Grand Duke Georgi and Princess Victoria Romanovna News Thread (Oct. 2021 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am pleased for the couple...but why announce the sex of the child before it is born?:ermm:

Is there precedent for this among Royal/Princely couples?

ETA: Victoria is looking amazing!

Last edited:
They are not the first : I remember Prince Laurent announcing before the birth the sex and the future name of his first born (Louise)

They are not the first : I remember Prince Laurent announcing before the birth the sex and the future name of his first born (Louise)

And in Spain it wes announced that Sofia would be a girl, quiet early in the pregnancy.

Am I the only thinking she looks younger than before her wedding ?

Grand Duke George and Princess Victoria in St Petersburg yesterday 23 September

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci5M_1gNa6k/?hl=el

Congrats to the parents. This picture of her reminded me of the old saying if the belly is low, it's a boy, high it's a girl. When the child is born it will be the first Romanov in Russia since the revolution and from his Grandmother's Bragation side, part of the oldest known family in history. The Bragrations and ancestors where around during the Roman Empire, and that's one really old family that if restored will be older than Denmark's.

"“As future parents, we hope that our child is healthy and can live in a better world. For our part, we will do our best to support him and teach him not only universal values but also provide him with an education and openness to the world."

Princess Victoria -pictured in her 9th month of pregnancy at home with her dog, said in a recent interview.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjQ-iSRPBm7/

Princess Victoria visited a dog shelter where she met with volunteers and took out for a walk a 10 years old dog.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjTgfJcPYqy/?hl=el

Last edited:
:previous: Now little Zhong will have some companions for when the baby arrives. Very sweet pictures esp the Husky planting a dog kiss on GD George's face.

Cute dogs, all three. Love they adopted rescue dogs in need of a home.:flowers:

Wow I missed a lot. I had no idea they were pregnant. Guess one upside I dont have a long wait for birth.

Very belated congratulations to the couple and their families.

I like how the husky looks directly into the camera.

;)6
Congrats to the parents. This picture of her reminded me of the old saying if the belly is low, it's a boy, high it's a girl. When the child is born it will be the first Romanov in Russia since the revolution and from his Grandmother's Bragation side, part of the oldest known family in history. The Bragrations and ancestors where around during the Roman Empire, and that's one really old family that if restored will be older than Denmark's.

But in this particular case, HSH has a low belly because she is within a few weeks-perhaps even days-of giving birth. The baby has settled into birth position.

The same would be true regardless of the child's sex.;)

Last edited:
Congratulations to parents and grandparents!

Welcome to the world, Prince Alexander!

?:bunny::lucky::duckie::hug::rose2::rose2:??

Hurray! I was wondering just yesterday when HSH would have her baby.

But I thought the child would be an Imperial Highness like his father, since he is the hair's direct descendant?

Good that Princess Victoria succeeded in carrying her baby to full term!
(among women aged 35+, especially primiparas, there is much bigger risk of pre-term birth).

Hurray! I was wondering just yesterday when HSH would have her baby.

But I thought the child would be an Imperial Highness like his father, since he is the hair's direct descendant?

I noticed the same thing. Interesting.

Congratulations to the parents and grandparents! This is the kind of good news guaranteed to brighten the day.

Congratulations to Grand Duke Georgi and Princess Victoria!
With the announcement of Prince Alexander's name, there is no pondering as to what the baby's name will be.

Congratulations!!!!!!And what a beautiful name!!!

Congratulations. The name is very beautiful. Wishing to see a picture of the baby. Where was the child born?
Why is the baby His Serene Highness?

Last edited:
Congratulations. The name is very beautiful. Wishing to see a picture of the baby. Where was the child born?
Why is the baby His Serene Highness?
As the marriage of his parents are morganatic he shares the title of his mother instead of that of his father.

Back
Top Bottom