A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the interview with GDss Maria is rather clear: if her son wants to marry a commoner she will try to change the house laws (with the blessing of the church). If there was/is a royal bride in the pipeline for Georgi, I am sure she never would have said such a thing in public.

If GDss Maria Vladimirovna change law, will it be pro futuro? I suppose that GDss Maria will change law GD/GDss to marry with commoners (or not equally spouse) and their children will be dynast with right to throne (not like nowadays). Why did not do the same his father before his marriage? Nowadays would be no questions about his marriage and maybe Head of Family would be someone else not GDss Maria

I think if Maria changes the law to allow her son to marry anyone, then we should evaluate the succession laws and open the door to other claimants to the non-existent throne.

There is no girlfriend of Grand Duke George known in this moment so we can't know if a change of law will be neccesary or not.

What happens if he doesn't marry at all?

I think if Maria changes the law to allow her son to marry anyone, then we should evaluate the succession laws and open the door to other claimants to the non-existent throne.
How can GDss Maria change law to apply to other claimants (Nicholas Romanovich Romanov etc). It is legally imposible. She can only "write new rule" for future (his son and his children etc)

Lumutqueen
If GD Georgi dont marry, Imperial House will die out after death of Maria/Georgi IMO. Btw, what about adoption? Is it possible? I dont know if anybody of you is familiar with Karl Schwarzenberg adoption. He was adopted by his ucle who had only a daughter not a son.

Last edited:
He will marry probably but depends if it will be an equal marriage or not.

That doesn't answer my question, it might be likely, but what happens to all the pretending?

I suppose we should talk here about possible brides.All the problems regarding Succession is on another thread.

The Head of The Imperial Family can change the Law but it wouldn't be very wise.

Well, then, you must have been surprised when Maria V said that she was going to do exactly that.

I have read that interview but I suppose there is not the case yet.

I wonder if she has any particular women in mind as of yet. There are dozens of eligible royal young ladies who would make fantastic wives (and possible Consorts) for Georgi and her approval is vital to a harmonious household.

She is selling poor goods. People marry for better reasons, today, than dynastic ones. And, in this case, silly, fantasy, dynastic ones. They would be better off going to Disneyworld.

Well, if Georgi is a nice enough man, then he won't have any problems in any personal sense if he can throw his mother off. I think that if he got out from under his mother, lost weight, got a solid career going, he would be fighting them off. He has royal lineage and standing in the succession of the Prussian royal house, that counts well for something and it's not like (to my observations) demented/unstable.

I suppose Grand Duke George is grown up enough to know what's the best for him, including the choice of a future wife.

So we hope; some of the Crown Princes have not been responsible in their choices in my view. He just has to be sure she would be a good mother as well.

It is generally very difficult to marry nowadays.For a Tsarevich is even more difficult.

It's not that difficult to marry, and I don't know why a pretender should have any more difficulty than a normal man or woman. Any woman who gets involved with Georgi, will research who he is 'supposed' to be.

The crisis of the institution of marriage is something too obvious to be denied.Grand Duke George is not a "common person" so for him is even more difficult.

I see no crisis in the institution of marriage, 4 members of my family are getting married this year, I am attending two other weddings of friends. No crisis close to home.

There is nothing stopping Georgi marrying, he's a pretender to a throne that doesn't exist. He can go out where ever he lives and find a perfectly lovely bride and live happily ever after. The man can do what he likes, he doesn't have to follow the fake rules supposedly guiding his life.

He is a 'common person' compared to the real royals. If the future King of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth can find a bride, this pretender can.

Grand Duke George is member of a non-reigning Imperial House but he is still a royal and it is not very simple to find a bride.

Everybody speaks in Europe about the crisis of marriage,it is not a secret for anybody.

Like I said, it's no crisis close to home.

Love or rules, I know what a sensible person would choose. That man has NOTHING to gain from following the rules set down by his mother or what not. He has everything to gain by following his heart. It is very simple to find a bride, if he wants to. To me he isn't a royal, he's just a pretender helping his mother cling to the past.

The fact he is the Tsarevich implies much responsability in choosing a wife.Of course he must love her but on the other hand it would be better to be a royal princess.

Everybody speaks in Europe about the crisis of marriage,it is not a secret for anybody.

Ohhhhhh, gossiping in royal parlors? Do tell!

Speaking about the crisis of the institution of marriage is not a gossip but a reality.Even the different religions speak about this issue because of the big number of divorces, because of the many couples who live together but are not married,etc.

Grand Duke George knows the nowadays reality and probably looks very careful for a future bride.

The fact he is the Tsarevich implies much responsability in choosing a wife.Of course he must love her but on the other hand it would be better to be a royal princess.

My dear Cory,

Forgive me if I am wrong, but he is not the Tsarevich. The Tsarevich is the son and heir apparent of the Tsar. Georgi is an heir of a pretender to the throne. Maria is not a Tsarina.

Speaking about the crisis of the institution of marriage is not a gossip but a reality.Even the different religions speak about this issue because of the big number of divorces, because of the many couples who live together but are not married,etc.

I'm not sure it's a crisis, but I see what you're saying. Many people today (especially in the States) don't take marriage seriously, therefore the divorce rate continues to climb. As for Georgi, he's what? thirty-one now? For all we know, he may never marry. He may be one of those "royals" who has a live-in significant other for a while and then decides to tie the knot - look at William and Catherine, Victoria and Daniel, Zara and Mike. Times have changed, and Georgi has grown up witnessing those changes, so perhaps he'll be more likely to go at his own pace. Maybe the woman he chooses to marry will be a commoner. And let's just face facts here: Georgi will never be Tsar of Russia; in fact, he's not even really the Tsesarevitch; he's just the pretender. Just because his ancestors were the tsars of Russia doesn't make him one. There hasn't been a monarchy, much less an absolutist one in Russia since 1917. I doubt the Russian people would want that back any time soon. So in a sense, Georgei is just your typical rich guy who has an inheritance and a career.

My dear Cory,

Forgive me if I am wrong, but he is not the Tsarevich. The Tsarevich is the son and heir apparent of the Tsar. Georgi is an heir of a pretender to the throne. Maria is not a Tsarina.

You're not wrong. They are not the Tsarina and the Tsesarevitch because there is no longer a monarchy; those are titular titles, meaning those are the titles they would hold if the monarchy still existed.

Last edited:
My dear Cory,

Grand Duke George is the only son and Heir to the "de iure empress" Maria so he is the Tsarevich and his marriage must respect the Laws.

Grand Duke George is the only son and Heir to the "de iure empress" Maria so he is the Tsarevich and his marriage must respect the Laws.

What laws? The only "laws" he'll have to follow are the ones of the Russian Orthodox Church; it has nothing to do with the monarchy because, again, there isn't one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom