A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marrying a daughter of Putin would cause a backlash since many Russians have demonstrated against his presidency.

Both Putin's daughters are already married, AFAIK.
And Medvedew has a teenage son.
Whom Georgi will marry? I hope that Rebecca Bettarini!:flowers:

There is Rebecca, who would make a good wife. It's all down to whether or not he wants to pursue a possible position as Tsar/Head of the House of Romanov and try an all or nothing approach in finding a highborn bride, or end up with a solid normal life and enable Prince Rostislav to take the position of Head of House and end up throwing his ambitious mother off his back.

I would like to see him marry another royal. Maybe something like what his mother did. (A German royal, maybe even a Austrian or Greek Royal)

I would like to see him marry another royal. Maybe something like what his mother did. (A German royal, maybe even a Austrian or Greek Royal)

Really and be divorced and have that type of life, when he can marry Rebecca or someone like her and be happy. What a miserable choice you have made for a young man who has no real reason to marry anyone he doesn't love or doesn't love him.

I'm a supporter of Dynastic marriages, but I don't think marry just to produce a heir and then divorce is a good choice for Grand Duke George (nor do I believe that was the case with Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna and Prince Franz Wilhelm).

There are good examples of Royals who married equally and are happily married with beautiful families, just to name a few of them:

- Prince Antonio of Brazil and Princess Christine of Ligne.
- Prince Michel, 14th Prince of Ligne, and Princess Eleonora of Brazil.
- Archduke Carl-Christian of Austria and Princess Maria Astrid of Luxembourg.
- Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein and Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg.
- Prince Carl Friedrich, Prince of Prussia, and Princess Sophie of Isenburg.

I don't think Loyalist is saying that Georgii should marry, produce an heir, then divorce. Just that he should follow what his mother did and look towards German and Austrian houses for a bride (he can skip the divorce).

Really, he'd "benefit" from looking at other non-reigning houses who have maintained the old custom of dynastic marriages. There he's most likely to find a bride who would understand his position.

Really, he'd "benefit" from looking at other non-reigning houses who have maintained the old custom of dynastic marriages. There he's most likely to find a bride who would understand his position.

I agree. If he wants to marry a Princess, he should look for a bride in the Royal House of Prussia or in the Imperial House of Austria. As the bride needs to Orthodox, I believe Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark is the best option.

Princess Maria Gabriela of Brazil has more "blue-blood" than many other Princesses in Europe, but I doubt she would renounce her Catholic faith. My mother always says Princess Maria Gabriela will end up marrying a Prince of Liechtenstein or an Archduke of Austria.

But, if Grand Duke George wants to marry Rebecca, good for him, his mother has already said she will allow him to do so, and their marriage will be regarded as Dynastic one.

He could also use a bride with some money in the bank. Old Aunt Helens funds cannot be inexhaustable after all of these years of supporting her Romanov relations so a new input of cash would not be amiss. So equal birth plus money, now that is hard to find especially since she will also have to convert to Russian Orthodoxy too and of coursee deal with MIL Maria and the internal family politics.
Finding such a bride to take on Georgi will be tough, maybe its best if he gives up on the whole Grand Duke/heir bit and just finds some nice girl to love and settles down to a nice ordinary middle class life in the burbs.

I don't think Loyalist is saying that Georgii should marry, produce an heir, then divorce. Just that he should follow what his mother did and look towards German and Austrian houses for a bride (he can skip the divorce).

Thank you for clarifying my comment. Flowers: ). Also, I agree with you. Furthermore, I think a non royal bride would never be accepted by his Mother, would weaken his claim to the throne, and would find it hard adjusting to life as a non-reigning royal wife. What 's your opinion?

I agree. If he wants to marry a Princess, he should look for a bride in the Royal House of Prussia or in the Imperial House of Austria. As the bride needs to Orthodox, I believe Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark is the best option.

Princess Maria Gabriela of Brazil has more "blue-blood" than many other Princesses in Europe, but I doubt she would renounce her Catholic faith. My mother always says Princess Maria Gabriela will end up marrying a Prince of Liechtenstein or an Archduke of Austria.

But, if Grand Duke George wants to marry Rebecca, good for him, his mother has already said she will allow him to do so, and their marriage will be regarded as Dynastic one.

I think Theodora would be an excellent choice. Plus she has connections with the Windsor 's. Not very much money though: (

A bride with near zero Russian lineage would be quite an obstacle; he is not in a position where he could marry a foreign bride and Russians would have no choice but to accept it. He is after all campaigning (as far as I know) with his mother to be considered Head of House.

A bride with near zero Russian lineage would be quite an obstacle; he is not in a position where he could marry a foreign bride and Russians would have no choice but to accept it. He is after all campaigning (as far as I know) with his mother to be considered Head of House.

Yes, I didn't think of that. However, I believe Princess Theodora has some Royal Russian ancestry. Perhaps Lady Gabrielle Windsor?! The Prince Michael of Kent has long touted the Romonav connection plus there is some Russian blood. What's your opinion?

:previous:
Lady Gabriella is regal in every aspect. I do not see her agreeing to marry Grand Duke Georgi. They have nothing in common. What would be the base for such union? Non-existing Imperial throne ..? At the same time, Lady Gabriella would have made a wonderful Grand Duchess in her own right, if Prince Michael were to become a Russian tzar.

Last edited:
Could you imagine the Princess Michael vs Grand Duchess Marie showdown that would happen over the wedding plans! Hilarious!

Yes, I didn't think of that. However, I believe Princess Theodora has some Royal Russian ancestry. Perhaps Lady Gabrielle Windsor?! The Prince Michael of Kent has long touted the Romonav connection plus there is some Russian blood. What's your opinion?

A distant amount of lineage wouldn't be enough; besides it wouldn't make ordinary Russians feel like they are connected to someone who apparently wants to reign/rule over them and Russians are fiercely nationalistic. This isn't the time when foreign spouses were taken for granted as being suitable just because of royal lineage.

As for divorce, that would be considered unacceptable; Georgi is someone who has to prove himself, not the other way around.

A distant amount of lineage wouldn't be enough; besides it wouldn't make ordinary Russians feel like they are connected to someone who apparently wants to reign/rule over them and Russians are fiercely nationalistic. This isn't the time when foreign spouses were taken for granted as being suitable just because of royal lineage.

As for divorce, that would be considered unacceptable; Georgi is someone who has to prove himself, not the other way around.

Good thoughts. So overall I'm assuming you prefer marriage to a Russian commoner over foreign royal?

Has she really? I sometimes wonder just how Maria justifies some of her logic.

I mean, really. Her own claim is based on the fact that her parents' marriage was dynastic, when that's debatable. Her claim being a superior one to Nicholas' is based on the fact that his parents' marriage wasn't dynastic (which it wasn't, but they didn't renounce any rights). And now she's saying that even though it mattered for everyone else, it's okay if Georgii's marriage isn't dynastic?

Thank you for clarifying my comment. Flowers: ). Also, I agree with you. Furthermore, I think a non royal bride would never be accepted by his Mother, would weaken his claim to the throne, and would find it hard adjusting to life as a non-reigning royal wife. What 's your opinion?

According to Brazilian, Maria has said she'll accept a non-royal bride as dynastic.

That said, the claim of Georgii and Maria is already weak. Him marrying someone who isn't royal (or at least doesn't have a royal heritage) will only weaken that claim and give the detractors more strength.

Personally, though, I think the support his claim is going to garner once Maria dies is going to be based more on his personality and how well he's willing to grease people's palms. The support Maria has now isn't because she has the best claim it's because she has the right connections. Georgii needs to focus more on that than anything else.

Theodora does have Russian ancestry. Through her paternal grandfather she's descended from Olga Constantinovna, and through her maternal grandfather she's descended from Anastasia Mikhailovna. The two were cousins and were both granddaughters of Nicholas I of Russia.

Gabriella Windsor has more recent Russian connections. Her paternal grandmother, Princess Marina, was the daughter of Elena Vladimirovna - Elena's brother was Cyril Vladimirovich, who is Maria's grandfather. Elena and Cyril were the grandchildren of Alexander II. Gabriella is also descended from Olga Constantinovna through her paternal grandmother's father.

The catch with Gabriella, however, is that while she is related to royals and belongs to the house of Windsor, she herself is not royal and doesn't hold any royal titles, which could put a damper on the marriage being dynastic. Somehow, I can't see the Queen (or her future successors) granting Gabriella a title so that she could make a dynastic marriage with a member of a non-reigning house.

Could you imagine the Princess Michael vs Grand Duchess Marie showdown that would happen over the wedding plans! Hilarious!

Oh my, now you have my imagination going crazy with your hilarious suggestion!!!! I would pay to see something like this - hahaha!!!!!:lol:

If at all Grand Duke George ever thinks that one day he will be the Head of State of Russia, the best thing for him is to find a down-to-earth Russian girl, who has an identity of her own, rather than clinging to some silly dynastic stuff..Really, does the commoner on the street care for the lineage of his wife. They'd rather want one among them to be the consort, than some foreign girl imported just because of blue-blood.
And if George ever becomes a legitimate monarch, it will be because of "the man on the street"..and not the aristocracy or nobility or clergy or any powers-that-be..So it is from that point that we have to see..
One good thing is Maria has agreed to accept a commoner bride, rather than remaining forever in Dark Ages like her Brazilian and Austrian counterparts..

Georgi should do whatever it takes to identify with Russia and hide the fact that he is a Prince of Prussia so marriage to a nice young Russian girl with a descent education and hopefully no strong connections to the KGB or current politicians would not be a bad thing. Being a Hohenzollern is not an advantage for a claimant for the Russian throne, even a nonexistant throne.

^Given recent history being a person of European German descent would in fact trigger a major backlash.

Why not the heiress daughter of a wealthy and politically connected oligarch?

Royals are supposed to be (or at least appear to be) politically neutral. Marrying the daughter of a politician kind of goes against that.

True, but a politically connected wife is different; especially if in fact wifey has a contact who would put a proposal to put the Vladimirs on a newly established throne.

Oh my, now you have my imagination going crazy with your hilarious suggestion!!!! I would pay to see something like this - hahaha!!!!!:lol:

Seriously that could be a pay per view special. Two of the strongest royal personalities ever going head to head over a d-list royal wedding! Lol

... [snipped] Gabriella Windsor has more recent Russian connections. Her paternal grandmother, Princess Marina, was the daughter of Elena Vladimirovna - Elena's brother was Cyril Vladimirovich, who is Maria's grandfather. Elena and Cyril were the grandchildren of Alexander II. Gabriella is also descended from Olga Constantinovna through her paternal grandmother's father.

The catch with Gabriella, however, is that while she is related to royals and belongs to the house of Windsor, she herself is not royal and doesn't hold any royal titles, which could put a damper on the marriage being dynastic. Somehow, I can't see the Queen (or her future successors) granting Gabriella a title so that she could make a dynastic marriage with a member of a non-reigning house.
Your observations are accurate. Lady Gabriella could be a suitable match even without the necessary title because Prince Michael is very very well-received by Russian higher-ups.

Your observations are accurate. Lady Gabriella could be a suitable match even without the necessary title because Prince Michael is very very well-received by Russian higher-ups.

Agreed. However, i've also heard that the Kents are not very wealthy. I wonder if that would play a role. Good title no money. Or good money with no title

Will I get banned for suggesting that he marry his mother?

Will I get banned for suggesting that he marry his mother?

Oh, I hope not. It is the most funny and reality driven comment.
The clowns are in town when this is discussed. A nice young man with a useless title, son of an overbearing mother, with no concept of his real future and wanting happiness for him. He is between a rock and a hard place, so to speak. He should marry whom he wants and will be happy with. Nobody is rushing the gate for this marriage, as there is no possibility he will be anything more than what he does, today. He seems kind and nice, he should marry for love and be happy.

maybe a bagration? :)

but this time a royalty bagration and not nobility bagrationi as her grandmother was :)

what does it mean?

:)

should he marry only a equal statused girl? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom