The Children of Tsar Nicholas II ("OTMAA")

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would have been a magnificent blessing from the Lord if the Tsarevich had been born without the illness. This would have been one less concern for Alexis' mother to worry about.

Per video description:

This video is produced as part of the project for the book "The Romanov Royal Martyrs”, which is an impressive 512-page book, featuring nearly 200 black & white photographs, and a 56-page photo insert of more than 80 high-quality images, colorized by the acclaimed Russian artist Olga Shirnina (Klimbim) and appearing here in print for the first time.

The Last Letter of Alexis Romanov

The first book I bought about the Romanovs was Nicholas and Alexandra in the late 70s or early 80s. I was so absorbed by it that I became a bit obsessed looking for books about Russia. I recall I had around the 80s I was already in the USA and bought a Coins Collector Magazine because it had an article on the imperial coins with a small black and white picture of people climbing the fence and walls of the Winter Palace.

My favorite Russian theme movie for years was Anastasia, with Ingrid Bergman, until I read in another book she was an impostor all along. Even her own family in Poland exposed her con. This now reminds me on the current scandal in the USA involving a member of congress. All it took for Anna Anderson was to repeat the lie till a few people could not differentiate it from the truth.

But my fascination with Russian history goes all the way to my teens, when I read Nicholas and Alexandra for the first time.

Last edited:
The first book I bought about the Romanovs was Nicholas and Alexandra in the late 70s or early 80s. I was so absorbed by it that I became a bit obsessed looking for books about Russia. I recall I had around the 80s I was already in the USA and bought a Coins Collector Magazine because it had an article on the imperial coins with a small black and white picture of people climbing the fence and walls of the Winter Palace.

My favorite Russian theme movie for years was Anastasia, with Ingrid Bergman, until I read in another book she was an impostor all along. Even her own family in Poland exposed her con. This now reminds me on the current scandal in the USA involving a member of congress. All it took for Anna Anderson was to repeat the lie till a few people could not differentiate it from the truth.

But my fascination with Russian history goes all the way to my teens, when I read Nicholas and Alexandra for the first time.

Anna Anderson was a mentally unstable girl who probably deluded herself that she was Anastasia. But yes once she told some people it took on a life of its own.

1. + 2. Olga and Tatiana
3. Maria, Olga, Anastasia and Tatiana (l-r)
4. + 5. Maria, Tatiana, Anastasia and Olga (l-r)
6. Elisabeth of Hesse, Olga and Tatiana (l-r)
7. The girls: Maria, Tatiana, Anastasia and Olga (l-r)
8. The girls with two women
9. Alexey
10. Tatiana, Olga, Alexey, Maria and Anastasia (l-r)

The picture of Alexei with his curly hair and little hat is a favourite of mine; he really does look so sweet in that picture!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=708282384072916&set=pb.100046734830921.-2207520000.&type=3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom