Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna: June 2008-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I strongly commend Georg Prinz von Preußen ("Georgy Romanov") to see a fitness club. Not even for representation but just primarily for his health. I can see the presssure on his knees, his short breathing and the unease of his movements, because of all that mass. This is critical for his health. And he still "has" to procreate the imperial family...
I see that this is an old thread but hoping someone can answer my question. It seems that much is made - by Maria at least- of equal marriages. Rebecca Victoria seems like a lovely person. But how can any children they may have be eligible for the (pretend) Russian throne? There is a lot on their website claiming that because Maria married a prince, their marriage is equal. How could the marriage of George and Rebecca be anything but morganatic?

Grand Duchess Maria is so passive in Russia .
Her statement for not giving to Rebecca the Title of Royal Highness and her Wedding as morganatic is a Première
King Michel of Roumania never said that the Wedding of Margaretha with Mr Radu Dadu was morganatic !

I see that this is an old thread but hoping someone can answer my question. It seems that much is made - by Maria at least- of equal marriages. Rebecca Victoria seems like a lovely person. But how can any children they may have be eligible for the (pretend) Russian throne? There is a lot on their website claiming that because Maria married a prince, their marriage is equal. How could the marriage of George and Rebecca be anything but morganatic?

It is not so difficult: one day Grand-Prince Georgy Mikhailovitch will be head of the Imperial House. And he will declare his spouse to be completely acceptable. He saves his mother to change her lifelong viewpoint on dynastic alliances, on which her position is cemented.

Note that all Tsars during the monarchy and all Heads of the Imperial House in the post-revolutionary era descend from the Grand-Princess Anna Petrovna, daughter of Tsar Peter The Great.

And Anna's mother?

That was Marta Helena Skowrońska, daughter of a Polish farmer. She became orphan and worked as humble servant and laundry-maid until she was hired into the Household of the Prince Aleksander Danilovich Menshikov, the very best friend of Tsar Peter The Great and "picked" to become a Tsarina...

We saw the same in the House of Bourbon-Parma. The union of prince Henri of Luxembourg with María Teresa Mestre y Batista was problematic because not equal. But when the current Duke of Parma married Anne-Marie Guáltherie van Weezel, suddenly created Condesa de Molina, this was "dynastic".

Grand Duchess Maria is so passive in Russia .
Her statement for not giving to Rebecca the Title of Royal Highness and her Wedding as morganatic is a Première
King Michel of Roumania never said that the Wedding of Margaretha with Mr Radu Dadu was morganatic !

Maria Vladimirovna is old, overweight, possibly diabetic and is in the highest risk group for COVID-19. On the sites of the Russian Imperial House she is still active, but all digital. The public outings during the Pandemic seem reserved for her son.

The Grand-Princess Maria Vladimirovna on her position, from the FB of the Imperial House:

“Many mistakenly believe that the Head of the Imperial House is the ‘pretender to the throne.’ In point of fact, this is absolutely not the case.

"The Imperial House is an historical institution, which preserves an entire range of traditional spiritual values, including, of course, the idea of monarchy. It would be impossible for the dynasty to reject monarchy in the same way it would be impossible for the Church to reject belief in God.

"We are convinced that legitimate monarchy has a future and can be of service to Russia. If the people—freely and fully-informed—should one day choose to restore the monarchy, then the Head of the Imperial House will be ready to fulfill her or his duty as the legal successor to Russia’s past sovereigns. But we do not desire to force ourselves on the nation, we do not participate in any political activities whatsoever, and we do not have pretensions to anything.

“Both I and my son, the Grand-Prince Georgy Mikhailovich, are citizens of Russia. We respect its Constitution and laws. We strive to help the President and government, the Church, the other traditional religious confessions in the nation, and various civic groups to revive the nation’s historic traditions and to develop these traditions in ways that fit the circumstances of the modern world we live in.

“At the present time, and in the foreseeable future, the main activities of the House of Romanov are to sponsor charitable activities, to help strengthen the state and civil society, to foster social, religious, and ethnic harmony in the country, to help maintain and preserve the cultures and civilization of the various peoples that once were part of the former Russian Empire, to protect the environment and our common historical heritage, and to promote a positive image of Russia in the wider world. All our activities are of a humanitarian, not a political, character."

Russian Imperial House - Current Topics of Interest

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna still live in Madrid? and her son?

Both live in Russia and in the EU but Georgy has set up a communications organization in Brussels. His aim is, on behalf of Russian industry, trade and agriculture, to improve the (poor) relationship with the EU. (Russia is hit with sanctions). As former member of the Cabinet of EU Commissioner Loyola de Palacio, he has a wide network in Brussels.

The frontiers with Russia were closed, it seems that Maria Vladimirovna has been restricted to Spain because of the ban on travels, that is also why she and Prince Franz Wilhelm of Prussia (his parents) were not at the engagement in Kostroma, according to Georgy.

Last edited by a moderator:
At King Baudouin Funerals, Grand Duchess Maria directly took a seat of the close Royal Family. Too late to say her to leave. There is no relations between her and our Royals. But se taught as Head of the Romanov she had not to sit in the last rows. President Mitterand and Madame were at the 3e row.
I wonder if main Royals will attend the Wedding at St Isaac Chuch in St Peterburg . At least 2 Hours standing!

Last edited:
I wonder if main Royals will attend the Wedding at St Isaac Chuch in St Peterburg . At least 2 Hours standing!

Yep, no rows of chairs and banks in Russian Churches! But this is nothing compared to their processions - for example for the murdered Romanovs: Olympic speed for long miles! Very sporty!

So, it is better to only send young and fit Royals!

Bu I wonder, if anybody at all will show up, with all the sanctions in place and nonsense.... Might be a new start for diplomacy.

At King Baudouin Funerals, Grand Duchess Maria directly took a seat of the close Royal Family. Too late to say her to leave. There is no relations between her and our Royals. But se taught as Head of the Romanov she had not to sit in the last rows. President Mitterand and Madame were at the 3e row.

Usually the Bureau Protocol will have designated every seat: 3F for that person, 7E for that person, 9L for that person. It is also on the information map and the invitation itself. Usually aide-de-camps will guide guests to their seats, as printed on their invitation.

Probably Maria Vladimirovna (born in Madrid, like Fabiola) and her parents (Vladimir and Leonida) had warm contacts because they not only lived in Madrid but also had a villa in Andalucía, close to Motril. Who knows there have been warm and friendly contacts between Baudouin & Fabiola and the Spanish Romanovs. That could have be a reason for her prominent position.

A new Christmas portrait of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna:

** Pic **

Georgi is barely visible way in the back, attempting to peer over the heads of people in front of him.

Awkward....

The statement has the sense of being as strong a protest as she can afford to express regarding the Russian government's military action in Ukraine given that her son and daughter-in-law are residing in Russia and the family aspires to maintain a role there.

She comes across as intelligent and modest in the interview (which was moved to here).

Last edited:
She is walking a thin rope. Ukraine was "occupied" for centuries by the Tsars, her very own ancestors.

Walking a fine line indeed!

She is walking a thin rope. Ukraine was "occupied" for centuries by the Tsars, her very own ancestors.

I think she explained her position in a way that is consistent both with the current sovereign status of the Ukraine and its previous union with Russia under the Tsars.

Fully recognizing the independence and sovereignty of all the states that were formed after the fall of the USSR, I am at the same time convinced that all of the peoples who historically belonged to the civilizational space of the former Russian Empire are united by the concept of a Homeland in the highest spiritual and cultural sense of the word.

I think she explained her position in a way that is consistent both with the current sovereign status of the Ukraine and its previous union with Russia under the Tsars.
I can hardly think of a more diplomatic way to present a balanced position but at the same time, I can't help but see the "tactful" way she presents Ukraine's imperial past. It wasn't exactly "united" with Russia. And the Russian Empire's civilizational space is a formula which is just wrong on so many levels.
The very name Little Russia - Малорусия - is offensive and reveals much about the attitude the Tsars had to this part of their empire. Tnank God it got rid of long ago.

In my mind Grand Duchess Maria has chosen good words in her statement for this terrible situation.

In is the problem of Royal Houses, even deposed ones, that they can't be as outspoken as they wanna be - It is all politics...

On an abstract level and about the war: The Russians are terrific defenders. They are very good and almost invincible in defending something - their borders, their folks.

But what are they defending in Kiev? Nothing!

Emperor Nicky II. and his family lost everything in World War I sending the Imperial Forces to fight west of the border for something the Russian population was not ready for to bring sacrifices.

In my mind Grand Duchess Maria has chosen good words in her statement for this terrible situation.

In is the problem of Royal Houses, even deposed ones, that they can't be as outspoken as they wanna be - It is all politics...

On an abstract level and about the war: The Russians are terrific defenders. They are very good and almost invincible in defending something - their borders, their folks.

But what are they defending in Kiev? Nothing!

Emperor Nicky II. and his family lost everything in World War I sending the Imperial Forces to fight west of the border for something the Russian population was not ready for to bring sacrifices.

Good words??Kremlin sugar coated propaganda.nonsense!But then what else to expect..

Grand Duke Giorgi was hospitalized and underwent surgery for a hernia.
On Sunday, March 20, 2022, H.I.V. Grand Duke Georgy Mikhailovich was hospitalized and urgently operated on due to an abdominal hernia.

The operation was successful. In the next days, His Imperial Highness will be discharged from the clinic and return home.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbXerNtIXbK/?utm_medium=copy_link

Note: I put this news in this thread, because the Grand Duke Giorgi thread is closed.

:previous:: GD Georgi:

" I wish to thank everyone who got worried about my health and all of you who took the time to write me. I am doing fine and returned home to my daily routine. I wish to thank the doctors as well of all of you!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb2UIjfsm3C/

and Princess Victoria:

" GD Georgi and I wish to thank all of you who took the time to write to us about his health condition. All went well and we wish to thank the doctors and medical staff as well as you all."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb2U--isykD/

Head of the Imperial House of Russia expressed her condolences to H.M. King Charles II

"Head of the Russian Imperial House, H.I.H. The Grand Duchess Maria of Russia, her son and heir, H.I.H. The Tsesarevich and Grand Duke George of Russia, and his spouse, H.S.H. Princess Victoria Romanovna, mourn the passing of H.M. Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. They pray for the repose of her soul and express their deepest condolences to H.M. King Charles III, the Royal Family, and the peoples of Great Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and all the realms in which the late Queen was Head of State."

Russian Imperial House - 2022-09-09 Head of the Imperial House of Russia expressed her condolences to H.M. King Charles II

Head of the Imperial House of Russia expressed her condolences to H.M. King Charles II

"Head of the Russian Imperial House, H.I.H. The Grand Duchess Maria of Russia, her son and heir, H.I.H. The Tsesarevich and Grand Duke George of Russia, and his spouse, H.S.H. Princess Victoria Romanovna, mourn the passing of H.M. Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. They pray for the repose of her soul and express their deepest condolences to H.M. King Charles III, the Royal Family, and the peoples of Great Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and all the realms in which the late Queen was Head of State."

Russian Imperial House - 2022-09-09 Head of the Imperial House of Russia expressed her condolences to H.M. King Charles II

Not invited,except for the Fundacion Recal dinner....a dinner

On 12 December Grrand Duchess Maria , Grand Duke Georgi and Princess Victoria visited the building of the Russian Academy of Arts in Moscow, where they met with the President of the Russian Academy of Arts Zurab Konstantinovich Tsereteli

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmPwz5qvRCS/?hl=el

On 12 December the ceremony of presenting the badges of the Imperial Order of St. Anna and the Imperial Medal to 7 people's deputies, 31 years ago, on 12 December 1991, who voted against the collapse of the country (S. Baburin, N. Pavlov, V. Isakov, I. Konstantinov, S. Polozkov, V. Balala, P. Lysov, V. Balala could not arrive, and the sign of the Order was given to him).

The awards were presented personally by the Grand Duchess Maria

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmPxOcuP5Wx/?hl=el

Back
Top Bottom