A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Duke George would never marry somebody from a group that offends continously the Imperial Family.

Why not? How would it be offensive to close a family rift?

Ditto, believe me I can think of a lot worse things to fight about than a non existent throne...

Your continuos offence of the Imperial Family is unbelieveble on a royalist forum.You should have more respect for the members of the Imperial Family.

This is not a "royalist" forum.

It is not for you to decide what I may or may not discuss.

Back on topic, I wonder if anyone would be good enough for Georgi in Maria's eyes.

the words must came with cash for some reason comes to mind when you asked that

I hope he will marry a woman he truly loves (and she him). No matter what family will she come from.

Maybe a beautiful bride for Grand Duke George will help to the cause of Monarchy.

:lol: Yeah cause a beautiful face will convince millions of people to restore a monarchy they do not want.

Grand Duke George would never marry somebody from a group that offends continously the Imperial Family.

Do you know the man personally and can say that for certain?

You do not need to know somebody in order to understand he does not want to have anything to do with those who offend his family.

Could I know why?
As discussed earlier, Russians have a low opinion of all the claimants to the Imperial throne and see them as parasites. What could a beautiful wife do to change such situation? She has nothing to capitalise on.

How do you know that he does not want to have anything to do with those who "offend" his family? Perhaps you know because it is supremely obvious that he's a mummy's boy.

How do you know that he does not want to have anything to do with those who "offend" his family? Perhaps you know because it is supremely obvious that he's a mummy's boy.

You hit the nail on the head. He is a mamma's boy, which is very unattractive to women, in general. I am sure he can find some nice, young woman, she doesn't need credentials, because his are just fantasy. His mother, makes it harder for him to have a real life, instead of this fantasy she is trying to live.

What I would love, is (being slightly biased towards my home here) for an english rose, born and bred in the english countryside, to find herself on a gap year in wherever Georgi lives, for them to see each other, fall in love, and for this wonderful woman to bring him all the way back to the british countryside and turn him into an honest hardworking man. Lovely story. ;)

This young man who has extremely few chances to sit down on the Russian throne, in my opinion, looks for a fiancee with some money, noble or not.
The mother and son have certain lifestyle. They need money.
Why otherwise to accept a job in a Russian energy company which the boss has a curious reputation but is snob and pays generously a "prince" whose the only role is to present well?

If he wants a day to live in Russia, he will rather have to choose a young woman who is orthodox or who will agree to convert, speaks Russian, and feels at ease with people who often live in poverty. She ‘ll have to be ok with a modest life, to be tolerant and to like a multicultural and multireligious country.

As discussed earlier, Russians have a low opinion of all the claimants to the Imperial throne and see them as parasites. What could a beautiful wife do to change such situation? She has nothing to capitalise on.

You have a point there; besides, Russia is filled to the brim with naturally beautiful women.

Why otherwise to accept a job in a Russian energy company which the boss has a curious reputation but is snob and pays generously a "prince" whose the only role is to present well?
Well, he was brought up to be ornamental and nothing else.

Elisabeth Karina of Romania would be a perfect wife for Grand Duke George I presume.She is in line to the Romanian Throne, she lives in the UK and she is lovely and she comes from an orthodox Royal Family.

You can see here her photo( she is in red):

http://verticalnews.ro/povestea-printului-nicolae-de-romania/

Last edited:
Elisabeth Karina of Romania would be a perfect wife for Grand Duke George I presume.She is in line to the Romanian Throne, she lives in the UK and she is lovely and she comes from an orthodox Royal Family.
The question is if she is to accept his proposal in case it ever happens.In Britain there is as well a young and nice lady,lady Gabriella Windsor,the daughter of Prince Michael of Kent,who has visited many times Russia

Romanians and Russians have got a complicated history. "Historical relations have oscillated between grudging cooperation, neutrality and open hatred and hostility". Lady Gabriella is too independent.

Last edited:
Even if romanians and russians have never been too close the Imperial House of Russia and the Romanian Royal Family are relatives .

Is it a Romanian tradition to marry relatives? Romanians used to spit at Soviet tourist and are said to be hostile to current Russians. Given your post #56, Princess Elisabeth Karina may not perceived favourably by Russians.

Last edited:
The Romanian noble families used to have this tradition till the XXth century but it is not a general tradition.
Grand Duchess Maria is second cousin to King Mihai I of Romania (Elisabeth Karina of Romania's grandfather).

Are there not any Russians there who would make nice brides? Why a foreign bride?

No Russian (even noble) is eligible because there will be no equal marriage.

Why can't they change the laws?After all,even the most powerful modern monarchies such as Britain,Spain ,Norway and other ones accepted commoner brides

The Head of The Imperial Family can change the Law but it wouldn't be very wise.

Elizabeth Karina is not a 21st century pick. I am sure she is nice, but, not.....of I do not want to offend. On the Other hand he is no bargain, either.

Why not then someone of the Russian nobility? Make that a requirement instead. At the moment, there are very few enthroned royalties and there are few Russian royal brides. A foreign bride would alienate Russians and there is little to no chance of a Russian wife unless he marries a commoner or Maria stops alienating the rest of the Romnovs and nobility.

The choice must belong to Grand Duke George.He is still a young man and he has plenty of time to decide.

I'm sure the Grand Duchess would want someone emotionally and psychologically stable for her son.

A mother always want her son to be really happy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom