Grand Duke Georgi and Princess Victoria Romanovna News Thread (Oct. 2021 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pics are great, but my God, they need someone to proofread first.
Georgi is NOT descended from Nicholas II. He has no living descendents.

He is a descendent of Tsar Nicholas I. Hoping THAT'S what they meant...

:previous: If they can't figure out that "Kate Middleton" hasn't existed since her wedding to Prince William, the Fail is certainly not going to understand or care about Grand Duke Georgi's lineage!:whistling:

This portrait is really wonderful, she looks very beautiful !

Beautiful photos of the family, including their pets.?

The baby is adorable.

Interesting, I didn't know the late King Constatine was his godfather but his also listed in Hola as his uncle (?). Constatine's sister Irene never married and Queen Sofia, as the Greek royals, are all distant cousins of the Romanovs. His late Georgian princess grandmother I believe is related to the Spanish Borbons.

Last edited:
Interesting, I didn't know the late King Constatine was his godfather but his also listed in Hola as his uncle (?). Constatine's sister Irene never married and Queen Sofia, as the Greek royals, are all distant cousins of the Romanovs. His late Georgian princess grandmother I believe is related to the Spanish Borbons.
The Grand duke's uncle Prince Irakli Bagration-Mukhrani married (as one of his four wives) a granddaughter of King Alfonso XII, Princess María de las Mercedes of Bavaria, Infanta of Spain.

King Constantine being said to be his uncle is most likely because of the tradition in many European countries to call any older relative "uncle" or "aunt". For instance in the birthday video for Queen Margrethe she was called "aunt Daisy" by most of the younger royals.

The Grand duke's ancestor Prince Irakli Bagration-Mukhrani looks just like Rudolph Valentino, no wonder she fell for him! Pic here . She died in 1953, just seven years into her 1946 marriage.

Last edited:
The Grand duke's uncle Prince Irakli Bagration-Mukhrani married (as one of his four wives) a granddaughter of King Alfonso XII, Princess María de las Mercedes of Bavaria, Infanta of Spain.

Infanta María de las Mercedes of Spain, Princess of Bavaria.

Spanish royal titulature took precedence for grandchildren of Spanish sovereigns. Just as it is Prince Joachim to Denmark, Count of Monpezat, rather than Count Joachim of Monpezat, Prince to Denmark.

https://boe.es/datos/pdfs/BOE//1911/277/A00027-00028.pdf

In Spain she, like other infantas and infantes, was often styled using both parents' surnames as Infanta Doña María de las Mercedes of Bavaria and Bourbon.

Aw, what a cute photo! Alexander is such a handsome baby and Great-grandma is beautiful, hard to believe she is 99!

How neat to be able to meet her grandson, hopefully she has many more years ahead of her to enjoy that time with her family

Grand Duke Georgi, Princess Victoria and Alexander posed for some photos in Paris on March 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Together with Prince Stephane Belosselsky and Princess Agnes Belosselsky they attended a mass in sign of peace presided by His Eminence Metropolitan John of Dubna, Archbishop for the Russian Tradition Churches in Western Europe at the Cathedral St. Alexander Nevsky in Paris, also that day:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Beautiful baby, and very happy looking parents !

Alexander is beautiful, and he has gotten so big!

Back
Top Bottom