Grand Duke Georgi, son and heir of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna (2008-Oct. 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inclined to agree with Odette. Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna tends to emphasise the fact that her parents' marriage was equal, which qualified her for a Head of the Russian Imperial House. Therefore, she has to try to arrange an equal marriage for Grand Duke Georgi.

:previous: I am happy we agree Al Bina. :flowers:Now someone has to convince the GD to accept his mother's choice of a prospective bride.:whistling:

If required, Grand Duchess is sure to find convincing arguments as to why an arrange marriage must take place. You know something along the lines "Noblesse oblige".

:previous: LOL I am sure she has been rehearsing her arguments since he was born. Do you know if the prospective brides have to be Russian Orthodox or they must convert?
I know they have accepted German and Danish princesses in the past but wonder how close to the old customs GD Maria is adherng to.

Any wife of Prince George (a claimant to the Headship of the Imperial Family) would have to belong or convert to Orthodox faith.

I guess Maria Vladimirovna may arrange George's marriage to an 'appropriate' candidate, just for enough time for an Heir to be born. After that... Well, divorces do happen.
And although the idea of marrying anyone for 'dynastic' reasons may seem unconceivable for many of us, I am sure there will be one or two girls from suitable background (belonging to current or former Royal House), who’d be quite willing to do so just for the sake of exposure, limelight and publicity.

Last edited:
So royal princesses are just like minor media celebs: they seek the celebrity lifestyle. It isn't like that; these are mainly well educated young women with careers or sufficient funds. If it is obvious the GD of Russia marries purely for spurious dynastic reasons (as I have stated before this is archaic and dangerous in the 21st century) then one may as well say goodbye to any regard the House of Romanov may still have.

There is ambition and thirst for fame everywhere; don’t tell me there wouldn’t be at least a couple of women from (minor and unknown) Royal Houses, who aren’t the same just because of their blue blood. Yes, most would laugh off such a prospect (as someone said earlier in this thread, marrying a Romanov is hardly marrying up these days) but there will always be one or two, who’d be willing to ‘cooperate’.

As for regard for the House of Romanov, I don’t know how much of that is left in Russia in any case, so a Royal-Royal wedding could actually be beneficial; there would be no proof that it’s a loveless match and all the pomp is bound to attract attention to Maria Vladimirovna and her son.

Last edited:
It's not going to be easy to find a royal bride for Gregori. There aren't that many princesses running around that (a) are willing to convert to Orthodoxy; (b) wish to marry a disputed heir of a non-reigning House who isn't rich.

Didn't Maria get a chunk of change from the sale of jewelry? THat might sweeten the pot. . .:popcorn:

Grand Duke Georgi current events

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/legitimist/view/126376/

His IMPERIAL Highness Grand Duke Georgiy Mikhaylovich came to Moscow from Brussels on 30 January 2010 in the evening. Official visit of the Heir of the Head of the Russian IMPERIAL House is dedicated to participation in celebrations of the first anniversary of enthronisation of Holy Patriarch of Moscow and All-Russia Kirill. Also Grand Duke will meet with representatives of different branches of state authorities, businessmen and social activists.

Under the information of a press-secretary
of the Moscow Department of the RIU-O

More in detail here in Russian (fоto) http://nikolaevec.livejournal.com/113791.html

Last edited by a moderator:
General Question: What would HIH Reginal name be, by chance?

:previous:
There was Grand Prince George I of the Kievan Rus in the 1100s who is said to have founded Moscow but none by that name since.
I'd assume the current Georgi's regnal name would therefore be Georgi I.

Thank you, another low Reginal Number in a row as his mother would be HIM MARIA I.

There was also a Grand Prince of Vladimir (1212–1216, 1218–1238) Georgy II Vsevolodovich and was Prince of Moscow (1303-1325) and Grand Prince of Vladimir (from 1317) Georgiy III Danilovich. But the exact information is not present.

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4111/legitimist.7/0_1ef18_23a18f3e_L.jpg

Grand Duke Georgiy Mikhaylovich (in the left) with great-great-grandson of the Emperor Alexander III Paul Kulikovsky after the reception

On occasion of the official visit to Moscow of His IMPERIAL Highness Grand Duke GEORGIY MIKHAYLOVICH a big reception was done on 31 January 2010 in the Pilgrims’ Centre of the Moscow Patriarchy.
In the beginning of the reception Grand Duke on behalf of His Mother a Head of the Russian IMPERIAL House Grand Duchess MARIA VLADIMIROVNA presented several loyal to the House people with IMPERIAL orders.
Then during the party guests had possibility to talk with Grand Duke.
There were a chairman of the Central Electoral Commission of the Russian Federation Sir Vladimir Churoff, representatives of the Russian Parliament, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation, foreign diplomats and representatives of the Orthodox Church among the guests of the reception as well as the delegation of the Russian Imperial Union-Order.

Chancellery of the Commander of the RIU-O

Which one of Nicholas II sister is Paul Kulikovsky descended from?

The Grand Duke is very pleasant in dialogue, perfectly supports conversation in English and Russian languages. I still had the most pleasant impressions of a meeting with it.

Thanks for the photo!
It is nice to see Grand Duke Georgiy performing official duties. The generals will benefit from loosing some weight though.

The Grand Duke is very pleasant in dialogue, perfectly supports conversation in English and Russian languages. I still had the most pleasant impressions of a meeting with it.
Do you think he could rule a kingdome were the monarch restored? I don't have an opinion of him either way, btw. I am just curious what other people think.

He'd have enough time to 'train' for the role under HIH Maria I his mother. If that were to happen this year. He would be able to 'grow into' the role no doubt.

He'd have enough time to 'train' for the role under HIH Maria I his mother. If that were to happen this year. He would be able to 'grow into' the role no doubt.
Oh we all know that, Tayler. Kyrill was "training" for it when Nicky was still on the throne.

Does anyone know if Georgi has been linked to any possible matches? Maybe some Prussian cousin?

Russian 'Paris Hilton' as a possible match for Georgi

There were plans in 1990s authorized by late Russian president Boris Yeltzin to restore the monarchy in Russia through the marriage of Grand Duke Georgi and Xenia "Ksyusha" Sobchak. The negotiations were stopped because of the discussion of the dowry.

The project is still actual.
Google Translate

Ms. Sobchak and Grand Duke Georgi are polar opposites. I know opposites attract, but not in this case.

Opposites attract, mostly, in magnets. People have to have something in common. They don't look like a match, he is dowdy, she is more elegant. I don't know anything about their likes or intellect. He has no real standing to attract, as he is a vague possibility to a very doubtful maybe.

Yes,he could also be better looking if he is to lose his weight a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom