Members of the Extended Romanov Family, past and present

• Thread starter CountessofLuxembourg
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Condolences to his loved ones. RIP:flowers:

But he isn't the oldest relative of Nicholas II. Prince Philip is the same distance relationship and us 95. There is also Nicholas' great nephew, Prince Andrew,a grandson of Nicholas' sister Xenia. Andrew is 93.

But Prince Dimitri was a member of the Romanoff Family which Prince Philip isn't.

But Prince Dimitri was a member of the Romanoff Family which Prince Philip isn't.

The article didn't say oldest Romanov. It said oldest relative of the late tsar. Dmitri was only third, behind Philip and Andrew. Philip is pretty distant, but Andrew is much closer related then dmitri, simply in the female line.

In Memoriam |

President of the Russian Nobility Association in America (2002-2017)​
1930-2017​
The Board of the Russian Nobility Association in America announces with great regret the death of its President, Dr. Cyril Erastovich Geacintov.
Cyril Erastovich Geacintov was born in 1930 into a Russian noble family with clerical roots in the early 17th century. Dr. Geacintov’s family entered the Russian Imperial civil service, and were ultimately granted hereditary nobility. Members of his family graduated from the Imperial military schools and served as officers in the Caucasus, Crimea, and many other places.

Princess Olga presented her new book 'A Wild and Barefoot Romanov' at Waterstones in London today, October 13:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Princess Olga attended the Russian Debutante Ball at the Grosvenor Hotel in London yesterday, November 4:

** rex gallery **

Prince Felix Yussopov

Manuel II of Portugal and Prince Felix Felixovich Yusupov
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pZ5mBue_...43_1823472781254299_7875805719413399632_n.jpg

Does anyone know more about this prince?

Prince Felix is famous for the murder of the monk Grigori Rasputin. He also once dressed up in his mothers pearls and was hit on at the theatre by King Edward VII. Prince Felix wrote an hilarious book called Lost Splendour in 1932 about his life. It is absolutely worth a read. Look it up. His mother, the lovely Zinaide Yussopov was richer than the Imperial family. Felix was a cross dresser. His wife didn't seem to care. He managed to smuggle some important things out of St Petersburg during the revolution. They escaped to Paris and had to sell jewels etc to afford to live. Try the web site Alexander Palace Time Machine. They have everything about Felix on there.
Good Luck.

Prince Felix is famous for the murder of the monk Grigori Rasputin. He also once dressed up in his mothers pearls and was hit on at the theatre by King Edward VII. Prince Felix wrote an hilarious book called Lost Splendour in 1932 about his life. It is absolutely worth a read. Look it up. His mother, the lovely Zinaide Yussopov was richer than the Imperial family. Felix was a cross dresser. His wife didn't seem to care. He managed to smuggle some important things out of St Petersburg during the revolution. They escaped to Paris and had to sell jewels etc to afford to live. Try the web site Alexander Palace Time Machine. They have everything about Felix on there.
Good Luck.

Hello. Thank you very much for the response. :flowers:

Good Luck.

I have a copy of "Lost Splendor" and yes it is quite a read! I absolutely devoured it as I am fascinated by the decadence and hedonism of Czarist Russia.

I am pretty sure all or much of the humor in the book was unintentional...the loving detail with which cross dressing Felix describes his various costumes, how utterly vain and spoilt he was.

One passage in particular had me howling...he becomes defensive when asked about the rumors surrounding his sexual orientation. ."...I like women well enough I suppose. .as long as they are NICE.":lol: (paraphrasing)

Then there are the many pages devoted to the semi-farcical botched murder of Rasputin, of which Felix was one of the ringleaders..black comedy at it's best-or worst.

It's difficult to find a copy bit it's worth it to try.

Last edited:

Prince Hans-Georg Yourievsky and his wife Elikonida attended the German premiere of the Broadway musical "Anastasia" in Stuttgart, Germany, today, November 15:

** Pic **

I haOne passage in particular had me howling...he becomes defensive when asked about the rumors surrounding his sexual orientation. ."...I like women well enough I suppose. .as long as they are NICE.":lol: (paraphrasing)

Then y.

what did he mean by "nice"? Did he mean socially ladies? Sexually virtuous?

The Chancellery of the Imperial Household of Russia announced today the death of Princess Olga Nikolaevna Kulikovskaya at 94 years of age. She was the widow of the last nephew of Tsar Nicholas II

It is nice, that she is died as a princess! RIP!

But I have to ask out of curiosity: Since when is she a princess? I mean, Olga Alexandrovna, of which her husband was a descendent, lost her title for marrying the love of her life. Unimaginable today, in the times of all these commoners becoming spouses of royals, but a sad fact.

:imperialrussia:
After the recent passing of the late Prince Andrej Andreyevitsch ,head of the Romanovs,it is Prince Alexej Andreevitsch who is now Head of the Romanovs and his brother,Prince Peter Andreevitsch is his successor as such.Good!

Prince George Yourievsky and Princess Elikonida Yourievsky attended the event on the Island of Mainau on 25th June.
Klaus Maria Brandauer performed with the Südwestdeutsche Philharmonie Konstanz on the island of Mainau, three days after his 80th birthday Klaus Maria Brandauer slipped into the role of the former Mainau Castle and park owner Prince Nikolaus II Esterházy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct9sL8EsRRd/

Last edited:
Good for you.

Re Romanov Family, past and present, here's a great YouTube fan documentary from the amazing team at Useful Charts. The body of work they do in the channel and the Reddit page is always impressive. Plus, they also team with other genealogy-oriented YouTubers and encourage fans to create their own charts in an annual competition they do online.

Back
Top Bottom