack brooksbank jewelry jumma kent książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima nepal nepalese royal family popularity prince charles prince constantijn princess alexia (2005 -) princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess dita princess elizabeth pronunciation queen consort queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain startling new evidence stuart swedish queen taiwan thailand tips tracts united kingdom von hofmannsthal wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×