Grand Duke Georgi, son and heir of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna (2008-Oct. 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
auctually i did see his picture at a few parties for noblety theres even a picture of him and a famous former spy which was taken in england

To be honest, there isn't much to talk about; he's not living a jet set lifestyle or running around showing off bad behavior. He isn't a major public figure and he isn't at all as active socially as the rest of (even the dethroned) the world's royalty.

And because of that it's open season just to be nasty about his looks and his mother?

But it does seem to be the way this thread goes.

Look, basically, they are both non-entities. He seems like a fine young man, and you are right, taking shots at his looks is unkind. On the world stage, if you are not in Russia? or somewhere near there and are not in this kind of a group, no one knows who they are. He is part Hohenzolleren, Romanov and Bagration. It won't buy him a ticket on a metro. His mother seems intent in pushing his inheritance rights, when they seem far fetched, not because of pedigree, but because the world is not busy adding monarchies back. Especially, Hohenzollerens and Romanovs. Their familes mucked up a great deal before. He can marry a princess or a prince or a cat, but the end result will not change. What many have said, is he needs to do what makes him happy, which is important. Of course, no one here has spoken with them, have you? He seems to be a nice young man, she seem to have her agenda.

I haven't spoken with him but I have read what he's said and he certainly doesn't say anything that'd prove your theory. Likewise with his mother.

I have no theory. No one, really, knows.

I like to write him a letter, but I don't have a postal adress. Can anyone help me?

No, Grand Duke Georgi is not married yet, although I've heard that he has a girlfriend, Rebecca Bettarini. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks you :)

should she marry a royalty? :)

who is batareani? :) royalty girl ? :)

:previous: I don't really follow the Russian Royals, so unfortunately I can't answer your questions. I think Rebecca is an Italian, but I'm not 100% sure on this. She's not royal or related to royalty AFAIK. :flowers:

Under the old dynastic law no, he cannot.

But in a recent interview, Grand Duke's mother admitted some changes in case Georgi chooses to marry a woman outside royal or noble circle.

by the way where is leonida bagration mukhrani buried? :)

anyone has a photo of her tomb stone?

Her Son came in Antwerp for the Dinner organized by Princess lea with his girlfriend.

Royal Russia News: Interview with Grand Duke George of Russia with M. N. Kulybin, Editor of the Newspaper Monarkhist
1. Your Imperial Highness, you are the heir, the continuation, of a great dynasty, which is this year celebrating its 400th anniversary. What does this anniversary mean to you personally?

Everyone should remember their ancestors and try to be worthy of them—to follow their example in those good, useful, and heroic things they achieved in their lives. And also to draw lessons from the mistakes and sins they may have committed.
Some know more about their ancestors than others. I am rather lucky in this regard, inasmuch as the history of my family is well-known for more than 700 years, during 300 of which my ancestors ruled Russia. Kinship to other dynasties links us to broader world history and to even more ancient epochs. All this imposes on me an enormous responsibility. Like other people, I strive always to do the right thing, but I sometimes make mistakes and missteps. But my accomplishments are, for a whole range of objective reasons, not at all equal to those of my ancestors. And so the consequences of each mistake or weakness are greater for me than for most other people. I know and sense that people expect a lot from us and can sometimes judge us very harshly, comparing what we do with what our ancestors did. But even when we are faced with a lack of objectivity or understanding about the differences in the circumstances in which we live and those in which our ancestors lived, we nonetheless hold ourselves to the highest possible standard. After all, to whom much is given, much is expected.

I see my duty to my countrymen, to my mother, to all my ancestors and descendants, to consist of this: to protect the good name and honor of the Romanoffs. I strive to preserve our traditions and spiritual values so that they may serve the interests of Russia, regardless of the form of government it might have. I feel duty bound to learn as much as I can about my native country, to perfect my Russian, and to make every effort to bring real and lasting benefit to my countrymen, especially to those in need.

At the same time, as the heir to the headship of the Russian Imperial House, which has made an undeniable contribution to the life of our country, I am grateful that evaluations of my words and actions—even the most critical evaluations—are not heartless, ill-willed, or politicized, but well-intentioned; that my fellow countrymen would support me in those things that I do well, and will not immediately seek to teach me a lesson. And if I do not understand something or other, that they would react to this with a brotherly feeling and with understanding of the fate of our dynasty, which has spent so many years in forced exile.
If the interview has been posted, it would be most kind of moderators to delete this post.

Is there anyone who believes that the Netherlands would become less modern, less democratic, less tolerant when the King would not have married an Argentine commoner but an European Princess?

Well no, because in the NL many royals have ended up marrying commoners in the last two generations, *but* when that happened for the first time, with P.Margriet and her husbamd Pieter van Vollenhoven, many members of the royal family (with the exception of Q.Juliana) did not like it at all and for years have regarded him as not an equal familymember...
So even in so called 'modern monarchies' these sentiments are not all gone yet...

According to these recent photos, Georgi is maturing into quite a looker. I'd think that, though, as we look as though we could be siblings! No kidding, he's starting to look quite handsome.

According to these recent photos, Georgi is maturing into quite a looker. I'd think that, though, as we look as though we could be siblings! No kidding, he's starting to look quite handsome.

Agreed! I have thought the same thing recently!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom