Grand Duke Georgi, son and heir of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna (2008-Oct. 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happy news. Always happy to hear a dog finds a new home. :flowers:

Older dogs are always harder to re-home, and for some reason at least over here black dogs too (don't get it). Happy to know King will have a safe warm home and new family in time for Christmas.

The reason why Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna wants an equal marriage for her son is because the claim of her branch on the leadership of the Imperial House rests on them being the last dynasts remaining. In their view, which is in accordance with the Pauline laws of succession, all other descendants of the family are not members of the Imperial House because of them being descendants of princess and grand dukes who married against the terms of the law of succession. Should Grand Duke Georgi marry a non-royal the result would be that their claim rests on an even shakier ground than it already is.
Right you are!

Last edited by a moderator:
But it's not Rebecca Bettarini?

So reportedly an engagement is imminent!

Good luck to both of them!

At the mention of both of them attending services in Moscow to celebrate George's birthday in March - all parents joined them except Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirowna...
Instead of her there was George's stepmother, Princess Nadia of Prussia, nee Nour with whom he apparently has a very good contact.

So reportedly an engagement is imminent!

Good luck to both of them!

At the mention of both of them attending services in Moscow to celebrate George's birthday in March - all parents joined them except Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirowna...

Apparently the Grand Duchess could not travel to Russia because of the COVID 19 travel restrictions.

It would seem like an engagement is imminent then. Have they solved the "problem" of it not being an "equal marriage"? Wasn't a big part of their claim to the Russian throne based on Georgi's parents both being royal and dynasts?

Not that that should matter for a non existent throne anyway but it seemed to matter very much to them.

It would seem like an engagement is imminent then. Have they solved the "problem" of it not being an "equal marriage"? Wasn't a big part of their claim to the Russian throne based on Georgi's parents both being royal and dynasts?

Not that that should matter for a non existent throne anyway but it seemed to matter very much to them.

Many other no longer reigning families, particularly in Germany, solved the same "problem" by saying that the head of the house has the right to alter the marriage rules.

Many other no longer reigning families, particularly in Germany, solved the same "problem" by saying that the head of the house has the right to alter the marriage rules.

In the former reigning german Families most had no such strict rules like in Russia where he spouse not only had to be fromequal birth but also to convert to the orthodos faith then Russia. And in most cases the marriage requirement was part of the House Law and no real law like in Russia so it was easier for the Head of the House to adapt them.

Grand Duke Georgy's girlfriend, Rebecca Bettarini, has converted to Russian Orthodoxy. Pre-marriage conversion? See pictures here:

imperialhouse.ru/en/allnews-en/news/2020-07-14-h-i-h-the-heir-tsesarevich-and-grand-duke-george-of-russia-visits-st-petersburg-11-13-july-2020.html
She has taken the new name of Victoria Romanovna Bettarini. Romanovna is due to her father's name 'Robert' ('Robert' can also be 'Roman' in Russian). Rebecca, or Victoria, is the head of the Russian Imperial Foundation. https://www.instagram.com/russian_imperial_foundation/
http://imperialhouse.ru/images/2020-07-14/5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Georgi and Joachim look like they have known each other for years instead of having just met.

Grand Duke Georgy's girlfriend, Rebecca Bettarini, has converted to Russian Orthodoxy. Pre-marriage conversion? See pictures here:

imperialhouse.ru/en/allnews-en/news/2020-07-14-h-i-h-the-heir-tsesarevich-and-grand-duke-george-of-russia-visits-st-petersburg-11-13-july-2020.html
She has taken the new name of Victoria Romanovna Bettarini. Romanovna is due to her father's name 'Robert' ('Robert' can also be 'Roman' in Russian). Rebecca, or Victoria, is the head of the Russian Imperial Foundation. https://www.instagram.com/russian_imperial_foundation/
http://imperialhouse.ru/images/2020-07-14/5.jpg
And the archbishop (?) received an order in return?!

Last edited:
And the bishop (?) received an order in return?!

