Reburial of Empress Marie Feodorovna: 23-28 September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A coffin bearing the remains of Empress Maria Fyodorovna, mother of Russia's last tsar, arrives to the Russian Orthodox Alexander Nevsky Church in Petrodvorets, some 20 km (12 miles) from St.Petersburg, September 26, 2006

from yahoo/reuters

Nikolai, left, and Dmitry Romanov attend an unveiling ceremony of a monument to Czarina Maria Feodorovna in the Peterhof complex outside St.Petersburg, Russia, Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2006.

Sebastian Romanov holds a candle and Rostislav Romanov, right, and Nikita Romanov stand at a monument to Czarina Maria Feodorovna after its unveiling ceremony in the Peterhof complex outside St.Petersburg, Russia, Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2006

How is Sebastian Romanov related, can't seem to find him nowwhere...

With the rival claimants both at the service, did they speak at all? I've not seen any pictures of them together. Indeed, all the foreign royals gathered around Maria during the service. I've seen pictures of Nicholas with Prince Michael so presumably the guests mingled a little.

I think at that point there was no real hostility towards each other; at the reburial service for the main Imperial Family there was no sign of dissension.

I thought that'd be the case. Or hoped!

I don't think so; other than the personal rivalry, when it comes ot stuff like this, the Romanovs really pull together and then behave and dress well. The whole clan has such class when it comes to stuff like this. Nikita looks handsome and Rotislav like such a nerd; I mean that in a nice way, not bad or mean.

Just who is Sebastian and Nikita Romanov in the burial pictures? Are they supposed to be the grandsons of prince Nicholas Romanov?(b 1922)

I wish someone would have explained to CP MAry that this is a reburial, not a place to make a fashion statement. Same with the smiling, she looks like a politician in campaign mode, not at a sacred reburial of a Dowager Empress of Russia returning to Russia after having to have died in exile. As for Maria, I had ot admire how she really campaigned for this.

Does anyone have any photos of the Queen or Crown Princess curtsy-ing in front of the coffin? You never get to see the Queen curtsy really.

If you look for pictures of QMII's recent visit to Russia you can see her visiting the tomb and curtseying to the sarcophogis.
She also did so at the service in Copenhagen before the coffin left for Russia. You can see it around 3:10 in the clip posted above.

Last edited:
Now let's see
King Christian IX > Empress Maria Fyodorovna /Frederick VII >Christian X >
Frederick > Queen Margarethe II of Denmark
So the dowager empress Is the Queen if Denmark's great grandaunt?

May she rest in peace, this was in September 2006. Boris Yeltsin played with the idea to restore the monarchy under Grand Duke Vladimir and his daughter Maria. It was a way to stabilize the situation from the changes happening when Soviet Union became Russia and many other countries seceded away from the Soviet's sphere. I assume the idea is still alive as an alternative to the current situation. Hope in my lifetime I get to see it.

Back
Top Bottom