The Knight Report 2004 - Questioning the identification of the Romanov remains

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to point out that since we have the new test results, this theory, and those similarly trying to cast doubt on the Romanov bones, such as those on Kurth's site, are now totally discredited. There can be no more talk of it being 'some other family', or that the methods used in the 1990's were 'outmoded' or insufficient. The recent tests prove more strongly than ever that those bones were the Romanovs, and now it's even more complete since we have the entire family.

I just wanted to point out that since we have the new test results, this theory, and those similarly trying to cast doubt on the Romanov bones, such as those on Kurth's site, are now totally discredited. There can be no more talk of it being 'some other family', or that the methods used in the 1990's were 'outmoded' or insufficient. The recent tests prove more strongly than ever that those bones were the Romanovs, and now it's even more complete since we have the entire family.
Are you referring to Peter Kurth's 1993 Vanity Fair article?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was Knight's theory that is totally discredited. Greg King's writeup on his view if the DNA being outdated, also on Kurth's site, is now proven as inaccurate, since the most modern DNA tests have verified the bones. The viewpoint in that 'bones' article is now outdated and disproven, as are all writing stating the bones of the two missing children have not been found, or casting doubt on the identification of the bones as the Romanovs. I am only pointing this out in case someone happens by and reads the Knight report thread, or sees the other writings and wonders about them. It's important to stress that the new results are the accurate ones, and disprove theories that have been written in the past.

What we will call the Coble report verifies the Gill report and takes it further.
The Knight report's findings have therefore been proven to be incorrect. The Coble report specifically rebuts Knight's claims in some detail.

The Coble report's evidence is conclusive. No members of the Imperial Family survived Ekaterinburg and all the bodies have been accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom