Grand Duke Georgi, son and heir of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna (2008-Oct. 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read "Alexander III: His Life and Reign" by Margarita Nelipa and am currently reading "Nicholas and Alexandra" by Robert K. Massie. These two books have gotten me interested in reading about Ella, Empress Alexandra's sister. I have found two books about her. One is " The Life and Death of Ella Grand Duchess of Russia: A Romanov Tragedy" by Christopher Warwick and the other is "Elizabeth: Grand Duchess of Russia" by Hugo Mager. Has anyone read either of these that can tell me if they are good books? Thanks.

The GD seems to be a man, who likes to drag out getting married. Hope he realize, he is not getting younger and so is Rebecca. I am sure they want their name Romanov to go on,so he needs to have an heir. Maybe it is all this Corona crap, that make me impatient. Maybe one day I click on to this site and there is the News. Lets hope it is soon.

Anyone knows how old is Rebecca?

The HGD look good, must be cold in Russia. I like the background, St Basil. Wonder when and if he ever get's married, if it is in Russia or any other place in Europe.

I feel they may announce engagement on George's 40th Birthday! (13 March)

While Georgi and Rebecca are all bundled up it seems like their little baby dog could use an extra fur hat and coat. ;)

Suzdal is one of the oldest Russian towns. In the 12th century it became the capital of the principality, while Moscow was merely one of its subordinate settlements. Currently, Suzdal is the smallest of the Russian Golden Ring towns with a population of approximately 10,000 but it has more than 40 historically important monuments and 200 architectural sites. Several of them are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Suzdal is about a 3 hour, 220km drive from Moscow. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzdal

"Announcement of the Upcoming Wedding of His Imperial Highness The Heir, Tsesarevich, and Grand Duke George of Russia and Nob. Victoria Romanovna Bettarini
The wedding is expected to take place in Autumn 2021. Further details of the date and time of the wedding will be announced in due course."

Russian Imperial House - 2021-01-20 Announcement of the Upcoming Wedding of His Imperial Highness The Heir, Tsesarevich, and Grand Duke George of Russia and Nob. Victoria Romanovna Bettarini

Congratulations to the couple!!

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to this wedding, I am sure it will be a grand occasion. I hope this pandemic is history by than, so everyone and lots of guests can enjoy it and we will see it all, hopefully.

GD Georgi on 14 February:

"Today my cousin HRH prince Joachim Murat and I assisted to the memorial ceremony of the Russian and French soldiers who died in the battle of Borodino in the autumn of 1812, during the Napoléon campaign."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLPfAeihJuB/

Russia has great Historical places from the Romanov era and war memorials I would like to see. Visiting yes living there no way.

I would like to be at this wedding. Something else then Corona Virus for the passed year, day in and day out. A Tiara event one can remember for a very long time. I don't have to dust of my Tiara, the invitation will be lost in the mail ha ha.

Grand Duke Georgi and Rebecca visiting the „Masterpieces of Russian Art of the 11th - early 20th century“ exhibition at the Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow last week:

** ppe gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom