Members of the Extended Romanov Family, past and present

• Thread starter CountessofLuxembourg
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Knowing about one's predilections puts events in context, doesn't it? And it does make historical figures more flesh and blood individuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
The monuments of two Russian Tzars are to appear in Vologda

New monuments may appear in Vologda. The city’s department of town-planning has put forward the initiative of establishing monuments to Ivan IV and Peter I.
Both of these Russian tsars in different historical periods visited Vologda several times. Steadfast attention of Ivan the Terrible to Vologda in due time even brought about a version that the tsar was going to shift the capital of the Russian state to Vologda.
Peter I the Great visited Vologda at least five times. The history monument - "House of Peter I" - on the bank of Vologda river still remains a favourite place of interest both for Vologda dwellers and tourists. - Russia InfoCenter

I'm not sure if I post this message to the proper thread, and I'll appreciate any help of the moderators. And -- do we have any specific thread for HIM Peter I Alexeevich the Great and for the Rurikids (Ivan IV Vasilyevich for example) here?

Some help finding a pic

I'm trying to find a pic taken at Ernie and Ducky's wedding, but where the bridal pair is not in it. Kaiser Wilhelm II is standing next to Nicholas, with his hand on his shoulders, Ella and Serge are sitting in the front with the children, and Alix is in the middle row, with a smile on her face. Or at least a happy expression. I've tried to search everywhere, but can find it nowhere on line.

Have you tried Google or Bing? The Library of Congress has royal pictures also.

Descendants of morganatic marriages of members of the Imperial Family

In the XXth century almost all the members of the Imprial Family had morganatic marriages ad that's why today we have only two members in the Imprial House (HIH GD Maria and HIH GD George).But there are also descendants of morganatic marriages of the XIXth century.

Here we can speak about all these descendants and their lives even if their surname is Paley, Illinsky,Romanowsky,Yurievsky or other.

Re: Romanov Relations

Does anyone here know any information on Princess Natalia Chemenev (married to Alexandre Obreskoff?) and what her relation is in the line of the Romanov family tree? Who was her father and mother? I am doing a study on her here in Paris and have found pretty much almost nothing mentioned about her. I would appreciate anyone help in this search. Does there exist any books about her already?

Regards from France

Jay Mallory

Jay,

I googled both names and came up with zip. Can you give us whatever information you may have on Natalia and Alexandre?

Does anyone here know any information on Princess Natalia Chemenev (married to Alexandre Obreskoff?) and what her relation is in the line of the Romanov family tree? Who was her father and mother? I am doing a study on her here in Paris and have found pretty much almost nothing mentioned about her. I would appreciate anyone help in this search. Does there exist any books about her already?

Regards from France

Jay Mallory

Are you asking about GD Michael Alexanderovich's wife, Nathalie Cheremetevskaya?. I believe her first love mentioned was a law student Dimitri Abrikosov [?Obreskoff]. As far as I know, they were never married. Her first husband was Sergei Manontov. Her second marriage was to a German-Russian Vladimir Wulfert. She divorsed Vladimir and married GD Michael. Later, she was known as Countesss Brasova. Emperor "Outside" of Russia Kyrill gave her title of Serene Highness Princess Romanovskaya-Brasova.

Old spellings can give a person a real headache when a person is looking through modern books for data.

Her father was "Nobelman" Sergei Aleksandrovich Sheremetevsky [Cheremetevsky]. Her mother was Julia Vladislavovna.

AGRBear

Perhaps it's Natalia or Natasha Schremetev?

I've read the bio on Wiki for Michael's wife, Natalia. According to it, she was born a Schremetevsky, married first a Mamontov, then a Wulfert, then Michael. No Obreskoff and it does not appear her daughter, also called Natalia, married a Gielgud and then a Gray, ever married an Obreskoff.

re: Natalia Obreskoff

Sorry for my late reply, I travel a lot doing research and do not get much time to check my emails. I believe that this may help you with the search. She was one of Chopin's best of friends and it is said that Chopin had passed away in her arms in 17th October 1849. There seems to be so little information about her. Does this help anyone? I am still digging for more information and goingthrough many articles and papers from the times, there seems to be not a lot on her? Though it is said she did many charitable and honorable things for Chopin and the Music world, she seems to disappear from the history books.

I have more information now! Yay!
Husband of Natalia is said to be General Obreskoff (?) Ambassador of Russia in Paris?
Natalia Cheremetiev (Schremetevsky?) Born 1795 death 1862 in Vichy France
daughter of Prince Vassily Cheremetiev (?)
Natalia duaghters named Tatiana Marchenko and Catherine who married the Prince Souzo ( Catherine was student of Chopin).

Does this help?
And yes, I have seen about 30 or 40 different spelling already for all the name connected lol! Its incredible how the spellings were apparently change or misspelled in old journals of the time. I really hope this helps a bit, this is the most tiring search I have ever done!

Thank you all

Jay

Kyrill Aleksandrovitch Prince Iskander (1914-1992)

Does anyone know anthing about Prince Kyrill Aleksandrovitch Iskander? I understand his name was changed when he was adopted by his stepfather. Other than that and the fact that he remained in Russia after the revolution I have only his birth and death dates. I have read a number of interesting things about his younger sister Natalya including that she was the source of information for the novel White Night. I am also aware that she married and had a daughter. I have found no facts about Kyrill. I would like to know what he did for a living, where he lived who his friends were, whether or not he married. I'm just interested in anything anybody knows about his life.

Read more about another representative of the large family of Romanov,here is the biography of historian and businessman,the noble Aleksandr Nikitich Romanov:
romanovtoday -
Google

Thanks Lenora. :flowers:

The article's context, appearing as it does on a page or blog headed "romanovtoday", may be slightly misleading for some members.
Prince Alexander actually died in 2002 so the article is more of a short bio or obituary.

Nicoletta Romanoff: The Other Romanovs' Girl

Nicoletta Romanoff, the granddaughter of Russian Prince Nicholas Romanov, will arrive in Melbourne late next week for the first big day of the Spring Racing Carnival next Saturday. - Source

More info about Nicoletta at Wiki, IMDB and her official site.

The Romanov family is so vast, so much like the other Eastern European and Eastern families. So many of them and so varied in interests.

Prince Rostislav Romanov

I thought we should start a thread about Prince Rostislav, who is supposedly the other rival that the rest of the Romanovs support in favor of being Head of House.

I thought we should start a thread about Prince Rostislav, who is supposedly the other rival that the rest of the Romanovs support in favor of being Head of House.
Why not to post your info in this thread?
Prince Rostislav never claimed thr right to be a head of Imperial family. He is one of the plenty Romanovs' descendants. Why a special thread?
I wish I knew...:whistling:

He's a direct descendent of Grand Duchess Xenia and considered to be hte next Head of the Romanov Family Association.

In 1998 Prince Rostislav visited Russia with his parents and siblings to attend the funeral of Emperor Nicholas II and his family. Six months later he died on the 7th of January 1999, during the Russian Christmas celebration. Though he had a cancer treatment, some speculate that, while in Russia he contracted a rare illness from the dust at the church where the funeral was held. This left Rostislav and his family facing financial difficulties due to the loss of his father's income. In order to provide for the family, Rostislav's mother turned an 18th century mansion in Rye, East Sussex into a bed and breakfast. The mansion however was in a semi-derelict state and in need of renovation. As there was no kitchen to begin with, Rostislav and his siblings used to have to carry buckets of water up to the bathroom in order to wash the dishes in the bathtub.[1] His widowed mother married David Whitney Erskine Russell the heir to the title Baron Ampthill on 6 July 2002.[2]

He definately had a less than princely upbringing. I wonder why the income stopped, it should have at least gone to Rostislav.

:previous:
The income stopped because the breadwinner of the family, Prince Rostislav [snr], died aged 61. His eldest son, Prince Rostislav [jnr], was 14 at the time.
He's now 26 and as his public profile is virtually zero there's little point in having a thread devoted to him.

For the reason stated immediately above the newly-created thread for Prince Rostislav Romanov [jnr] has been merged into the 'Extended Members of the Romanov Family' thread.

Warren
Russian Forums moderator

his step father is lord ampthill if i recall whos father was in the virgin brith case hes living in st petersburg and attends frequalty at galas if i recall correctly there was a post of him at a gala in st petersburg last year

I wonder how well Rostislav gets along with his stepfather.

Celebrities At The Melbourne Cup 2011 | Birdcage Celebrities 2011
Causing a frisson of excitement in the Emirates marquee yesterday was Princess Natasha Romanoff and her daughter Nicoletta, who had flown to Melbourne from their Italian home for the Cup.
Serenaded by the international opera quartet Il Divo, the mother-and-daughter duo appeared slightly bemused by all the attention they were attracting, the princess telling PS: ''It is nothing like this when we go somewhere in Europe.''

Back
Top Bottom