Grand Duke Georgi and Princess Victoria Romanovna News Thread (Oct. 2021 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats to the Romanov family! Grand Duchess Maria finally gets to be a grandmother. The baby's name, Alexander, is perfect if one day Russia resets itself back to a monarchy to get rid of Putin.

I like the site list his ancestry, and although focusing more on the European line. His Great Grandmother, Princess Leonida Georgievna Bagration-Moukhransky, is from a line older than the European side since the Bagrations go as far back as before Charlemagne and the Byzantine Empire.

Last edited by a moderator:
The young infant is styled as a non-dynast would have been:

Not

His Imperial Highness Alexander Georgyevich Romanov, Grand-Prince of Russia

but

His Serene Highness Prince Alexander Georgyevich Romanov

So to see Maria Vladimirovna leaves it to her son Georgy Michailovich to "upgrade" his spouse and son. To the right and to the left, this is in any way a consequent attitude when for generations her lineage has vested the claim on appropriate marriage policies. Even for her own son, she does not (as so often in other Houses) suddenly become creative in interpreting.

The young infant is styled as a non-dynast would have been:

Not

His Imperial Highness Alexander Georgyevich Romanov, Grand-Prince of Russia

but

His Serene Highness Prince Alexander Georgyevich Romanov

So to see Maria Vladimirovna leaves it to her son Georgy Michailovich to "upgrade" his spouse and son. To the right and to the left, this is in any way a consequent attitude when for generations her lineage has vested the claim on appropriate marriage policies. Even for her own son, she does not (as so often in other Houses) suddenly become creative in interpreting.

I would imaginate that at end either Maria or Georgy ends to upgrade Alexander's title to royal one since otherwise there would be succession crisis on Vladimir Kirillovich lineage. Maria and Georgy has not siblings and Vladimir had only two sisters who married German royalty.

But at end that hardly matters since Russia hardly is going to restore monarchy. In other hand that place is so unpredictable so who knows.

I would imaginate that at end either Maria or Georgy ends to upgrade Alexander's title to royal one since otherwise there would be succession crisis on Vladimir Kirillovich lineage. Maria and Georgy has not siblings and Vladimir had only two sisters who married German royalty.

But at end that hardly matters since Russia hardly is going to restore monarchy. In other hand that place is so unpredictable so who knows.

Forget any restoration. This counts for any European country. The Romanian embedding of their historic Royal House into the republican constitution is the best and most realistic one can get.

But the claim on the headship of the Imperial House by Maria Vladimirovna's lineage becomes wobbly after Georgy Michailovich. Anyway, apart from this: no doubt Rebecca and Alexander Georgyevich will be created Imperial Highnesses and Grand-Princes in due time.

Maria Vladimirovna leaves that to the next "Curator of the Russian Crown".

Last edited:
The official announcement of the birth (currently in Russian only) from the website of the house.

Ð*оссийский Императорский Дом - 2022-10-21 Ð*ождение внука Главы Дома Ð*омановых Князя Александра Георгиевича

It is stated that the child's name was chosen in honor of Saint Grand Prince Alexander Nevsky (who apparently is esteemed by the Romanov dynasty as well as Russia more broadly; his helmet for example was/is featured in the coat of arms of the imperial princes).

Alexander is a fine old name among the Romanov dynasty and beyond. Congratulations to the parents. I’ll bet grandmama Maria is very happy as well.

Pity we don't get to see more of him ! Congratulations again !

The official announcement of the birth (currently in Russian only) from the website of the house.

Ð*оссийский Императорский Дом - 2022-10-21 Ð*ождение внука Главы Дома Ð*омановых Князя Александра Георгиевича

It is stated that the child's name was chosen in honor of Saint Grand Prince Alexander Nevsky (who apparently is esteemed by the Romanov dynasty as well as Russia more broadly; his helmet for example was/is featured in the coat of arms of the imperial princes).

My Edge browser auto translates the page from Russian to English as soon as I open it. Grand Duchess Maria looks so happy, her first grandchild and the future claimant if the nation decides to get rid of Putin and, as Yeltsin wanted, return to a constitutional monarchy that stabilizes everything.

Maybe this should go to another thread but has anyone seen the latest announcement from the Romanov family association?

I noticed the same thing. Interesting.

He is a HSH Prince of Prussia..like his father,nothing more,nothing less.

Maybe this should go to another thread but has anyone seen the latest announcement from the Romanov family association?

Yes I have,and they are right.Absolutely!

What is the latest announcement from the Romanov Family Association?

No, he is not. As a Russian citizen he is Alexander Georgievich Romanoff, just as his father bears the name George Mihaylovich Romanoff on his Russian official papers. Neither Russia, Spain, Germany (the countries of which he father holds citizenship) nor Italy (of which his mother is a citizen) limit the transmission of family names or (in the countries where they are recognized) titles to strict male lines.

I thought a human being couldn't have more than two citizenships!

The royal baby was named after Maria's direct ancestor Emperor Alexander II.

I thought a human being couldn't have more than two citizenships!
In Sweden for instance it's legal to hold more than two citizenships.

What is the latest announcement from the Romanov Family Association?
They congratulate him on the birth of his son, but in summary say that Maria’s claims to being head of the house have fallen by the wayside since she had been using the Pauline laws to push aside the other family members given the status of her son’s marriage which even Maria herself knows is morganatic. In any case, the other branches of the family aren’t claiming to be head of the house or claiming the throne, they are simply part of the Romanov family association.

No, he is not. As a Russian citizen he is Alexander Georgievich Romanoff, just as his father bears the name George Mihaylovich Romanoff on his Russian official papers. Neither Russia, Spain, Germany (the countries of which he father holds citizenship) nor Italy (of which his mother is a citizen) limit the transmission of family names or (in the countries where they are recognized) titles to strict male lines.

He is,and I stand by the Romanov Family Association,they are correct.

He takes a title..although defunct so it´s just couleur locale...after his
grandfather,a german Hohenzollern prince,hence wee Alexander is a
german prince,a Serene Highness btw..Auch dass noch...

He is,and I stand by the Romanov Family Association,they are correct.

He takes a title..although defunct so it´s just couleur locale...after his
grandfather,a german Hohenzollern prince,hence wee Alexander is a
german prince,a Serene Highness btw..Auch dass noch...
Couleur locale? What exactly do you mean?

No, he is not. As a Russian citizen he is Alexander Georgievich Romanoff, just as his father bears the name George Mihaylovich Romanoff on his Russian official papers. [...]

He is [...]

This article includes a photograph of Georgi's marriage certificate. The surname is visible: Romanov.

https://histoiresroyales.fr/photos-...khailovitch-russie-victoria-romanovna-moscou/

Last edited:
So nice little family ! Such a beautiful baby !

Prince Alexander is adorable! And Princess Victoria is looking fantastic.;)

The Grand Duke seems to be a very private person, and this is one of the rare times I've seen him smiling.

Back
Top Bottom