That is not really exceptional. That is also the case in other Royal Houses that someone whom offers a service to the royal family is given a decoration. The Reverend Minister who married, baptised and buried several members of the Netherlands' royal family was made a Knight in the Order of Orange-Nassau.

How are Georg Prinz von Preussen (Georgy Romanov) and Joachim Murat, principe de Pontecorvo "cousins"?

I wondered that myself. The only relationship I could uncover is so distant I suspect they call each other "cousin" as a friendly joke.

Both Georgi and Joachim are descendants of Christian III, Pfalgzgraf of Zweibrucken-Birkenfeld (1674-1735).

Georgi has several lines including this one:

Christian III > Karoline (1721-1774) m. Ludwig IX, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt > Friederike (1751-1805) m. Friedrich Wilhelm II King of Prussia > Friedrich Wilhelm III (1770-1840) > Charlotte (1798-1860) m. Nikolai I Emperor of Russia > Alexander II (1818-1881) > Vladimir (1847-1909) > Kyrill (1876-1938) > Vladimir (1917-1992) > Maria (b 1953) > Georgi (b 1981)

Jerome has one line:

Christian III > Friedrich Michael (1724-1767) > Maria Anna (1753-1824) m. Wilhelm, Duke in Bavaria > Marie Elisabeth (1784-1849) m. Louis Alexandre Berthier 1st Prince de Neufchatel & Duc de Wagram > Napoleon 2nd Prince (1810-1887) > Malcy (1832-1884) m. Joachim Murat 4 Prince Murat (1834-1901) > Joachim 5 Prince (1856-1936) > Joachim 6 Prince (1885-1938) > Joachim 7 Prince (1920-1944) > Joachim 8 Prince (b 1944) > Joachim Prince de Ponte Corvo (b 1973).

Georgi is also related to another line of Murats who descend from Achille Murat (1847-1895), a younger son of Jerome's ancestor the 2nd Prince Murat. Achille married Princess Salome Davidovna Dadian-Mingrelie, a Georgian princess who shared a descent from King Irakly II of Georgia (1721-1798) with Georgi's grandmother Grand Duchess Leonida, born Princess Bagration-Moukhransky.

Last edited:
I wondered that myself. The only relationship I could uncover is so distant I suspect they call each other "cousin" as a friendly joke.

Both Georgi and Joachim are descendants of Christian III, Pfalgzgraf of Zweibrucken-Birkenfeld (1674-1735).

Georgi has several lines including this one:

Christian III > Karoline (1721-1774) m. Ludwig IX, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt > Friederike (1751-1805) m. Friedrich Wilhelm II King of Prussia > Friedrich Wilhelm III (1770-1840) > Charlotte (1798-1860) m. Nikolai I Emperor of Russia > Alexander II (1818-1881) > Vladimir (1847-1909) > Kyrill (1876-1938) > Vladimir (1917-1992) > Maria (b 1953) > Georgi (b 1981)

Jerome has one line:

Christian III > Friedrich Michael (1724-1767) > Maria Anna (1753-1824) m. Wilhelm, Duke in Bavaria > Marie Elisabeth (1784-1849) m. Louis Alexandre Berthier 1st Prince de Neufchatel & Duc de Wagram > Napoleon 2nd Prince (1810-1887) > Malcy (1832-1884) m. Joachim Murat 4 Prince Murat (1834-1901) > Joachim 5 Prince (1856-1936) > Joachim 6 Prince (1885-1938) > Joachim 7 Prince (1920-1944) > Joachim 8 Prince (b 1944) > Joachim Prince de Ponte Corvo (b 1973).

Georgi is also related to another line of Murats who descend from Achille Murat (1847-1895), a younger son of Jerome's ancestor the 2nd Prince Murat. Achille married Princess Salome Davidovna Dadian-Mingrelie, a Georgian princess who shared a descent from King Irakly II of Georgia (1721-1798) with Georgi's grandmother Grand Duchess Leonida, born Princess Bagration-Moukhransky.

Yes, I saw it in the Roglo database too. Extremely far related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom