A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The view here seems to be that George doesn't share Maria's wishes for the Imperial House to serve Russia. And in fact in every interview I've read or seen with HIH, he makes it clear that he does. There seems to be alot of guess work and rather cruel assumption going on here.

I wodner if he might actually be a lot more comfortable with a royal bride rather than a commoner. Princesses are usually socially immured and I do not think that a commoner who is so used to independence would enjoy living a quiet life with Georgi and his mother and really understand how much his heritage might mean to him.

There are a lot of views on here taht suggest that there is little to no point of him worrying about a 'suitable' bride, but what if he did marry a commoner, but the commoner didn't take seriously the things he takes seriously? Like living quietly, being in the 'family sphere' of things, about making a dignified appearance, following traditions that are important for him and his mother, plus maybe walking two steps behind.

However dethroned, there are a lot of royal families that keep the same traditions and customs alive, mainly to preferably carry on and keep things connected to the past. Nothing wrong with that and every family has it's traditions they prefer to observe and respect through the generations. A commoner might take a different view however, of royal tradition and not see the point of many of them.

If he married a royal bride, the bride might understand the importance of the traditions, rules, and understand that there are tight knit family ties that prefer to be maintained. Nothing wrong with that and if Georgi understands and perversely (no matter how politically incorrect) wants a royal bride, it should be understood and respected on here. He can serve Russia, legally, as a private citizen, but socially still have standards.

Neither did I. Grand Duke Michael of Kent has such a lovely daughter Gabriela & she looks a real princess! I wish he had an eye on her...

While it's true that a commoner spouse might not see the point of certain things (traditions or customs), a royal princess might also not see the point of certain things as well (respecting it but at the same time not seeing the point of it), especially if she didn't grow up in the same cultural background or similiar cultural background. I guess it just depends on the person.

a royal princess might also not see the point of certain things as well (respecting it but at the same time not seeing the point of it),

True, but a born princess wouldn't have to be taught these things and a princess born might make things less complicated. She would fit in, Maria would approve, and then they could work together on making a living and then things would continue peacefully. It would also be nice ot see a princess marry a prince, instead of a prince marrying another commoner.

The daughter of Prince Michael of Kent would be a wonderful Tsarina.

I believe her father is fluent in russian. She would make an excellent bride for manyy a european prince

What about Theodora of Greece for Georgi ?
I believe Theodora is even more suitable than lady Gabriella(mainly due to religion),but it's unlikely as Theodora is very free-thinking,going to Hollywood and as GD Maria Vladimirovna is very traditional,it's highly unlikely they would ever be together.
I have a thought,I know it sounds fantastic,but what if Princess Eugenie,for example,could be Georgi's potential bride?

That is a wonderful idea! Both princesses would suit him perfectly I guess. Why are the girls are not interested in real princes? Why would they go to pubs for that?! Sorry, do not want to be rude:ermm:

If Maria wants a real chance for her son/grandson to become a Tzar, maybe she should find a way of marrying him to one of Putin's daughters..lol

One point:lol:

And for the propositions of Gabriella, Theodora, Gabriella etc...they were educated to serve their family, their people, their religion, their country etc....why one day will they decide to honour anothers goals, interests?

Why they don’t date princes? Just because they didn’t feel in love with!

You know, many women don’t be educated to accept to be given to a man at the top of social hierarchies : rich and influential!

Lot of them dream about sweet man who love her, prince, poor, baker, banker they don’t care etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
If Maria wants a real chance for her son/grandson to become a Tzar, maybe she should find a way of marrying him to one of Putin's daughters..lol

:ROFLMAO: That's a good one. Who knows, maybe negotiations are already in the process :lol:. On a serious note, I could see Her Highness thinking in those terms. His daughters may not of a royal descent, but they are related to someone who is pretty high on the food chain of Russian power. She could work that to her and her son's advantage. I guess we'll see as time goes on.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: That's a good one. Who knows, maybe negotiations are already in the process :lol:.
Yes,but one of his daughters is said to be already married(a few month ago).

I cannot imagine Georgi marrying Putin's daughter. I read his interview once where he told of his intention to merry only a suitable to his high rank girl. He told that in a very diplomatic way of course...as he is very religious and and it matters him a lot to have an orthodox christian bride:flowers:

the words must came with cash for some reason comes to mind when you asked that
Yes,indeed, I agree. Maybe Maria can get her 'apanage' from her son's future in-laws. lol!

he told of his intention to merry only a suitable to his high rank girl. He told that in a very diplomatic way of course...

I think he knows what he is doing and he's being smart about it.

Plus it would strengthen ties between the Romnovs and House of Windsor.
I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Lady Gabriella Windsor the great granddaughter of George V? The same George V who refused to offer his cousin, Nicholas 11 and his family asylum in England for fear of other Russian hating countries attacking. After all, World War 1 was still happening when the Russian Revolution of 1917 started, wasn't it? I think Maria V. would definitely blow a gasket or have a coronary if her precious Georg and a Windsor were paired. But, that's just my opinion!:flowers:

Good point; when you think about it, it would be a sick irony in it's own way.

I think it is Maria V's dream to bring monarchy to Russia back and she is doing her best in this respect. At least, she wants to be recognized again as an only party for it. And I believe every possibility arouses she would definately snatch it! And her son is such an asset for that purpose: look, he is a real prince, there is no a slightest commoner among them. She cannot be opposed to Windsor clan as she herself had married a German prince long ago whose ancestors helped to destroy the mighty Russian monarchy!
I guess she would be very glad any TRUE royal bride appear on her horizont...

I think it is Maria V's dream to bring monarchy to Russia back and she is doing her best in this respect. At least, she wants to be recognized again as an only party for it. And I believe every possibility arouses she would definately snatch it! And her son is such an asset for that purpose: look, he is a real prince, there is no a slightest commoner among them.

I think that Maria would, if she found a potential royal bride, would end up doing all she could to ensure that a princess would be happy to marry her son and stay married. As a husband, I think Georgi would actually be nice, since he is not going out and living an irresponsible party lifestyle and he isn't at all carrying on with numerous women who bring him nothing but trouble. He has had a stint in the European parliament, works at a company in Russia, and accompanies his mother to social events and enjoys a lowkey life for a man who is pretender to a prominent throne and also seems ambitious professionally. When you think about it, even if he weren't a prince he would still be a great catch.

No question about that! I very much agree.
My point is, Maria is very determined to make her voice heard in Russia and this is really remarkable. She is a true Romanov. I only wish her son found a really good bride worthy of him and here is a big problem, there are no princesses left in Russia...and those abroad? I don't think they are interested any more in foreign ones as they think only of their own happiness and ready to marry a butler or a gardener or whoever...

That's because they realize that all the "royalty" stuff is made up and of no real subtance and they want a life, like any young person. The days of "they" are more special than anyone else is gone. The butler is just as important.

Dear Countess,
You are so right! Only the second half of me tells the opposite. It is not easy to throw all this 'made up' staff away, just because there is so much in it...We are all a little paralised by the 'monarchy' effect... this is a fairy tale we want to follow, and do not want to be disappointed...

I just thought it was unfair to say the "princesses", today would marry a butler, gardener, sounded so pretentious. This, " I am above you" stuff is foolish.

That's because they realize that all the "royalty" stuff is made up and of no real subtance and they want a life, like any young person. The days of "they" are more special than anyone else is gone. The butler is just as important.

The problem is, they aren't getting involved with the butler, who works hard. They are (along with princes) getting involved with the jet setter, the playboy, guys who don't appreciate them as human beings, but as tickets to a socially prominent life. I think for Georgi a princess would be a lot better since a princess already has a title in her own right and wouldn't gain anything by marrying him. He needs someone who helps him really thrive and someone he can be a good huband to.

I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Lady Gabriella Windsor the great granddaughter of George V? The same George V who refused to offer his cousin, Nicholas 11 and his family asylum in England for fear of other Russian hating countries attacking. After all, World War 1 was still happening when the Russian Revolution of 1917 started, wasn't it? I think Maria V. would definitely blow a gasket or have a coronary if her precious Georg and a Windsor were paired. But, that's just my opinion!:flowers:

Oh, I don't know about that. Maria was awfully chummy with the Soviet regime - the successor organization that wiped most of the Romanovs out. (Then again, she might be grateful to them for putting her in the position of Pretender.) I don't think she's all that choosy when it come to picking a powerful ally; the past be damned, as long as her interests are served.

I'd like to think that Georgi would be unfettered and unrestricted in his choice: butler, gardener, princess or vagabond as his life partner. As AristoCat has said, insofar as it seems possible to be, he comes across as unpretentious. Can't force a duck to be a puppy, so if his choice of life and life partner aren't geared to ambitions of bygone days, he might end up a richer man in happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom