A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder if any would be willing to marry Georgi because he is part of teh rival faction, not at all part of the nobility in the sense taht Rostislav is. It sounds to me like the rest of the nobility is against Maria, Georgi, and their pretensions.

I just wonder if any would be willing to marry Georgi because he is part of teh rival faction, not at all part of the nobility in the sense taht Rostislav is. It sounds to me like the rest of the nobility is against Maria, Georgi, and their pretensions.

I doubt anyone seriously gives too much consideration to Maria's pretensions to the throne or the infighting within the Romanov family, other than historical curiousity.

I'm not talking about the perspectives of the rest of the world outside the infighting among the Romanovs.

They should get their own reality show "Who wants to be an Empress" or "Survivor: The Russian Empire" and just fight it out amongst each other.

I don't think there are any princesses out there that are willing to do this, no matter how alluring the Pretender title is. The standards and self imposed expectations are way out of line in consideration how little Georgi has to offer.

Maria can change the Pauline Laws, which have no legal effect anywhere, anytime she wants to. Whether they are accepted or recognized is another matter altogether. Since the rest of the family does not accept her as Head of the Imperial House nor do any of them follow the Laws, the matter is irrelevant.

I do not believe she will accept an unequal marriage for Georgi. It would call into question her claim even further and weaken her branch's position as the only line still unblemished by unequal marriages.

If she changes the Pauline Laws, then what is the point of being a monarch if certain standards are not held to be inviolable.

She may not have a choice. If Georgi cannot find a royal bride (which may be quite difficult for him), she may have to allow morganatic marriage given the reality that it is no longer easy to find a royal willing to enter a union with the House.

They should get their own reality show "Who wants to be an Empress" or "Survivor: The Russian Empire" and just fight it out amongst each other.

That would probably get very high ratings.

If he were to marry a non Russian would she then have to convert To Russian orthodoxy and become princess or grand duchess styled HIH?

^ yeah, mainly because it woud be the requirement; I just wonder if he would handle well the possibility of marrying a non-royal. He might be dating someone who isn't titled now, but I wonder if at all, IF he really would want to marry someone untitled. He might actually have a preference for someone titled, even if he isn't saying it outright. If it never worked out of him being Tsarevich, I think that he might end up marrying a German princess or a Prussian Princess.

Technically, there are no longer any Grand Dukes or Grand Duchesses of Russia and Georgi is a Hohenzollern at birth. Maria is the great-great granddaughter of a reigning Tsar (Alexander II) and would be HSH Princess Maria Vladimirovna, not a Grand Duchess. As such, he is not obliged to marry equally.

Alexander II > Grand Duke Vladimir > Grand Duke Cyril > Prince Vladimir > Princess Maria > George Romanov (HRH Prince George of Prussia)

Even if George were only a Hohenzollern, he would still be required to marry someone of equal birth.

EIther way, I think he would be happy marrying a princess and not a commoner; don't ask me why, but it's something that is instinctive.

Would Charlotte Casaraghi be a good choice for Maria V?

Would Charlotte Casaraghi be a good choice for Maria V?
Just perfect,if she converts to the Orthodox religion.
But I rather doubt that Charlotte would be interested in such a potential marriage.

:previous:
Just out of curiosity, assuming for whatever reason Charlotte agrees to marry Georgi, and if Prince Albert creates her a Serene Highness and Princess of Monaco prior to the wedding, would she be considered eligible? As representative of a reigning royal house, she should tick all the boxes, am I correct?

Probably, except for the religious part. Even during the monarchy Romanovs tended to avoid Catholics because they would not convert to Russian Orthodoxy. She would definitely bring some much needed money into the family so Maria might be willing to stretch things regarding her lack of title since she is a dynast in Monaco anyway even if she is a commoner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, there are no longer any Grand Dukes or Grand Duchesses of Russia and Georgi is a Hohenzollern at birth. Maria is the great-great granddaughter of a reigning Tsar (Alexander II) and would be HSH Princess Maria Vladimirovna, not a Grand Duchess. As such, he is not obliged to marry equally.

Alexander II > Grand Duke Vladimir > Grand Duke Cyril > Prince Vladimir > Princess Maria > George Romanov (HRH Prince George of Prussia)

Even though it is no longer reigning, Kyril and Vladimir as head of the house gave out titles. They never called themselves Tsars but as child of the head of the house Vladimir, Maria and George got promoted to Grand Duke/Duchess as if the head of the household was the tsar. Others got promoted too such as Tsar Michael's son George from Count to Prince; and they got titles for their morgantic wives too. Other non-reigning families seem to do it that way - keeping the titles going with the exception of someone calling themselves the title of the monarch.

Charlotte would take poison, I believe, before marryring this man. She is chic and trendy and has plenty of money. He seems like a very nice young man, but a bit of a mamma's boy and heir to an non-existent throne. A frightful combination.

:previous:
Just out of curiosity, assuming for whatever reason Charlotte agrees to marry Georgi, and if Prince Albert creates her a Serene Highness and Princess of Monaco prior to the wedding, would she be considered eligible? As representative of a reigning royal house, she should tick all the boxes, am I correct?

I am not sure if Serene is good enough (Monaco, Liechtenstein). But with many reigning royal families changing their succession due to morgantic marriages and women's rights - if some other non-reigning royal families were to change their succession such as to put women into succession with titles for their children it would increase the number of potential brides. But yes Catholics seem more reluctant to go Orthodox. But there are Orthodox ones who could get promoted such as Prince Nicholas of Romania's sister Karina or the Austrian Galitzines.

Still a joke. A pretend heir and a real heiress, religious beliefs are not important.

I am seeing this couple Georges/ Rebecca around Luxembourg and Brussels a lot! They also were in Brafa in January 2012.

My impression is that they look very good together. She is really nice and classy and he is a true gentleman.
Probably they have known each other since a long time, but they started to get out officially not so long ago. Past year she was pictured often in Paris Match but never with him.

Right now they are always pictures together everywhere: Paris Match, l'Eventail, Point de Vue, Made in Luxe!

If you are curious about her there are many belgian and luxembourguese newspapers and magazine in which she is pictured with her parents. and moreover there are many pictures and interviews of Ambassador Bettarini and his wife on the internet

United Networks - Welcome - Internet, ASP solutions, web application, communication, DB integration, programming, hosting, consultance, audit, seminars, services, corporate, B to B, databases, solutions, web strategy, technology, personnalised

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You for information!
As I understand she's Italian.
Does she have any noble background?

I'm curious about George's latest relationship. Has anyone thought what his father might think of this 'girlfriend'? He should have an opinion, too, of whom his son may marry someday, don't you think?

I know it's the popular belief the Georgi has little to no relationship with his father, but that's not true. I have heard Georgi talk of him and his German roots quite proudly. Prince Franz Wilhelm is undoubtedly aware of his son's personal life; however, unlike Maria Vladimirovna (or rather, her claims to the headship of the House of Romanov), there is no particular significance for the Prince who Georgi will eventually marry. In that respect, he's bound to be more accepting of any woman his son dates, whether from royal/noble family, or not.

I agree, I wonder if this relation ends in another royal ( though non-royal) wedding.

As I understand she's Italian. Does she have any noble background?
Rebecca is indeed Italian. She doesn't have any noble background among her immediate ancestors (2-3 generations), although it is likely there are some a bit further down her family tree. She is also related to the famed Italian composer Luciano Bettarini.
Rebecca's father is, as already mentioned, Ambassador to Belgium since 2010. From 2006 to 2010, he had been Ambassador to Luxembourg. Though not part of nobility, Roberto Bettarini's family has always been part of Rome's most select circles.

- An old picture of Rebecca at a society gathering (from 2002 or 2003)
She is a very beautiful, lovely girl and I hope Georgi doesn't miss his chance because of ambitions and (non-existent) chances to the Imperial Throne.

^^^^^Which lady is she, the strapless or the one with the jacket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom