On This Day in Russian Imperial History

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this day, February 26, 1933 ~ Demise of Grand Duke Alexander Mikhailovich of Russia, spouse of Grand Duchess Xenia Alexandrovna of Russia

On this day, February 28, 1690 ~ Birth of Alexis Petrovich, Tsarevich of Russia, son of Tsar Peter I of Russia

On this day, March 1, 1936 ~ Demise of Grand Duchess Victoria of Russia, wife of Grand Duke Cyril Vladimirovich of Russia

On this day, March 2, 1855 ~ Demise of Tsar Nicholas I of Russia in Taganrog, Russia

Last edited by a moderator:
On this day, March 10, 1845 ~ Birth of Alexander III, Tsar of Russia at the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, March 13, 1669 ~ Demise of Maria Ilyinichna Miloslavskaya, Tsaritsa of Russia, first wife of Tsar Alexis I of Russia

On this day, March 23, 1801 ~ Assassination of Tsar Paul I of Russia at the Mikhailovsky Castle in St. Petersburg

On this day, March 13, 1669 ~ Demise of Maria Ilyinichna Miloslavskaya, Tsaritsa of Russia, first wife of Tsar Alexis I of Russia

Tsaritsa Maria sadly died five days after giving birth and she was the mother of of Fedor III , Ivan V and Princess Sofya Alekseevna.
The remains of the Tsaritsa were buried at the Ascension Cathedral in the Kremlin,in 1929 her remains were reburied at the Archangel Cathedral as the Soviets were demolishing the Ascension Cathedral.

258px-%D0%9C%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%8F_%D0%98%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D0%9C%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F.jpg

4th April 1538 : Death of Elena Vasilyevna Glinskaya,Grand Princess consort of Russia and Regent.

Elena was the second wife of Grand Prince Vasili III and following his death she acted as Regent for their son, Tsar Ivan the Terrible.
Dowager Grand Princess died in Moscow and was buried first at the Ascension Convent but following its demolition by the Soviets her coffin was moved to the
Archangel Cathedral at the Kremlin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Glinskaya

371px-Grand_Duchess_of_Moscow_Elena_Glinskaya.png

On this day, April 6, 1875 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Xenia Alexandrovna of Russia, daughter of Tsar Alexander III of Russia, at Anichkov Palace in St. Petersburg

On this day, April 6, 1875 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Xenia Alexandrovna of Russia, daughter of Tsar Alexander III of Russia, at Anichkov Palace in St. Petersburg

Grand Duchess Xenia was just 5 when he father became Tsar
Alexander III following the assassination of Tsar Alexander II of Russia in 1881.

On this day, April 11, 1624 ~ Birth of Maria Ilyinichna Miloslavskaya, Tsaritsa of Russia, spouse of Tsar Alexis I of Russia, in Moscow, Russia

On this day, April 11, 1624 ~ Birth of Maria Ilyinichna Miloslavskaya, Tsaritsa of Russia, spouse of Tsar Alexis I of Russia, in Moscow, Russia

Maria who was on noble blood was was the mother of 2 Tsar's Feodor III of Russia and Ivan V of Russia and also her daughter the Princess Sophia Alekseyevna ruled Russia as Regent from 1682 to 1689.
KiyskiyKrest_detail01.jpg

On this day, April 15, 1684 ~ Birth of Catherine I, Empress of Russia, in Jakobstadt, Semigallia, Duchy of Courland and Semigallia

On this day, April 24, 1865 ~ Demise of Tsarevich Nicholas Alexandrovich of Russia in Nice, France

On this day, April 29, 1818 ~ Birth of Alexander II, Tsar of Russia at the Kremlin in Moscow, Russia

On this day, May 2, 1729 ~ Birth of Catherine II, Empress of Russia (Princess Sophie of Anhalt-Zerbst) in Stettin, Pomerania

On this day, May 7, 1682 ~ Demise of Feodor III, Tsar of Russia in Moscow, Russia

On this day, May 11, 1857 ~ Birth of Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich of Russia at the Catherine Palace at Tsarskoye Selo, near St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, May 16, 1826, Demise of Louise of Baden, Empress Elizabeth Alexeievna of Russia, wife of Emperor Alexander I of Russia, at Belev, Russia

On this day, May 17, 1727 ~ Demise of Catherine I, Empress of Russia, at the Catherine Palace at Tsarskoye Selo, Russia

On this day, May 18, 1868 ~ Birth of Nicholas II, Tsar of Russia at the Alexander Palace at Tsarskoye Selo, Russia

On this day, May 17, 1727 ~ Demise of Catherine I, Empress of Russia, at the Catherine Palace at Tsarskoye Selo, Russia

Its believed that Catherine was born in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth the daughter of Roman Catholic farmer.Both of her parents later died and she was taken to be raised by her aunt and she later became a Lutheran.
In 1703 she became the mistress of Peter the Great and he later married her in secret in 1707 and officially in February 1712.Catherine also converted to the Russian Orthodox faith in 1707.

The Empress was succeeded by her step-grandson Peter II.

On this day, June 9, 1661 ~ Birth of Feodor III, Tsar of Russia in Moscow, Russia

On this day, June 25, 1755 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Natalia Alexeivna, Wilhelmina Louisa of Hesse-Darmstadt, Tsarevna of Russia, wife of Tsarevich Paul of Russia, in Prenzlau, Kingdom of Prussia

On this day, July 6, 1796 ~ Birth of Nicholas I, Tsar of Russia at Gatchina Palace near St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, July 7, 1718 ~ Demise of Alexei Petrovich, Tsarevich of Russia, son of Tsar Peter I of Russia, in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, July 12, 1596 ~ Birth of Michael I, Tsar of Russia in Moscow, Russia

On this day, July 13, 1798 ~ Birth of Charlotte of Prussia, Empress Alexandra Feodorovna of Russia, wife of Tsar Nicholas I of Russia, at Charlottenburg Palace in Berlin, Kingdom of Prussia

On this day, July 14, 1704 ~ Demise of Sophia Alexievna of Russia, Regent of Russia for her brothers Ivan V and Peter I

On this day, July 16, 1764 ~ The murder of Tsar Ivan VI of Russia at the Fortress of Shlisselburg in Russia

On this day, July 16, 1764 ~ The murder of Tsar Ivan VI of Russia at the Fortress of Shlisselburg in Russia

:imperialrussia:

And on this day,or rather the night of July 16th to July 17th 1918,the slaughter took place of the last Tsar Of Russia,Nicolai II ,Tsarevna Alexandra Feodorovna,The Grandduchesses Olga,Tatiana,Maria and Anastasia as well as Russia´s last Tsesarevitch Alexej Nicolayevitch and their retainers!

A deed so cruel with np comparison!

Vechnaya Pamiat

:previous: One year previously, on July 17, 1917 Nicholas and Alexandra's first cousin King George V of England had better fortune. The House of Windsor was proclaimed. If only Cousin George had allowed his relatives to come to England.

The rest of his family including his mother were imprisoned near Riga until they were eventually released in 1780 nad taken into care by their aunt Juliana Maria of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel,queen Dowager of Denmark.

Grand Duchess Anna Leopoldovna died in 1746

Catherine Antonovna of Brunswick died in 1807 in Horsens,Denmark
Elizabeth Antonovna of Brunswick died in 1782 in Horsens,Denmark
Peter Antonovich of Brunswick died in 1798 in Horsens,Denmark
Alexei Antonovich of Brunswick in 1787 in Horsens,Denmark

The rest of his family including his mother were imprisoned near Riga until they were eventually released in 1780 nad taken into care by their aunt Juliana Maria of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel,queen Dowager of Denmark.

Grand Duchess Anna Leopoldovna died in 1746

Catherine Antonovna of Brunswick died in 1807 in Horsens,Denmark
Elizabeth Antonovna of Brunswick died in 1782 in Horsens,Denmark
Peter Antonovich of Brunswick died in 1798 in Horsens,Denmark
Alexei Antonovich of Brunswick in 1787 in Horsens,Denmark

And none of them set a family of their own :sad:

On this day, July 24, 1681 ~ Demise of Agaphia Semenovna Grushevskaya, Tsaritsa of Russia, wife of Tsar Feodor III of Russia

On this day, July 24, 1681 ~ Demise of Agaphia Semenovna Grushevskaya, Tsaritsa of Russia, wife of Tsar Feodor III of Russia

The Tsarita was just 18 and had given birth a few days prior to a son,Tsarevich Ilya Fyodorovich who also sadly died on July 21st.
Both of them were buried at the Ascension Monastery in the Kremlin.
In 1929 the Soviets destroyed the monastery and the remains of all buried there were removed to the Archangel Cathedral.

On this day, August 8, 1824 ~ Birth of Empress Marie Alexandrovna of Russia (Princess Marie of Hesse and by Rhine), wife of Tsar Alexander II of Russia, in Darmstadt, Grand Duchy of Hesse and by Rhine

On this day, August 9, 1669 ~ Birth of Eudoxia Feodorovna Lopukhina, Tsaritsa of Russia, first wife of Tsar Peter I of Russia, in Moscow, Russia

On this day, August 12, 1904 ~ Birth of Tsarevich Alexis of Russia, son of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, at Peterhof Palace

On this day, August 18, 1645 ~ Demise of Eudoxia Lukyanovna Streshneva, Tsarista of Russia, wife of Tsar Michael I of Russia

On this day, August 23, 1740 ~ Birth of Ivan VI, Tsar of Russia in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, September 6, 1666 ~ Birth of Ivan V, Tsar of Russia in Moscow, Russia

On this day, September 27, 1657 ~ Birth of Tsarevna Sophia Alekseyevna, Regent of Russia, daughter of Tsar Alexis I of Russia, in Moscow, Russia

On this day, October 1, 1754 ~ Birth of Paul I, Tsar of Russia at the Summer Palace of Empress Elizabeth in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, October 12, 1876 ~ Birth of Grand Duke Cyril Vladimirovich of Russia at Tsarskoye Selo, Russia

On this day, October 17, 1740 ~ Ivan VI became Tsar of Russia

On this day, October 23, 1715 ~ Birth of Peter II, Tsar of Russia in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, October 28, 1740 ~ Demise of Anna I, Empress of Russia

On this day, November 5, 1828 ~ Demise of Tsarina Marie Feodorovna of Russia (Sophie Dorothea of Wurttemberg), spouse of Tsar Paul I of Russia, at Pavlosk Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, November 26, 1847 ~ Birth of Princess Dagmar of Denmark, Empress Marie Feodorovna of Russia, spouse of Tsar Alexander III of Russia, at the Yellow Palace in Copenhagen, Denmark

On this day, December 1, 1825 ~ Demise of Alexander I, Tsar of Russia at Taganrog, Russia

On this day, December 23, 1777 ~ Birth of Alexander I, Tsar of Russia in Saint Petersburg, Russia

:wreath::wreath::wreath::wreath::wreath::wreath:

On this day, December 29, 1709 ~ Birth of Elizabeth, Empress of Russia, daughter of Emperor Peter I and Empress Catherine I of Russia, at Kolomenskoye near Moscow, Russia

On this day, January 18, 1625 ~ Demise of Maria Vladimirovna Dolgorukova, Tsaritsa of Russia, wife of Tsar Michael I of Russia

On this day, January 27, 1708 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Anna Petrovna of Russia, mother of Tsar Peter III of Russia, in Moscow, Russia

On this day, February 17, 1909 ~ Demise of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich of Russia, son of Tsar Alexander II of Russia, at the Vladimir Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, February 21, 1728 ~ Birth of Peter III, Tsar of Russia in Kiel, Duchy of Holstein-Gottorp

On this day, March 10, 1845 ~ Birth of Alexander III, Tsar of Russia at the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, March 15, 1917 ~ Tsar Nicholas II of Russia abdicated

On this day, April 6, 1875 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Xenia Alexandrovna, the daughter of Tsar Alexander III of Russia, at Anichkov Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia

On this day, April 11, 1624 ~ Birth of Maria Ilyinichna Miloslavskaya, Tsaritsa of Russia, wife of Tsar Alexis I of Russia, in Moscow, Russia

On this day, April 29, 1818 ~ Birth of Alexander II, Tsar of Russia at the Kremlin in Moscow, Russia

On this day, May 2, 1729 ~ Birth of Princess Sophie of Anhalt-Zerbst (Empress Catherine II of Russia) in Stettin, Pomerania, Kingdom of Prussia

On this day, June 9, 1661 ~ Birth of Feodor III, Tsar of Russia in Moscow, Russia

Back
Top Bottom