On This Day in Russian Imperial History

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this day, April 22, 1847 ~ Birth of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich of Russia, the son of Tsar Alexander II of Russia

On this day, April 24, 1865 ~ Demise of Tsarevich Nicholas Alexandrovich, son of Tsar Alexander II. He was engaged to Princess Dagmar of Denmark.

On this day, April 24, 1865 ~ Demise of Tsarevich Nicholas Alexandrovich, son of Tsar Alexander II. He was engaged to Princess Dagmar of Denmark.

The Tsarevich died in Nice,France aged just 21 and Princess Dagmar of Denmark went onto marry his younger brother the future Alexander III of Russia.

On this day, April 29, 1818 ~ Birth of Alexander II, Tsar of Russia at the Kremlin in Moscow, Russia

On this day, May 2, 1729 ~ Birth of Catherine II, Empress of Russia, born Princess Sophie of Anhalt-Zerbst

On this day, May 7, 1682 ~ Demise of Feodor III, Tsar of Russia in Moscow, Russia

On this day, May 9, 1871 ~ Birth of Grand Duke George Alexandrovich of Russia, son of Tsar Alexander III of Russia

On this day, May 11, 1857 ~ Birth of Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich of Russia, son of Tsar Alexander II of Russia

On this day, May 14, 1854 ~ Birth of Marie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
She became Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna of Russia, wife of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich of Russia

On this day, May 14, 1854 ~ Birth of Marie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
She became Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna of Russia, wife of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich of Russia

Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna had a renowned jewelry collection which was somehow smuggled out of Russia following her flight in 1918 .The jewels were later sold off after her death in exile in 1920.

On this day, May 16, 1826 ~ Demise of Louise of Baden. She became Empress Elizabeth Alexeievna of Russia, wife of Emperor Alexander I of Russia

On this day, June 3, 1880 ~ Demise of Marie of Hesse and by Rhine, Tsarina Marie Alexandrovna of Russia, wife of Tsar Alexander II of Russia

On this day, June 6, 1872 ~ Birth of Alix of Hesse and by Rhine, Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna of Russia

Two Tsars of Russia share June 9 as a birthday:

On this day, June 9, 1661 ~ Birth of Tsar Feodor III of Russia in Moscow, Russia

On this day, June 9, 1672 ~ Birth of Tsar Peter I of Russia in Moscow, Russia

On this day, June 13, 1882 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna, daughter of Tsar Alexander III of Russia

On this day, June 18, 1901 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna of Russia, daughter of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia

20th of June 1605 : Murders of Feodor II of Russia and Dowager Tsarista Maria Skuratova-Belskaya.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feodor_II_of_Russia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Skuratova-Belskaya

357px-Makovsky_False_Dmitrys_agents_murdering_Feodor_Godunov_and_his_mother_1862.jpg

On this day, June 25, 1755 ~ Birth of Wilhelmine Louise of Hesse-Darmstadt. She became Grand Duchess Natalia Alexievna, Tsarevna of Russia, wife of the future Tsar Paul I.

On this day, June 26, 1899 ~ Birth of Grand Duchess Marie Nikolaevna of Russia, daughter of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia

On this day, June 27, 1880 ~ Birth of Natalia Sheremetyeskaya, Countess Brasova, wife of Grand Duke Michael

On this day, July 7, 1718 ~ Demise of Alexis Petrovich, Tsarevich of Russia, son of Tsar Peter I of Russia

On this day, July 7, 1718 ~ Demise of Alexis Petrovich, Tsarevich of Russia, son of Tsar Peter I of Russia

The Tsarevich had been badly tortured on his fathers orders and had been badly flogged .Alexei's servants and friends suffered much worse deaths.

433px-Alexey_Petrovich_by_J.G.Tannauer_%281710-15%2C_Russian_museum%29.jpg

On this day, July 12, 1596 ~ Birth of Michael I, Tsar of Russia, the first ruler of the House of Romanov, in Moscow, Russia

On this day, July 13, 1798 ~ Birth of Charlotte of Prussia, Empress Alexandra of Russia, wife of Emperor Nicholas I of Russia

On this day, July 14, 1704 ~ Demise of Sophia Alexeievna, Regent of Russia during the minority of her brothers Peter I and Ivan V

On this day, July 23, 1781 ~ Birth of Juliane of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, Grand Duchess Anna Feodorovna of Russia in Coburg, Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld

On this day, July 24, 1681 ~ Demise of Agaphia Semenovna, Tsaritsa of Russia, wife of Tsar Feodor III of Russia

On this day, August 8, 1824 ~ Birth of Princess Marie of Hesse and by Rhine, Tsarina Marie Alexandrovna of Russia, wife of Tsar Alexander II of Russia, in Darmstadt, Grand Duchy of Hesse and by Rhine

On this day, August 9, 1669 ~ Birth of Eudoxia Feodorovna Lopukhina, Tsaritsa of Russia, wife of Tsar Peter I of Russia, in Moscow, Russia

Back
Top Bottom