Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna: June 2008-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ukrainians are not usually too close to the Russians so...

To the best of my knowledge, the Eastern part of Ukraine tends to have a more friendly attitude toward Russians and all things Russian than the Western part.

Last edited:
The western part of Ukraine is mainly greek-catholic and the Russians are not very welcomed in that region.

:previous:
Greeks are not Catholics, Polish are. The West Ukraine has got a lot of people with Polish roots.

The Greek Catholic church or the uniate church in Ukraine is a church born when the Poles managed to conquer cities - states belonging to Riukhikides (first dynasty of the oriental Slavs). It is about a compromise of some catholics orthodoxes not to be persecuted as most of the orthodox Christians. Even today it's a church with the orthodox rites and dogms but placed under the authority of the Pope of Rome. Vatican is moreover disappointed to have been able never "to convert" the Catholics Orthodoxes and to have made them Roman Catholics. The Greeks like the Russians (in the cultural sense of the Rus' are Orthodox Catholics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Near my house is a church which is classified 'Ukranian Catholic'. I've been there. They do not cross themselves such as Catholics do, but as Orthodox Christians do. What would you classify the people who attend this church as in terms of nationality?

The Greek Catholic church or the uniate church in Ukraine is a church born when the Poles managed to conquer cities - states belonging to Riukhikides (first dynasty of the oriental Slavs). It is about a compromise of some catholics orthodoxes not to be persecuted as most of the orthodox Christians. Even today it's a church with the orthodox rites and dogms but placed under the authority of the Pope of Rome. Vatican is moreover disappointed to have been able never "to convert" the Catholics Orthodoxes and to have made them Roman Catholics. The Greeks like the Russians (in the cultural sense of the Rus' are Orthodox Catholics.
Thanks for the information!:flowers:

Just saw on FOX news that Mr. Putin got 58-59% of the vote to win the Russian election. Of course there are people who are protesting this. I wonder how GD Maria will feel when she hears the news.

What difference does that make. She is a non-entity in this arena. Actually, she is a non-entity in all political arenas.

The Greek-Catholic Churches reprezent that part of the Byzantine Churches that remained faithful to Rome or returned to the communion with Rome after 1438-1439.The greek-catholics were persecuted both by the Tsars (until 1905) and the communist because the Russian Orthodoxy could not stand the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church.

What difference does that make. She is a non-entity in this arena. Actually, she is a non-entity in all political arenas.

But she does put herself out there and has never stinted about her views of the other Romanovs.

The only other member of the Imperial House is her son.

It doesn't make any difference, COUNTESS. It's just that on another Imperial Family post, some one metioned that both Yeltsin and Putin liked her and maybe she feels Putin can help her restore the monarchy.

The only other member of the Imperial House is her son.
Prince Georgi is really a German prince in my eyes not a member of the imperial house.
His mother's claim is not that strong it will be disputed until otherwise proven by the
house laws (rules) that without a doubt his mother is head of the imperial house and
he is the heir to the headship.

Last edited:
Prince Georgi is really a German prince in my eyes not a member of the imperial house.His mother's claim is not that strong as she and he thinks
it is and will be continued to be disputed until otherwise proven my the
old house laws (rules) that she is the head of the house and her son is
the heir to the headship.

IMHO there is according to the Pauline laws no more headship of the Imperial House as there are no dynasts anymore. They all have problems with their family tree and there is noone there who could solve the problem.

If the family would still be reigning, one member would manage to grab the power and change the rules (or in a parliamentarian monarchy the parliament would choose) but that's not the case and probably never will be, so what?

:previous:
That is absolutely correct; not a single member of the current Imperial Family can comply with all the Imperial marriage or succession laws, including the two pretenders - Maria Vladimirovna and Prince Nicholas. And in fact, virtually all currently living Romanovs, including all the surviving dynasts, do acknowledge the simple fact; Maria Vladimirovna is the only one who stubbornly refers to herself as titular Empress or Grand Duchess.

As an Armenian, I wouldn't mind at all either Maria Vladimirovna or her son, Prince Georgi, to ascend to the Imperial Throne; as half Georgians and descendants of the Armenian-Georgian Royal House of Bagration (or Bagratuni), they are representatives of my country's now virtually non-existant royalty as well. However, there is no chance at all the people of Russia would accept a half-German and half-Georgian from ascending to the Imperial Throne.

Last edited:
That is all they have those old house laws (rules) they are not reigning.
They only way to change those laws(rules) if they would be able to get
the monarchy restored back I do not see that happening.They need to
work any problems they have with their family tree been should have done
it long time ago and they would be dynasts to the imperial house.

They should all just get on with their lives as citizens of whatever country they live in, and try to be as productive as possible in their private lives instead of clinging to past glories and honours. The days of the Romanov dynasty are long gone and no one seems to be clamouring for their return. The good old days were not really that good for the average Russian citizen,

They should all just get on with their lives as citizens of whatever country they live in, and try to be as productive as possible in their private lives instead of clinging to past glories and honours. The days of the Romanov dynasty are long gone and no one seems to be clamouring for their return. The good old days were not really that good for the average Russian citizen,

You are quite right. But old baggage seems hard to lose. Maria, is a perfect example of the past, trying to live in the present. It would be like Cleopatra in Cairo after the Egyptian revolt.

HIH Grand Duchess Maria is the Head of the Imperial Family taking into account the Laws of the Imperial House.

Just saw on FOX news that Mr. Putin got 58-59% of the vote to win the Russian election. Of course there are people who are protesting this. I wonder how GD Maria will feel when she hears the news.
Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna should congratulate Mr. Putin and go on with her usual life. Her feelings are largely irrelevant.

The other Romanovs seem to be doing just that; going about their business and living life and enjoying their status socially, but at this point in time, Maria seems to be the only one who is uninterested in doing that. She is flogging a dead horse and if she is smart, she will avoid sticking her ambitious neck out while Putin is in office. She needs to stop thinking of her own ambition, which to me sounds like it consumes her, day in and day out.

I do not suppose she will say anything about the elections.

I think at this point it is impossible to meet all the criteria, mainly because of the circumstances that have surrounded so much of the births nad marriages. As for a half German and half Georgian, it is an impossibility.

So Grand Duchess Maria should just get on with her life and forget about her silly agenda? But it is her life; if she chooses to pursue a seemingly impossible goal, surely that is her business? Maybe it gives her a great deal of pleasure, and is a focus for her to fill in her days. Maybe she is having a ball and thoroughly enjoying herself. "Maria Vladimirovna, you should get on with your life, but just make sure it is a life I approve off" Now who has an agenda?

Also, do we know for sure that she is pressuring her son to follow in her footsteps? Maybe he is keen on the idea, who knows? He seems to identify himself as an Orthodox Russian, so I would not like to be the one to say to his face "you know, Georgi, you are not Russian at all, you're a Prince of Prussia, so why not forget all this Romanov stuff and embrace your inner Hohenzollern?" I'm sure that would go down well.

Good luck to Mother and Son I say!

You misunderstand me; I meant that it is impossible for any one Romanov to end up meeting the criteria mainly because of so many circumstances have worked against the Romanovs since the revolution, that is what I meant. I never meant that Maria is an idiot (although almost funny and cartoonish) and as for Georgi, I hope he isn't at all TOO into the idea of being who is mother says he is.

HIH Grand Duchess Maria is the Head of the Imperial Family taking into account the Laws of the Imperial House.

I’m not agreee with your statement for once.

If we follow perfectly the fundamental Law of the imperial succession, we have to have the same reading as under the Czars. And we have a perfect illustration: Czar Nicolas II authorized the marriage of his cousin Tatiana with Prince Konstantin Alexandrovich Bagration-Mukhransky but legally declared Tatiana Konstantinovna's marriage was morganatic.

In fact this imperial position was perfectly respectful of the Russian and Georgian positions: the branch Mukransky belongs to the Georgian nobility and is not considered as royal pretenders. The position of the defunt father of princess Maria Vladimirovna was to say, that considering himself as the Czar, free was for him to declare royal who he wished. That the Russian nobility and the Georgians (today independents and the first ones to have a word to say on their "own" princes) in their overwhelming majority don’t consider this family as Georgian crown princes seem by no means disturb the princess, his father and her son.

But for the rest I agree with you. Apart the problem of the pretenders, after all, all Romanovs and Riukhikides can aspire being elected by Zemsky Sobor, the major problem is the absence of any political sense of Princess Maria.

And regrettably humanly speaking, the family doesn’t seem to be nice.
Her son pose for the photographers as a cock, his chin raised in front of the whole earth with his strong features, and his mother always runs after honors and any idiot susceptible to receive her as a real czarina.

AristoCat said:
as for Georgi, I hope he isn't at all TOO into the idea of being who is mother says he is.

Given that her Orthodox heir is dating a Catholic commoner, it would be fair to say that Mama Maria is not nearly as overbearing as many like to portray her.

Given that her Orthodox heir is dating a Catholic commoner, it would be fair to say that Mama Maria is not nearly as overbearing as many like to portray her.

Is he dating anyone in particular?

I have never heard officially that he had a girlfriend which doesn't mean that he didn't have,but it was never known or published!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom