A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stakes are either very high or very low, depending upon the viewpoint...
You are quite on the mark. This is all theatre. There are no brides lining up for Georgi and he seems disinterested in staking his own claim. So if his mother, who, despite what others here say, seems to control the issue. She must make the pick and the bargain. As for restoration, I hope they keep their "day jobs".

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no brides lining up for Georgi

:ROFLMAO:Maybe Maria is lining them up for him?:ROFLMAO: Or some families are lining their daughters up. He is still a Prussian Prince.

Hmm the sister of Prince Nicolae of Romania would be a good choice, she's the daughter of a princess, Granddaughter of a king, and sister of the future head of the house, and they both have similar physical characteristics, and she is orthodox, or we can assume she is.

Why not a Romanov from a rival branch? That would unify the Romanovs and would in the end hopefully end the bickering.

There are no brides lining up for Georgi and he seems disinterested in staking his own claim.
You may well be correct but there is no factual evidence on which to base this assertion.
None of us are privy to Georgi's private life, his feelings or personal relationships, and any royal-watcher of worth should know not to base such judgements on relatively infrequent public appearances and photo-ops.
Personal speculation or supposition should be qualified as such and not stated as fact.

Exactly. And if you mean he seems disinterested in staking his own claim to the throne:

"If the day comes when I am called to this service, I will not turn away from it. But at present, I, following the example of all the heads of our House in exile—my great-grandfather, my grandfather, and my mother—strive to live according to the maxim: “Do your duty now, and let the future take care of itself.” It would be senseless to sit and dream: “What will I do if I ascend the throne.” I strive to be useful to my homeland in the position that I hold now, to help my mother to fulfill her duties, and to accumulate professional experience and knowledge that will be useful under any circumstances I may find myself in the future."

3 February 2010, Grand Duke George Mikhailovich

I have to admire that in him and I think taht is what will make him a good man for a husband. He wants to live life, he will welcome a position, but he will in the meantime work at his job and live life.

I wonder if even if he weren't being promoted as a Grand Duke, if as a Prince of Prussia he might like to end up marrying a princess. A lot of these dethroned royalties seem to marry fellow royals moreso than the ones who are reigning.

And many don't. They work and they, also, meet people. Of course, many of them are placed together at events, family events and so they know each other. They have no "agenda". It is just a marriage, with no outside expectations. It is not some weird alliance, in case of this or that. Just a marriage.

Although born a commoner,if Elisabet Karina,grand-daugher of King Michail of Romania was also proclaimed HRH and Princess of Romania by a decree accepted by a Parliament-like her brother Nicholas,what do you think how this union would be treated?

In my opinion both of them could be a good couple,both seem educated and calm.

Exactly. And if you mean he seems disinterested in staking his own claim to the throne:

"If the day comes when I am called to this service, I will not turn away from it. But at present, I, following the example of all the heads of our House in exile—my great-grandfather, my grandfather, and my mother—strive to live according to the maxim: “Do your duty now, and let the future take care of itself.” It would be senseless to sit and dream: “What will I do if I ascend the throne.” I strive to be useful to my homeland in the position that I hold now, to help my mother to fulfill her duties, and to accumulate professional experience and knowledge that will be useful under any circumstances I may find myself in the future."

3 February 2010, Grand Duke George Mikhailovich

I think this is a healthy view; get a job and enjoy life, instead of sitting around awaiting a throne that might not come his way. His mother is certainly doing the right thing and he seems remarkably healthy and well adjusted. He'll welcome it, but he won't pursue or push for it.

I thought only his grandson Nicholas had been raised to royal status.

:previous:
Yes, only Nicholas has been created Prince of Romania; King Michael's other grandchildren don't have any title.
I believe that Marc in his post was wondering if Elisabeth Karina would be considered an equal bride for Geand Duke Georgi, in the case she was also created Princess of Romania and Royal Highness.

I think it would be refreshing if an Eastern European princess were to marry an heir.

I believe that Marc in his post was wondering if Elisabeth Karina would be considered an equal bride for Geand Duke Georgi, in the case she was also created Princess of Romania and Royal Highness.
Yes, my error, I missed the "if". Apologies Marc!

Although born a commoner,if Elisabet Karina,grand-daugher of King Michail of Romania was also proclaimed HRH and Princess of Romania by a decree accepted by a Parliament-like her brother Nicholas,what do you think how this union would be treated?

I think that would be a problem for Maria because Elizabeth is a commoner, not born royal. In order for Georgi to continue the traditions of the Imperial House and uphold his branch's claim, his marriage cannot have any question of whether it was equal under the Pauline Laws.

But, of course, Michael of Romania is free to issue whatever decree he wishes with regard to the styles and titles of his descendants. If he wished to elevate any or all of his commoner grandchildren to royal rank, that is his perogative as Head of the Romanian Royal House and a former King.

I think that would be a problem for Maria because Elizabeth is a commoner, not born royal. In order for Georgi to continue the traditions of the Imperial House and uphold his branch's claim, his marriage cannot have any question of whether it was equal under the Pauline Laws.

But, of course, Michael of Romania is free to issue whatever decree he wishes with regard to the styles and titles of his descendants. If he wished to elevate any or all of his commoner grandchildren to royal rank, that is his perogative as Head of the Romanian Royal House and a former King.

I agree,but I also thought about how much problems would that create...Some would be for and some against...it would be something similar to Bagration case,where you have some ground to vote for and have some ground to vote against...

Some would be for and some against...it would be something similar to Bagration case,where you have some ground to vote for and have some ground to vote against...

I have to agree that in order to ensure that there are no problems in the future, Georgi needs an "HRH" that was born and bred a princess, reigning or dethroned. I find it pretty neat that he is interested in sticking to his dynastic expectations while the rest of these princes from reigning houses are apparently more interested in finding the worst they can find in order to marry.

while the rest of these princes from reigning houses are apparently more interested in finding the worst they can find in order to marry.

I couldn't agree more :)

I would just make an exception of Belgium,wanting an exception in Luxembourg soon and just HOPING for one in "Russia" ;)

Last edited:

I would just make an exception of Belgium,wanting an exception in Luxembourg soon and just HOPING for one in "Russia" ;)

You don't think Mary and Katherine are any good?

Either way, it'll have to be a princess that is an undisputed princess and isn't just one that is created for the sake of a marriage. I'm just hopeful that he marries someone decent, not with her body spread all over the pages of a magazine and a long history of boyfriends and lovers that could fill the equivalent of the Encyclopedia Britannia. A Russian princess would anchor him to Russia all the more, lineally, than a foreign princess though, when you think about it.

karina is not royal. She was not raised to the rank of a princess.

Hmm the sister of Prince Nicolae of Romania would be a good choice, she's the daughter of a princess, Granddaughter of a king, and sister of the future head of the house, and they both have similar physical characteristics, and she is orthodox, or we can assume she is.

Maybe there is something going on behind the scenes and potential wives are being discreetly tapped. Quite honestly I think he's probably going to be complacent about who his mother decides on. Here is a closeup of him: http://royaldish.com/index.php?topic=6591.15 you have to scroll down a little, but up close he has excellent skin and looks like he could be dashing if he lost quite a bit of weight. He is a Prince of Prussia and dethroned, so it's not like anything would be of significant public interest in that he is going to represent the nation specifically and therefore there are people who have an investment in making it their business who he marries. Maria strikes me as the one who is invested and will certainly as his mother make it her business and I don't see how on earth he really has to justify it to us or the general public.

You never know what is going on behind the scenes and the Romanovs are nothing if not secretive and discreet.

George in 2003.

Redirect Notice

I believe, that he does not have to marry a royal princess just a royal dynast. Who counts as a dynast? The Russians use to count children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of a monarch and at the British Royal Wedding they had the same qualifications in whom was there as part of the extended royal family. Most reigning royal families no longer eliminate the dynastic status of a member and offspring for a morgantic marriage anymore, and the non-reigning ones allow for marriages with nobility. If he is just looking for someone who meets the qualifications of Lady Gabriella Windsor then he has more choice and can focus on the girl.

In Belgium, he would be close to a bunch of royals and more not far off.

A good choice for him would be one of the daughters of Arch Duchess Maria Anna of Austria and Prince Peter Galitzine (Tatiana (84) Alexandra (86) Maria (88)). Maria Anna's mother was also a Russian noble - so they are 3/4 Russian and partially grew up in Russia yet are part of the Austrian royal family. Maria Anna grew up in Belgium and they partially grew up also in Luxembourg - so they have friends and family in Belgium and would at least visit and attend some events.

He may be expected to marry a dynast, but the Russian church and people will want someone Russian or with knowledge of Russia - who is or will convert to Russian Orthodox. Lady Gabriella Windsor supposedly spend time in Russia too learning Russia, and even the Belgian noble HGD Guillaume is rumoured to be with - Stephanie de Lannoy supposedly speaks Russian. So there could be others who speak Russian/have an interest in Russia that qualify as dynasts in or close to Belgium. That may be more important than finding a royal princess if you ever want to restore the monarchy.

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom